Menu

March 4, 2020

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wore The Vampire's Wife To The Guinness Storehouse’s Gravity Bar

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge’s final engagement of their first day in Ireland was a visit to the Guinness Storehouse’s Gravity Bar on Tuesday (March 3) in Dublin, Ireland.

As predicted, the Duchess packed plenty of green looks for this trip, and I don’t think this will be the last.

This is one dress that needs zero introduction.

It is of course, a signature dress from The Vampire’s Wife.

In the history of the brand this colour and style is the most signifant, because it was the first time a celebrity wore it on the red carpet.

Elisabeth Moss donned this dress back in 2017 – imagine producing the same dress in different colours, lengths and fabrics, and it’s still going strong three years later?

Other celebrities who have worn this same dress is Alexa Chung, Emma Willis, Elizabeth Chambers, Princess Beatrice wore a similar version, and Sam Taylor-Wood.

I won’t go into the other colourways, as this post would be never-ending.

The iridescent fabric made it perfect for an evening event, but I wasn’t too enamoured by the styling.

The Emmy London pumps were repeated, with a gold and earrings, which fell a little flat for me.

How do you feel about Catherine’s styling of this look?

Credit: Getty

, , , , , ,

Front Row @ Chanel Fall 2020

Front Row @ Chanel Fall 2020

L’Oréal Paris Celebrates The Launch of Age Perfect Cosmetics With Helen Mirren & Viola Davis

20 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Wore The Vampire’s Wife To The Guinness Storehouse’s Gravity Bar

1. Guest March 5, 2020 at 7:27 am #

Ugh, we get it. You’re in Ireland wearing green.

2. Guest March 5, 2020 at 5:34 am #

As someone rightly pointed out much better styling was needed. Maybe white pumps or white clutch. The bling effect of the dress is overshadowing the glitter of the earrings hence they were not a good choice.

3. Noor March 5, 2020 at 4:34 am #

Even though there were so many who wore the same dress, only Kate looks good. I don’t hate it.

4. lmkw March 5, 2020 at 12:01 am #

Honestly, I’m impressed with how she manages to make everything a little less interesting. Be it the color or the styling she brings everything she wears down just a little. I assume it’s by design so good for her?

5. Guest March 4, 2020 at 11:21 pm #

I think she looks marvelous. The dress is wonderful on her tall and thin frame.
    I also don’t dislike her accessories. The gold earings and neutral clutch worked well.
    Sure. It’s not groundbreaking, but it isn’t supposed to be. I think people expect too much from her, when she’s constricted by several rules about what she may or not wear in public appearances, as a member of royalty.
    So no, she can’t be a fashion icon like Celine Dion, for example. But she always look her best, albeit keeping it grounded.
    As for the shoes, kudos for her. Celebrities just make appearances for the photos and go home, but she has to stay hours on foot for all the ceremonies. So you wear comfortable shoes and that’s it. And they’re pretty and go with the dress. So there!!!

6. Guest March 4, 2020 at 9:45 pm #

This is so aging… not fun not fresh
    was wondering why you didn’t published anything about Queen Raina of Jordan. She did a show just by herself this week.

7. Guest March 4, 2020 at 7:32 pm #

Ok THIS is a good look. The brand suits her personal style and I don’t find it aging. Personally I don’t care how many times I see a dress as long as it suits the person wearing it.
    Love the gold accessories in fact I wish she’d have paired it with gold shoes. More of this in the future please!

8. Guest March 4, 2020 at 7:03 pm #

Maybe you could do a gigantic who-wore-it-best post about this dress? That would be really interesting.
    I like the colour on Kate but I am not a fan of the styling.

9. Guest March 4, 2020 at 6:28 pm #

Love the colour on her, it would be way better wirh hair up and bold lips.

10. Guest March 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm #

She is so much like Diana, everything she wears looks great on her. The green was perfect for Ireland.

11. Guest March 4, 2020 at 5:18 pm #

Her styling is consistently terrible. The dress is great but there are other colors to wear in Ireland…

12. Red Carpet Fashion Awards March 4, 2020 at 4:24 pm #

Thank you. I just got back from Crossfit, so my brain was on lock down. 😂

13. Guest March 4, 2020 at 3:41 pm #

I like the dress and the accessories are fine. I just wish she changed out the shoes for gold ones to keep in consistent.

14. Phee phee March 4, 2020 at 3:25 pm #

Vampires Wife has such a cool name, such a boring standard dress.
    I applaud them for making so much money on one dress style.

15. Los_NGLS March 4, 2020 at 3:16 pm #

I wonder how much more money she gets in her wardrobe budget now that Meghan isn’t getting any 🤔🤔 Probs a lot.

16. Guest March 4, 2020 at 2:34 pm #

Gorgeous dress, unimaginative styling indeed. I agree that one should be allowed to wear a colour other than green when visiting Ireland. Having said that, I think I would have preferred William in a green suit, just to shake things up a bit.

17. Guest March 4, 2020 at 2:13 pm #

Name corrections – Elizabeth Chambers and Sam Taylor-Wood

I mean, she looks nice. But my kingdom for an unexpected pair of shoes.

18. Catarina_M March 4, 2020 at 2:09 pm #

I don’t like the styling, those earrings and clutch doesn’t go well with that dress.

19. BrittaDK March 4, 2020 at 1:53 pm #

Yes, we’ve seen this dress a lot. But The Dutches looks gorgeous in it. Great color and cut for her. The heels and clutch looks too random though.

20. Guest March 4, 2020 at 1:49 pm #

The Vampire’s Wife curse strikes the Duchess. I like the colour and the fabric glistening under lights but she doesn’t need to wear so much green just because it’s a visit to Ireland.