Menu

August 31, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday (August 30) kicks off the first major red carpet event since lockdown began, and Sofia Carson continued where she left off at the Golden Globes; in big puffy gown.

We expect barely-there micro dresses, sheer dresses, or dresses oozing with sex appeal at these events, but Sofia served up no surprises in her Giambattista Valli Haute Couture gown.

The red gown looks like it was made for her.  Some might even have a case of déjà vu as the gown is so indicative of her style, but I can assure you this is a first as the gown hails from the Fall 2020 Haute Couture collection which was presented during lockdown, so this the first red carpet look we are seeing from the designers said collection.

Vhernier earrings and a ring accessorized her sleek look.

I’m glad the makeup was kept very neutral.  I don’t believe this look needed a dramatic lip or intense eye makeup to sell it.

Giambattista Valli Fall 2020 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , ,

Alessandra Ambrosio's Retrofête Marlene Dress

Alessandra Ambrosio’s Retrofête Marlene Dress

Bella Hadid Wore Nensi Dojaka To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Bella Hadid Wore Nensi Dojaka To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

6 Responses to Sofia Carson Wore Giambattista Valli Haute Couture To The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

1. Hailey September 17, 2020 at 4:20 am #

Very familiar with her but I like it. She rocks it.

2. phee September 15, 2020 at 8:51 am #

This almost feels outdated now. I dont find it very good or interesting. It also really does feel odd for this event.

3. Marie September 2, 2020 at 8:19 pm #

I feel about this look kind of like I feel about the live-action Cinderella remake from 2015.

Is it interesting? Not really. Is it memorable? Meh. Does it add anything at all to the conversation? It sure as hell doesn’t, but in reality, I don’t think it ever set out to do so.
    In the end, it’s pretty and nice to look at and when I put it on in the background it will get a little smile out of me when I bother to turn my eyes to the screen every now and then. And it knows that’s all there is to it, it knows it’s place, which is fine and comfortable even if I wish it tried something a bit more ambitious.

(This metaphor worked better then I initially expected, though I have to amend this look isn’t quite as pretty as Cinderella(2015).)

4. Ruth August 31, 2020 at 1:35 pm #

Worst dressed of the night

This is so event inappropriate .

This is what u were to the oscars or golden globes not the vmas
    The vmas are a fun hip award show, u should dress edgy and cool not regal.

Huge no no for me

5. Fanny August 31, 2020 at 9:58 am #

So excited about the first red carpet!
    I feel like I’ve seen her in very similar dresses a few times before, and I also think I would’ve liked this better without the peplum thing. She looks beautiful though.

6. TeaAtTwo August 31, 2020 at 8:34 am #

Very repetitive look and both she and Giambattista should mix it up but I’m utterly charmed by this. This a beautiful gown and is the escapist glamour that I’ve been craving.