Menu

March 10, 2020 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Gugu Mbatha-Raw Wore Emilia Wickstead To The ‘Misbehaviour’ World Premiere

Gugu Mbatha-Raw Wore Emilia Wickstead To The ‘Misbehaviour’ World Premiere

There was a trio of British acting talent on the red carpet for the ‘Misbehaviour’ world premiere in London on Monday (March 9), with Gugu Mbatha-Raw joining Suki Waterhouse and Keira Knightley.

Leading the spring time flare, the actress wore a yellow strapless cloqué dress from the Emilia Wickstead Spring 2020 collection.

I know not everyone is too fond of this square neckline, especially following Billy Porter’s Critics’ Choice Awards dress, but it would be impossible not to get sweep away by this sophisticated romance, and how the piece was able to maintain its sculptural shape.

The magenta lip added so much flare, along with her embellished knotted sandals.

Emilia Wickstead Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Liu Yifei  刘亦菲 Wore Elie Saab Haute Couture To The 'Mulan' World Premiere

Liu Yifei 刘亦菲 Wore Elie Saab Haute Couture To The ‘Mulan’ World Premiere

Christina Aguilera Wore Galia Lahav To The ‘Mulan’ World Premiere

Christina Aguilera Wore Galia Lahav To The ‘Mulan’ World Premiere

23 Responses to Gugu Mbatha-Raw Wore Emilia Wickstead To The ‘Misbehaviour’ World Premiere

1. Guest March 11, 2020 at 6:00 am #

Perfect.

2. Guest March 10, 2020 at 11:31 pm #

UBER cute, down to the bows, which add just the right accents. And when can you ever say that about bows?! Well done!

3. Guest March 10, 2020 at 9:29 pm #

I thought most hated Billy’s styling and the feeling of trying too hard for attention rather than the neckline but regardless, she looks lovely and the square neckline differentiates this dress from other strapless dresses. Lovely colour and that lip colour was a great choice too.

4. Guest March 10, 2020 at 8:23 pm #

I much prefer the length on her. Perfection, while I’m also not a fan of this style of bodice.

5. Guest March 10, 2020 at 7:12 pm #

It’s a very pretty look though I wish for necklace here.

6. Originalmeme March 10, 2020 at 5:52 pm #

The color is lovely as is her hair and makeup. I hate the neckline of the dress.

7. Guest March 10, 2020 at 4:35 pm #

This is so charmingly spring-y and extra pretty, esp. against that glittery background (I have to say the pretty background plays a big role here – it adds a lot and even enhances the look in this case). J’adore, of course.

8. Guest March 10, 2020 at 4:31 pm #

I’m going to give a lot of credit for how extra pretty it all looks to the background actually. The background has a lot to do with how this look is being perceived. The look is charming and lovely on its own, but against that sparkling background, it’s even coming across as striking and super pretty.

9. Guest March 10, 2020 at 4:25 pm #

Soo gorgeous!! Definitely deserves to be on the BDOTW-poll.

10. Catarina_M March 10, 2020 at 4:00 pm #

This smells like Spring. I’m in love with those sandals.

11. Guest March 10, 2020 at 3:52 pm #

This photo is making me long for spring. Such a lovely dress, and Gugu carries it so well. The pink lip and those silver sandals are the perfect finishing touches.

12. Guest March 10, 2020 at 3:06 pm #

I adore this look on her. She looks gorgeous. But the love stops at the ankles – I don’t like the shoes.

13. Guest March 10, 2020 at 2:53 pm #

Absolutely lovely. The shoes really cement the deal. Gugu’s style is hit or miss but when she dresses like a cupcake she usually hits a home run. Stay in the girly lane.

14. Phee phee March 10, 2020 at 2:49 pm #

I really really love the sparkly gold backdrop for this movie. I wish more events did pretty backgrounds .

15. Phee phee March 10, 2020 at 2:47 pm #

I love it! so sunny. I am a fan of square necklines so this works fine. I adore the skirt part. Its a great silhouette. I dont see twee at all in this.
    She styled it very nicely too.

16. Guest March 10, 2020 at 1:58 pm #

Gugu really looks lovely in this buttercup yellow Emilia Wickstead gown!! The true epitome of a blossoming English rose indeed, this is HEAD TO TOE PERFECTION, hands down baby!!

17. Guest March 10, 2020 at 1:48 pm #

Love the color combo, the shoes, the lipstick, …, not sure about the style of the dress.

18. Paola102 March 10, 2020 at 1:41 pm #

So beautifully simple but sophisticated! much better than on the runway.

19. Dominos March 10, 2020 at 12:53 pm #

She looks just beautiful and feminine and has me soo ready for spring.

20. MissHebble March 10, 2020 at 12:26 pm #

This is just the pick me up I needed on this cold wet day! I love the dress and that lip colour is EVERYTHING!

21. CharlotteLG March 10, 2020 at 12:22 pm #

I like this color on her and her beauty look is beautiful, but the dress is a bit twee and the neckline is a bit weird, not really flattering.

22. Guest March 10, 2020 at 12:16 pm #

I’m torn. I love the dress, she looks beautiful but it also feels a little too twee for her.

23. Guest March 10, 2020 at 12:15 pm #

BDOTW! Love the color and those shoes are perfection! The pink lip is making me very happy! Gugu is a sunny, springy, delight!