Menu

September 13, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Cate Blanchett Wore Armani Prive To The Venice Film Festival Closing Ceremony

Cate Blanchett Wore Armani Prive To The Venice Film Festival Closing Ceremony

So, it would appear that Cate Blanchett was doing a Vanessa Williams on us by saving the best for last.

I may have liked all but one of the Cate’s red carpet during this 2020 Venice Film Festival,but I was still waiting for a magic moment.

Well, Cate delivered on Saturday (September 12) by wearing a breath-taking strapless Armani Prive Spring 2020 dress featuring a red beaded bodice worn under at stunning ikat print embroidered cape.

I feel like I would’ve been blown away by the strapless dress alone, but this cape takes the look into queen territory.

I would’ve side-eyed Cate had she worn the runway look, considering the access she has anything and everything Armani, but thankfully she made this look her own.

Her final look was befitting of the occasion, and her stature as our red carpet queen, so I won’t nitpick that I wish that her hairstylist had given this look a chic updo.

Armani Prive Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Courtesty of Armani/SGP

, , , , , ,

Cate Blanchett Wore Stella McCartney To The 'Mrs America' Mini-Series Venice Film Festival Screening

Cate Blanchett Wore Stella McCartney To The ‘Mrs America’ Mini-Series Venice Film Festival Screening

Kitty Spencer Stuns In The Front Row Of The Dolce & Gabbana's Alta Moda Show

Kitty Spencer Stuns In The Front Row Of The Dolce & Gabbana’s Alta Moda Show

22 Responses to Cate Blanchett Wore Armani Prive To The Venice Film Festival Closing Ceremony

1. Asalya September 16, 2020 at 8:30 am #

Amazing Cate and our Uzbek ikat print from Armani ! Welcome to Uzbekistan ))

2. Los_NGLS September 15, 2020 at 1:06 pm #

Simply magnificent! She can take Armani and make it look like bespoke Mary Katrantzou!

3. phee September 15, 2020 at 11:06 am #

Queen indeed! This is magical.
    I LOVE this. It just pops out of my screen. It looks regal and exciting.
    It is on BDOTY list…its so good for 2020!

4. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang September 14, 2020 at 7:01 pm #

Honestly, I’m starting to worry that Cate Blanchett has lost her red carpet mojo after recovering from the pandemic period. Her return to the red carpet via Venice Film Festival 2020, has gave us more UGHS than WOWS!! All those repeating choices and unflattering outfits dominated her recent outings, and it’s simply one catastrophe to another indeed!! Thank Goodness, Queen Cate saved the best for the last!! This Armani Prive gown with a colorful embroidered sheer cape sees Ms. Blanchett bounced back to her red carpet queen status in ONE FELL SWOOP!! Head to toe PERFECTION, and you get no complaints from me with this BREATHTAKING STUNNER alone!! Oh yeah Queen Cate, you’re back and we’re eternally blessed indeed!!

5. CN September 14, 2020 at 4:47 pm #

What a moment! She looks exquisite.

6. Hailey September 14, 2020 at 3:44 pm #

Absolutely breathtaking. She is the queen. BDOTY!

7. Paola September 14, 2020 at 2:55 pm #

It’s such a beautiful look! I prefer her cape length to the red carpet’s. It looks more coherent. I really thought it as part of the dress.

8. fromchi-town September 14, 2020 at 2:53 pm #

BDOTY – what a fabulous look!! My jaw is on the floor.

9. Amanda F September 14, 2020 at 2:54 am #

Ok I was starting to worry this moment was not going to happen. SO happy it did. Stunning!

10. Bee September 14, 2020 at 12:42 am #

Sensational!

11. Nat39 September 13, 2020 at 2:43 pm #

OMG, I’m speechless…a top BDOTY contender – this is pure magic, and her version is so much more appealing and flattering.

12. Cris September 13, 2020 at 2:28 pm #

Such a superb look from her! I saw a close up of her dress and the red top underneath looks devine. I secretly wish we had a picture of her without the cape as well. I think it would have looked just as great!

• Fee September 14, 2020 at 11:44 am #

I’m going to be the odd one out and say while the silhouette is flattering, the pattern is overdone and incoherent.

13. Sharon M September 13, 2020 at 12:47 pm #

Stunning…and I like the hair.

14. Chris September 13, 2020 at 12:09 pm #

Love!! This is what I have been waiting for! Happy that she did give us a BDOTY-worthy moment after all.

15. TeaAtTwo September 13, 2020 at 12:06 pm #

I originally wish she had worn the runway dress colour scheme but I think the cape print shows up better against the black skirt. I do wish she had spent a little more time doing her hair this festival.

16. Ramsay September 13, 2020 at 11:43 am #

Superb
    I think she will be tough to beat for BDOTY with this look

I assume that at some point she will rewear this dress without the cape

17. anonymous as always September 13, 2020 at 11:35 am #

I was waiting for this to be posted here! I mean this is a wow moment!
    The Queen is back indeed!
    As you wrote, the strapless dress is perfection on its’ own (that fit!) but with the cape is a match made in fashion heaven. And I actually like this way more than the runway version!
    BDOTY nominee for sure!

18. DorianGray September 13, 2020 at 11:02 am #

So I already have my 2020 BDOTY.
    The Queen is really back ❤

• Fee September 14, 2020 at 11:45 am #

19. TeaAtTwo September 13, 2020 at 10:52 am #

2020 has been stressful enough without thinking that fashion faves had totally lost lost their magic.

• Rose September 14, 2020 at 8:51 pm #

Cate’s version is 1000 times better than the runway version.