Menu

July 15, 2020 Runway To Instagram

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge was glowing as she helped to launch a new BBC initiative called Tiny Happy People this week.

Tiny Happy People is a five-year initiative, backed by the Duchess of Cambridge, to support parents and carers in developing the language and communication skills of 0-4-year-old children.

At the heart of the initiative is a simple message – talk to children from as early an age as possible.

Catherine joined a group of families this week to talk about the initiative, which she has been involved in for months. It will provide a range of free digital resources, specifically designed to support parents and carers in developing children’s language from pregnancy to the age of four.

You’ll be forgiven if you feel that this Emilia Wickstead’s Anatola pleated polka dot shirt dress is a re-run – I had to double-check myself – but the Pre-Fall 2019 dress appears to be new.

What isn’t new is Catherine’s love for polka dots.

We seen her most recently wear an Equipment blouse for the Children’s Centre visit (a for a second time), an Alessandra Rich dress for the Bletchley Park visit (also for a second time), an L.K. Bennett dress for the Evelina London Children’s hospital visit, a Dolce & Gabbana dress for the 2017 Wimbledon Tennis Championships and the Jenny Packham dress she wore while departing St. Mary’s Hospital with baby Prince Louis, to name a few.

Sporting a fresh blow dry, the Duchess paired her floaty button-up midi with her Castaner Cariña wedges that have become a staple for the royal.

On this occasion they didn’t work.

I understand her intentions, as she was on grass, and heels would’ve been a disaster, but black wedges – preferably without that inexpensive looking ankle tie, would’ve been a better option.

Thoughts?

Emilia Wickstead Pre-Fall 2019

Credit: kensingtonroyal instagram

, , , , , ,

Maison Margiela S.W.A.L.K. Trailer Release

Maison Margiela S.W.A.L.K. Trailer Release

Cardi B Rocks Chanel Surf Line On Instagram

Cardi B Rocks Chanel Surf Line On Instagram

10 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge’s Love For Polka Dots Continues In Emilia Wickstead

1. Los_NGLS July 20, 2020 at 4:04 pm #

I think those wedges were a perfect choice. Black wedges would’ve been a bit garish for a daytime event on grass, surrounded by kids and what looks like giant toys.

Also, at a time like this, its probably best for the ultra rich to flaunt their money a tad bit less, and wear something “affordable looking”, even if it is just a shoe and probably not affordable for most.

• Mel July 21, 2020 at 12:57 am #

I get what you are saying but her dress is new and it cost a couple grand…I dont think anyone is going to care that she wore “affordable” shoes when shes been debuting new expensive dresses every week.

• Los_NGLS July 22, 2020 at 9:10 pm #

Fair point Mel! But I don’t think a casual summer polka spotted dress carries the same visual “new” and “expensive”- weight factor as a new accessory does, particularly since accessories are repeated more often than clothes. That being said, I don’t know Kate’s wardrobe well enough to know if she has an old pair to fit Catherine’s suggestion.

BUT I still stand by the sho0e choice also relating to the situation – grass – kids – big toys. 😛

2. Lucy Kuryliw July 20, 2020 at 4:42 am #

Blah blah blah oh look I pooped some flimsy string shoes and polka dots aren’t I fancy

3. phee July 17, 2020 at 3:35 am #

That dress is sooooooo cute and pretty. Just seems so perfect for the event. I just adore it on her!

4. Delphine July 16, 2020 at 12:11 pm #

Unlike the dress. I chose to not look à the shoes
    But I don’t like the hair and makeup. I find it too harsh

5. _Hannah_ July 16, 2020 at 11:55 am #

I’d prefer the lookbook version of the dress because it’s more summery. And I agree – she could’ve chosen better shoes – maybe some nice flat sandals?

6. Beth July 16, 2020 at 6:15 am #

I wish she were also wearing a mask!

• Lauren July 23, 2020 at 9:06 am #

She was social distancing. Masks aren’t required in the UK.

7. TeaAtTwo July 16, 2020 at 5:34 am #

Those darn espadrilles, they never work. Take the money that her uncle-in-law Andrew receives and use some of it for new shoes for Duchess Catherine. I wish she had worn the look book version of the dress too.