Menu

August 31, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Miley Cyrus Wore Mugler To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Miley Cyrus Wore Mugler To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

The MTV Video Music Awards welcomed their 2015 host Miley Cyrus to the 2020 event on Sunday (August 30) in New York City.

If Miley’s M.O. for the night she was the host was to look as ridiculous as humanly possible, she nailed it.

Keeping the mullet she gave a debut back in June, the singer graced the red carpet wearing a black see-through embroidered dress with matching beaded gloves from the Mugler Fall 2020 collection.

On this red carpet, or any other, I adore this look for Miley.

It has that rock chick sultry vibe going on which feels in tune with the more grown up glamour she has been presenting in recent times.

The mirrored accents win me over.  Without them, the dress wouldn’t have possessed the same aura.

Saint Laurent sandals and brown diamond large disco hoop earrings and a pave bracelet worn as a necklace, both by Loree Rodkin completed her look.

Do you love this look as much as I do?

Or can you not get passed the sheerness of it all?

Miley Cyrus Wore Mugler To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards
Mugler Fall 2020

Credit: Getty & Vogue.com

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Nicole Richie Wore Cong Tri To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Nicole Richie Wore Cong Tri To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Lady Gaga Wore Five Looks For The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Lady Gaga Wore Five Looks For The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

17 Responses to Miley Cyrus Wore Mugler To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

1. phee September 15, 2020 at 9:07 am #

I hate sheer. But this works for this event. And well. I think its the mirror accents that win me over. I really love that part.
    I certainly dont want to see sheer coming back in excess again but this works.

2. Jess September 5, 2020 at 12:18 am #

haha I thought for the first part you were hating it!! I’m so with you…I always want to not like Miley but she’s just so good and knows how to entertain!! This music video, performance and this look are so consistent. Love!!

• Catherine Kallon September 6, 2020 at 10:18 pm #

No.. far from it. This is such a good look for Miley

3. Marie September 2, 2020 at 7:55 pm #

It’s bad in a good way! It’s atrocious and terrible and I love it. The hair, the dress, the make-up and even those silver hoops and weird choker-necklace, it’s all really bad and I think she looks great!

I can’t really explain it, it’s a bit like a true ‘so bad it’s good’ movie. I guess there is a logic and cohesion and earnestness to its’ badness, it’s not trying too hard, it just – fits, and works. Thumbs up.

• Catherine Kallon September 6, 2020 at 10:19 pm #

I was wondering where you were going with this LOL

Yeah. I have strange relationship with Miley. I love her, but wonder why I do

4. Catarina_M September 2, 2020 at 3:21 pm #

That mullet ruins everything.

5. Chris September 2, 2020 at 1:05 pm #

I’m not a big fan of her style usually, but I love this. She’s wearing it well.

6. Mady September 1, 2020 at 3:08 pm #

This is so Miley, I really enjoy it but probably only for her!

7. Miss H September 1, 2020 at 3:06 pm #

I meeeean… her figure is amazing… nope, that’s all the nice things I have to say about this look!

8. addaloria September 1, 2020 at 3:13 am #

Yawn

9. JHH August 31, 2020 at 6:03 pm #

I am not usually a fan of sheer for its own sake but somehow I like this because it’s perfect for the VMAs and is what I expect from Miley. She went through a stage that was too staid but this look screams Miley Cyrus without being uber crazy. And she looks good in it.

10. P&P August 31, 2020 at 4:14 pm #

I mean, the outfit is terrible but she looks super hot. I like it.

11. LA August 31, 2020 at 3:27 pm #

Perfect for the VMAs!

• Hélène September 1, 2020 at 7:21 am #

Simply terrible…:: the dress, shoes, hair…. big NO!!!

12. Ruth August 31, 2020 at 1:36 pm #

One of the best looks of the night

It’s the vmas , an award show were u should dress hip and cool. This is awful

The hair makes her look like an 80’s female rocker

13. TeaAtTwo August 31, 2020 at 12:47 pm #

The mullet is still workkng for her but this outfit is boring and it all comes across as try-hard rather than nonchalantly provocative.

14. Fee August 31, 2020 at 12:30 pm #

Her best looks, since she decided to radically shed the whole Hannah Montana image.