Menu

March 21, 2020 Best Of

Which Was Your Favourite Jennifer Lopez Awards Season Look?

Awards season is a time when we have high expectations.

They may not always been matched – see Renée Zellweger – but when Jennifer Lopez was announced as a nominee, I was very, very excited, as we needed a glamour goddess to give the us what we really want.

Things started off really well, but the misjudged Valentino Haute Couture gown at the Golden Globe Awards really knocked the wind out of her sails.

The Georges Hobeika dress at the Critics Choice Awards and her Julien Macdonald number were the only looks that presented that JLo glow, as I still can’t get on board with her Valentino Film Independent Spirit Awards look that so many of you favoured.

Despite the glam moments, my favourite look was the floral Richard Quinn, followed by the Julien Macdonald.

Dakota Johnson Wore Gucci To The Opening Of Gucci Osteria

Dakota Johnson Wore Gucci To The Opening Of Gucci Osteria

13 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Jennifer Lopez Awards Season Look?

1. Catarina_M March 23, 2020 at 9:46 pm #

The Julien Macdonald for me.

2. Guest March 22, 2020 at 9:07 pm #

I dont know about u guys but I loved that golden globes dress.
    Her SAG dress was also good.

Too bad we would never address her as “oscar nominated actress ” Jennifer Lopez.

3. Guest March 22, 2020 at 7:14 pm #

I’m surprised Jennifer didn’t have a Versace moment. Perhaps she would have if she had been nominated for an Oscar.

4. Guest March 22, 2020 at 11:24 am #

I liked the Independent Spirit Awards outfit. I was glad to see there were only a few with very high slits or very low necklines…we know what kind of unbelievable shape she is in. I don’t need to see her leg sticking out through a slit so high it is almost to her waist.

5. Red Carpet Fashion Awards March 22, 2020 at 10:17 am #

Sadly it is the right thing to do. 🥺

6. Kat March 22, 2020 at 7:21 am #

Underwhelming. I had such high hopes

7. CD_ March 22, 2020 at 12:17 am #

The GG look has the best hair and makeup, classic J-Lo territory, and the necklace is breathtaking. The SAG look is still my favourite overall.

8. Guest March 21, 2020 at 10:52 pm #

I read Cannes has been postponed.
    The right thing to do of course and we knew it was going to happen but still 😂

9. Guest March 21, 2020 at 8:17 pm #

The Richard Quinn was the only look that I loved, the rest were just nice with some edging towards ‘meh’.

10. Guest March 21, 2020 at 7:12 pm #

I feel the same about that 2nd dress, it’s a nice dress but feels so wrong on her. Compared to all the other looks it’s way too cutesy.

11. JR March 21, 2020 at 4:28 pm #

Only once you seen them all together do you realize that it really wasn’t all that great a run in the first place. It was all over the place and nothing was 100% perfectly executed. Shame really.

12. Phee phee March 21, 2020 at 3:13 pm #

I intensely dislike the 2nd one. It just doesnt seem like her kind of dress. Its not an authentic look for her.
    I really do like the Independent Spirit look. Its laid-back but sensual.
    The Critics choice dress would be my second fave of the bunch.

13. Guest March 21, 2020 at 3:12 pm #

Actresses seem to go safe during award season. People at home/online appreciate some well done drama and daring in red carpet looks.