Menu

August 31, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Nicole Richie Wore Cong Tri To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Nicole Richie Wore Cong Tri To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Nicole Richie joined Sofia Carson, Ariana Grande and Doja Cat on the red carpet for the 2020 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday (August 30) in New York City.

For years Nicole has presented us with vintage, boho-inspired looks, but on this occasion she switched gears and opted for a full glam look which was befitting of the occasion.

There’s something about music award shows that get even someone like Nicole to change her whole look.

She glided down the red carpet wearing a Cong Tri Spring 2020 lime green dress that had a lot going on with the train, short length and the oversized bow, but it didn’t overwhelm Nicole’s petite frame.

Her presence was very commanding in fact, with the spiked headband, and neon-yellow Christian Louboutins Spikaqueen pumps adding a mighty punch to this striking look.

I had this on my wish list for Gabrielle Union, but Nicole more than does this look justice.

Cathy Waterman blue-green tourmaline Rocket Ship earrings completed her look.

Nicole Richie Wore Cong Tri To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards
Cong Tri Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

We earn a commission when you follow the link to make a purchase.

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Ariana Grande Wore Mugler To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Ariana Grande Wore Mugler To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Miley Cyrus Wore Mugler To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Miley Cyrus Wore Mugler To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

16 Responses to Nicole Richie Wore Cong Tri To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

1. Hailey September 17, 2020 at 4:09 am #

I don’t know why but I don’t love this look. I don’t hate it but it’s very meh to me.

2. phee September 15, 2020 at 9:04 am #

The dress is a complete mess. Doesn’t even fit her well.
    The shoes are great though. Like her hair styling. and like that she tried something different!

3. Marie September 2, 2020 at 8:12 pm #

When I first looked at this I thought ‘sure, why not’. Pretty much sums up my feelings. It’s fun and cute and well-styled. I feel like the construction looks a tad messy and wrinkly, but perhaps that was the intention, so it’s just a nit-pick. Overall, it’s a thumps-up from me. Sure. Looks nice.

4. Los_NGLS September 1, 2020 at 3:05 pm #

Gorgeous dress, I would also add that there’s something about music awards show that make rise-&-fall dresses work, lol.

Catherine, if you see this comment, and if you remember, could you remind me of who it was that red-carpet introduced us to Cong Tri?
    (Also, if you feel up for it, could you do a post on Chadwick’s greatest Red Carpet hits?)
    Thanks, and hope you are well!

5. Vu0n9 September 1, 2020 at 3:59 am #

Love the dress and shoes. The spiked headband feels out of place.

6. JHH August 31, 2020 at 6:04 pm #

I think the dress and shoes look great.

7. Fashionmint August 31, 2020 at 4:31 pm #

Love it

8. Ruth August 31, 2020 at 1:37 pm #

I like it

It’s cool.

Sofia Carson this is how u do it

• Leslie Trombley September 5, 2020 at 4:46 am #

Can someone address how scary skinny she looks? Like death. Poor girl.

9. TeaAtTwo August 31, 2020 at 12:35 pm #

I’m trying to squeeze the last of any semblance of summer feeling and I thought this dress wouldgo without a red carpet outing so I’m doubly loving this. That headband wasn’t needed but it doesn’t spoil the look.

10. Fee August 31, 2020 at 12:35 pm #

This is cute and a little different for her. I approve.