Menu

July 2, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Beyonce Knowles’ Full Alessandra Rich 2020 BET Awards Look

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Thanks to all of you who tagged me on this full length image of Beyonce on Instagram, which gives us a full look at her Alessandra Rich Spring 2020 gown from the 2020 BET Awards.

I’m not that crazy about the sheer gloves, but from the style of the dress my feeling is that Beyonce and her stylist – Zerina Akers – were going for an old fashioned / old Hollywood style of glam.

However, I do feel like the bow wasn’t needed. I wish they had found another way to snatch in her waist.

I have exams tomorrow, so I’ll be back to updating more frequently from this weekend.

Alessandra Rich Spring 2020

Credit: Beyonce.com & Vogue.com

Shop the look

, , , , ,

Beyonce Wore Alessandra Rich For The 2020 BET Awards

Beyonce Wore Alessandra Rich For The 2020 BET Awards

Hailey Bieber's Jacquemus Le Chemise Vallena Pink and White Shirt

Hailey Bieber’s Jacquemus Le Chemise Vallena Pink and White Shirt

12 Responses to Beyonce Knowles’ Full Alessandra Rich 2020 BET Awards Look

1. cmo1980 July 6, 2020 at 11:29 am #

Very beautiful woman & dress is perfect on her !

2. cookie July 4, 2020 at 3:49 pm #

tacky and that fake hair is awful. looks great on the model

3. addaloria July 3, 2020 at 5:15 pm #

I love her. Like love. Having said that, the dress looks messy to me.

4. Mona July 3, 2020 at 3:48 pm #

I don’t like this on Beyoncé. It looks busy busy busy…and tinkering on tacky. Generally, I’m not a fan of her fashion choices

5. JAB July 3, 2020 at 3:08 am #

She is a gorgeous woman and could make a paper bag look good, but the dress and accessories don’t do her any favors. Where to start… almost no one looks good in a high-low dress, especially not a mature woman; which leads me to my next thought that this look is too tween… especially when you add in the bow at the waist, which is already snached courtesy of the dress.

Remove the gloves, bow belt, and make it a single (full) length and it would have been much better. The shoe sparkle would have peeked through but not been so distracting.

The necklace just doesn’t work with the dress. I’m sure she has access to lots of diamonds.

Her makeup is lovely and her hair is sleek.

6. trudy July 2, 2020 at 7:16 pm #

I really like that she is decently dressed and not showing way too much skin like usual. This is age appropriate and nice, a bit OTT with the decorations and accessories though

7. Los_NGLS July 2, 2020 at 4:10 pm #

This is perfection.

Firstly, unnaturally long hair is my jam. I LIVE FOR INCHES of good weave/wig, and Bey has the best hair team in town.

The dress is divine in full view. I like the bow when you see all the ruffles in the full length, but the bow doesn’t work for me without the ruffles. I like the placement of the buttons, but not these particular buttons, they just look kinda cheap compared to however many millions worth of diamonds are around her neck. And while I’m normally not a fan of gloves, these work for me, I think cause of the sheerness, and also the raw edges at the top.

There is a lot going on, and I think it works beautifully. More importantly, its purposeful.

I think its about attitude and letting people, particularly BIPOC, know just how high we can go (in entertainment in her case), what stars we can reach. (Rihanna does the same with her own twist – silhouettes that voluminize [not a real word] her frame and a small jewelry stores worth of jewels for any outing) Beyonce is a Black billionaire married to a Black billionaire, a feat probably unthinkable as recently as her grandparents, and so she will present herself thusly.

8. TeaAtTwo July 2, 2020 at 2:19 pm #

She herself looks gorgeous in the dress but the styling just drags the outfit down. The super long and straight blond weave looks rather dated, the sheer gloves come off as costumey, the matching choker and ankle straps on the sandals look cheesy, and the bow at waist further clutters the outfit.

9. TeaAtTwo July 2, 2020 at 2:14 pm #

Good luck for your exams!

10. Charlotte July 2, 2020 at 1:57 pm #

There’s way too much going on here !
    The necklace, the long hair, the gloves, the bow, the hem with the ruffles, the huge buttons…
    With another hairstyle, without the gloves and the bow, maybe this good have worked.

11. Jake July 2, 2020 at 12:45 pm #

I agree with you on the bow and gloves, bow especially was not needed. Beautiful girl but I’ve been feeling kinda meh about her last couple outings.

12. _Hannah_ July 2, 2020 at 12:44 pm #

Good luck with your exams!

As for Beyonce – I like the silhouette but I don’t think the gloves and the bow were necessary. Also, I find her hair bit too long. But still, she looks great.