Menu

August 31, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Doja Cat Wore Versace To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Doja Cat Wore Versace To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Doja Cat was crowned the PUSH Best New Artist winner at the 2020 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday (August 30) in New York City.

It was a big night for the singer, as it was her VMAs debut plus she performed a medley of ‘Say So’ and ‘Like That,’ two songs which have catapulted to popularity thanks to TikTok.

Doja Cat sizzled in a Versace Spring 2020 chainmail mini dress which was enriched with 3D floral appliqués and a fringed skirt.

I really enjoyed the throwback vibes of this dress.  It has an 90s supermodel feel with Naomi and Kate’s name written all over it.

It wasn’t only the dress that made a statement. One couldn’t ignore the super long pony which reached the heel of her Le Silla pink metallic three tier sandals.

Ruby, diamond, fire opal, pink sapphire and rubellites Lorraine Schwartz and Ofira Jewels perfectly complemented her dress along with her fuchsia eye makeup.

This was a fiery look, for a fiery character.  A perfect way to mark your VMA debut.

Do you agree?

Versace Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bella Hadid Wore Nensi Dojaka To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Bella Hadid Wore Nensi Dojaka To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Joey King Wore Versace To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Joey King Wore Versace To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

9 Responses to Doja Cat Wore Versace To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

1. Hailey September 17, 2020 at 4:17 am #

I really don’t like this. Looks unflattering and her hair is horrible.

2. phee September 15, 2020 at 8:57 am #

meh. blah. nothing interesting. Looks like the typical ice-skater look or like someone said above, carnival float.

3. Marie September 2, 2020 at 8:01 pm #

It’s a good look, if – and I realise that may sound weird – a safe choice. It’s ‘generic glittery mini-dress No.38’. Don’t get me wrong though, it’s still a really nice look, and I love the fun jewellery that kind of elevates it and she looks super-cute.

I guess it’s like when there is a big Disney Premiere and someone shows up in Elie Saab Look No.12. It doesn’t look bad, it never will, I have yet to lay eyes upon and Elie Saab gown that didn’t make the little girl inside me squeal with joy – but there is room for growth.

4. TeaAtTwo August 31, 2020 at 10:14 am #

I had pictured this dress on a float at a carnival but VMAs is also a fitting event for it. Still not a fan of Rapunzel long hair but otherwise it’s a fun, glamorous party look.

• Catherine Kallon August 31, 2020 at 12:18 pm #

Very true. Today would’ve been Notting Hill Carnival had it not been for Covid

5. Fanny August 31, 2020 at 10:02 am #

Head to toe a great look for the occasion. I would’ve loved it had she worn the runway shoes, but her choice is also great.

• Catherine Kallon August 31, 2020 at 12:19 pm #

Yeah. The runway shoes are awesome

• Carola September 1, 2020 at 12:38 am #

Hello, the shoes are Le Silla Pink metallic three tier Sandal.

• TeaAtTwo August 31, 2020 at 12:42 pm #

There were quite a few sandals and mules from this collection that caught my eye.