Menu

January 13, 2020

Jennifer Lopez In Georges Hobeika – 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards

Jennifer Lopez In Georges Hobeika - 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards

The Jennifer Lopez redemption tour continued at the 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards, which was held at the Barker Hangar on Sunday (January 12) in Santa Monica, California, following her appearance at the 2020 Los Angeles Critics Association Awards.

Proof that you can’t keep a good woman down, the actress was back to her very best appearing to have learnt to refine her look, and give us the JLo we wanted to see at the Golden Globe Awards.

In this champagne hued Georges Hobeika gown we were presented with an elegant, yet sensual silhouette, accented with some trademark bling.

There is classic JLo imbued from every angle without the OTT gaudiness that none of us want from the mega star.

Harry Winston jewels and a matching Jimmy Choo ‘Ciggy’ clutch completed her look.

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Anne Hathaway In Atelier Versace - 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards

Anne Hathaway In Atelier Versace – 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards

Zendaya Coleman In Tom Ford - 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards

Zendaya Coleman In Tom Ford – 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards

35 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Georges Hobeika – 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards

1. Guest January 16, 2020 at 5:34 pm #

Dated but she looks fine.

2. lisam825 January 14, 2020 at 7:30 am #

This dress was also worn by Li Bingbing at The Meg premiere in 2018 https://www.pinterest.com/pin/566257353144524855/

3. Noor January 14, 2020 at 5:03 am #

What I like the most about this dress is its fit. It’s perfect.

4. Guest January 14, 2020 at 4:57 am #

A gorgeous understated (serious actress) vibe.

5. Guest January 14, 2020 at 4:36 am #

The dress is a tad tight on her, but overall a very classy, elegant look that befits her instead of the OTT look at the GGs. The silhouette is beautiful, and I love that she went for long locks instead of a tight bun/updo.

6. KseniaBradner January 13, 2020 at 11:34 pm #

Very nice, well-fit. I think Georges Hobeika’s designs are low-rent, but this blends Jennifer’s signature style with the more conservative audience she was trying to court for that Oscar nom.

7. Guest January 13, 2020 at 10:22 pm #

At first I thought it was Prada and I almost fainted.

I don’t get why she keeps wearing all these second rate middle eastern designers when she could be wearing the real top brands or at least the original one among those, Elie Saab.

Her 2001 oscars outing in Chanel couture remains her best look ever. Sad she doesn’t dress like that anymore.

Also her snub this morning was rude.

8. Paola102 January 13, 2020 at 10:06 pm #

What a beautiful dress!

9. Los_NGLS January 13, 2020 at 4:20 pm #

Elegant and sexy, I love it! A body like that, at the unbelievable age of 50, DESERVES to be so tastefully shown off (and even sometimes less tastefully ?)

I’m quite disappointed that the Academy Awards AND BAFTA snubbed her for nominations, hopefully she still goes as a presenter to the Oscars. Donatella just revealed her as the model for the Spring 2020 campaign, so I have a feeling the Atelier is cooking up something delightful for her for the Oscars (if she goes).

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 13, 2020 at 8:49 pm #

I was intrigued to see her Oscar gown especially.

• Los_NGLS January 13, 2020 at 9:32 pm #

Well, we shall see. I think she will still go, it’s likely she was already booked as a presenter, and it will either – be the same dress, because JLo will shine nomination or unfair denial of one (I’m literally watching Hustlers right now, and she was fantastic), or it will be another great dress, just not THEE dress.

10. Vizual Ninja January 13, 2020 at 3:57 pm #

This is giving me major pageant vibes. The hair and makeup is a win this time and elevates the look, but not enough for me to be excited over it, the colour is dull too.

11. JohnM219 January 13, 2020 at 3:44 pm #

One of Jen’s personal bests.

Classic while still being every bit the JLO we love.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 13, 2020 at 8:48 pm #

“Classic while still being every bit the JLO we love”

yep. that’s her at her best

12. Phee phee January 13, 2020 at 3:35 pm #

Its really very elegant. H2t is pretty much flawless. Cant find much to complain about.
    I like it a lot. Wont be a best dressed out of the group but its very lovely.

13. Guest January 13, 2020 at 3:30 pm #

She looks great. The critics choice awards are always slightly understated so this is perfect. She’s doing Jlo but a notch down

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 13, 2020 at 8:49 pm #

Yes, it has never been a OTT type of event, so this fits the occasion perfectly.

14. Guest January 13, 2020 at 2:49 pm #

Too tight, bad color for her skin tone and dated styling.

15. Guest January 13, 2020 at 12:47 pm #

It’s nice, she’s giving variety and still Jennifer Lopez. I would have loved for this to have been in a bright or jewel colour.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 13, 2020 at 8:48 pm #

purple would’ve been amazing

16. Guest January 13, 2020 at 12:15 pm #

Lovely and more refined, indeed, I do like it. But at the end of the day, it’s rather bland and forgettable.

17. Dominos January 13, 2020 at 12:11 pm #

I like it. It’s sexy and classy and a good colour for her. I also think her accessories are spot on.

18. Guest January 13, 2020 at 12:03 pm #

I’m pretty underwhelmed, I don’t really like/care for the dress.

• Guest January 13, 2020 at 9:53 pm #

I saw pictures of the back of the gown, which consists of a quite visible sheer panel. Doesn’t make me like it more

19. sueno January 13, 2020 at 11:57 am #

Front of the dress is pretty fine but from the back dress looks cheap.

20. CharlotteLG January 13, 2020 at 11:13 am #

Nothing bad, but pretty boring.

21. Catarina_M January 13, 2020 at 11:07 am #

She looks elegant, I like it. Probably the dress is a little tight, but I’m choosing to ignore that.

22. Guest January 13, 2020 at 11:06 am #

Are u guys finally happy now

U guys hated her golden globes gown now jlo has toned herself down to the barest minimum.

This look is so lame and boring for jlo standards.

• Guest January 13, 2020 at 12:12 pm #

I like it, it’s lovely and in fact more refined. But at the end of the day nobody is going to remember it, true it’s boring and not distinct enough.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 13, 2020 at 8:50 pm #

For this event it is perfect. Jlo will be back.. don’t worry

lol

23. Guest January 13, 2020 at 11:05 am #

This is what I’d like to see from her from now on. So elegant

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 13, 2020 at 8:49 pm #

I feel the same.

24. Guest January 13, 2020 at 11:02 am #

This is the Jennifer I want to see: classy, sexy, glowing, serving face and body without looking tacky.
    ???

25. Guest January 13, 2020 at 10:49 am #

She looks great but there is something dated about the whole look imho.

• Guest January 13, 2020 at 11:03 am #

Bc of her hair, I think. ??‍♀️ And the dress is too tight….