Menu

February 24, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

2020 NAACP Image Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Tiffany Haddish, Yara Shahidi and Storm Reid - 2020 NAACP Image Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Here is the roundup from the 2020 NAACP Image Awards held at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium on Saturday (February 22) in Pasadena, California.

Tiffany Haddish: My heart is warmed by Tiffany’s stylish Law Roach, supporting fellow stylist Jason Rembert’s Aliétte label.  The Spring 2020 silver sequin dress allowed for a multitude of stylish possibilities, yet Tiffany added yet more bling with her Rene Caovilla Cleo sandals and diamond jewels.

Yara Shahidi:  With so much embellishment and colours, of course this spirited mini was from Gucci.

Storm Reid:  I’m usually a big fan of all things Thom Browne but I couldn’t get on board with the second part of the skirt, or the shoes here.

Aliétte Spring 2020
Gucci Fall 2019
Thom Browne Spring 2020
Chloe Bailey and Logan Browning - 2020 NAACP Image Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Chloe Bailey:  Dressed in Sally LaPointe Spring 2020, the singer may have found the solution to Victoria Beckham’s trouser hem issues.

Logan Browning: The actress wore a beautiful from Prabal Gurung’s Pre-Fall 2020 collection, but it was the Tasaki Atelier earrings and sheer gloves which sold the look to me.  What a way to add some drama to a black bustier gown.

Sally LaPointe Spring 2020
Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall 2020
Marsai Martin and H.E.R. - 2020 NAACP Image Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Marsai Martin: As one of the big winners on the night, it was the’Black-ish’ stars time to shine. And she did so wearing an Ermanno Scervino Spring 2020 dress that was heavily detailing without being too overwrought.

H.E.R.:  The graphic tie-dye print that defines the singers Acne Studios’ Spring 2020 suit showcases Creative director Jonny Johansson’s enduring art inspirations. Pairing with a Jimi Hendrix amps up the urban aesthetic. Giuseppe Zanotti ‘Betty’ platforms completed her look.

Ermanno Scervino Spring 2020
Acne Studios Spring 2020
Angela Bassett and Jasmine Tookes - 2020 NAACP Image Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Angela Bassett:  The actress looked like a goddess in green Azzi & Osta, with complementary accessories. But did the dress really need the train?

Jasmine Tookes:  I am a huge fan of Jasmine’s style, but I can’t get on board with the colour and length of the lining on this Georges Chakra Fall 2019 Couture dress. Stella Luna heels completed her look.

Azzi & Osta
Georges Chakra Fall 2019 Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Tracee Ellie Ross Wore Christopher John Rogers To The 2020 NAACP Image Awards

Tracee Ellie Ross Wore Christopher John Rogers To The 2020 NAACP Image Awards

Netflix's Hollywood Tastemaker Event With Janet Mock & Laura Harrier

Netflix’s Hollywood Tastemaker Event With Janet Mock & Laura Harrier

11 Responses to 2020 NAACP Image Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Noor February 25, 2020 at 6:44 am #

Logan looks lovely. There’s not much to mention. Everyone seems different from each others. It’s unique. I like the event.

2. Guest February 25, 2020 at 12:09 am #

I love the print on Storm’s dress and I loved the bustier version of two part dress Martha Hunt wore to 2018 CDFA awards but I can’t on board with Storm’s version of the Thom Browne dress.

3. Guest February 24, 2020 at 11:36 pm #

Yara and Logan look great. Sometimes an awful look is the wearer’s fault and sometimes, it’s the designer’s fault — I blame Thom Browne entirely for the awful look that Storm is wearing. Tiffany’s outfit looks just like the one my Mom wore to my wedding except Mom’s was pink — and those shoes are not the right look with the suit/dress. Marsai is 15 and this look is just too old for her. Re Angela, does any dress really need a train? She looks good. I too wish Jasmine had gone for a different lining but even so she looks good as always.

4. Guest February 24, 2020 at 10:38 pm #

Same thoughts about Tiffany’s dress – it may be silver, but the design looks too office-y – it has a lot to do with the skirt, it needed to be either shorter (and then those sandals would’ve worked better too) or a floor length with the sexy slit.

5. Guest February 24, 2020 at 10:32 pm #

Storm Reid is the one for WDOTY, from the horrible skirt design and awful shoe choice, and who put that bustier on the 16 y.o. anyway??

6. Guest February 24, 2020 at 10:24 pm #

Yara looks extra cute, and Angela Bassett looks polished and beautiful as always, don’t see any problem with the train (it flows well with the design while adding a little extra).

7. Guest February 24, 2020 at 9:58 pm #

Tiffany and Yara look like they’re going to have a fun night in their dresses. I also really like Chloe’s whole look, ankles up.
    Overall this red carpet was very enjoyable!

8. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 24, 2020 at 9:33 pm #

It was very strong red carpet. I agree.

9. Guest February 24, 2020 at 9:15 pm #

I really love this red carpet. Almost all the ladies donned something interesting. Yara and Logan look best to me of this bunch.

I think Tiffany is actually he odd-one-out. Her dress just looks too office-y even in that color. I wish had done something more adventurous. The sandals are cute on their own tho.

10. Guest February 24, 2020 at 9:10 pm #

I liked Tiffany’s look. With her previous stylist, her clothes always kind of looked a bit cheap. Her game has definitely been elevated since hiring Law. I think it’s great Law and Tiffany are supporting Jason’s line.

Chloe carried her white suit very well. I would like Storm’s Browne more if she removed the hem thing and wore bomb iridescent shoes.

Gucci dresses are fun but at this point a festive Gucci mini is as commonplace as a 1960s Miu Miu mini was from 2011-2016. Gucci dresses don’t really stand out anymore.

11. Phee phee February 24, 2020 at 9:07 pm #

I like Logans look the best. Even with the gloves!
    Its very pretty.
    Storms dress is just awful. It was fine waist up….but wow thats overall just ugly.
    Yaras dress is lovely but I dont like the shoes.
    Tiffanys dress is also nice but the sandal straps are not right for this length dress.
    Jasmine looks good as usual. but the lining is not the best.