Menu

February 3, 2020

2020 BAFTAs Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Here is a roundup from the handsome gents who took to the red carpet on Sunday (February 2) for the 2020 BATFTAs in London.

Andrew Scott:  The ‘Fleabag’ actor is proving to be the best dressed gent of awards season. He’s never afraid of colour or textures, and he manages to keep things interesting despite still maintaining a classic look, like he did in this Paul Smith tux with a luxe evergreen velvet blazer.

Micheal Ward: The ‘Top Boy’ actor, and his mum, made me cry when he collected his much deserved ‘Rising Star’ award.  At first I thought this Gucci suit was a little too big, but I realised that I’m become so used to the slim-fit suit trend.

John Boyega: For some reason he didn’t stop for the Getty photographers, but they captured the London-born ‘Star Wars’ actor at the after-party, where he was looking sharp in his Dolce & Gabbana floral jacquard suit, which as you can see, didn’t need a bow tie.

Joe Alwyn: I was trying to find one thing interesting to point out about this Dior Men Fall 2020 suit, when I discovered that the blazer only has one black lapel.

Taron Egerton:  The actor has made Armani his go-to throughout awards season, and it’s proving to be a beautiful relationship.

Daniel Kaluuya:  The actor kept things simple with a touch of flare in Louis Vuitton.

Jack Lowden:  I really love this midnight blue offering from Armani. The super wide lapels gave this look a retro vibe which I’m really buying into.  The mix of fabrics has me mesmerized to.

Andy Serkis:  I don’t know how I feel about this.  I want to applaud the uniqueness of the design, but I’m distracted by the poor fit.

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Lopez Wore Custom Atelier Versace For Her Super Bowl LIV Performance

Jennifer Lopez Wore Custom Atelier Versace For Her Super Bowl LIV Performance

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2020 BAFTAs?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2020 BAFTAs?

9 Responses to 2020 BAFTAs Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

1. Marijana Kostovic February 5, 2020 at 8:36 am #

Andy Serkis a big NO,he cannot carry that off and the fit is bad, Andrew and Joe a big YES?

2. _Hannah_ February 4, 2020 at 12:25 pm #

Andrew Scott ? This green hue is amazing! Perfect representation of the Emerald Island.
    I also really like Taron’s look (love the velvet) and John’s – the colour and texture are great.

3. Guest February 4, 2020 at 12:21 pm #

Micheal Ward for me. Perfect classic suit.

4. Guest February 4, 2020 at 9:49 am #

Red suits are really having a moment in menswear. Shame it’s by Dolce and Gabbana but John looks good. Michael looks dapper in his Gucci suit. I like the green velvet jacket, I would have been interested to see the pants in matching colour.
    The fit of Taron’s trousers is rather poor.

5. Sharon M February 4, 2020 at 4:32 am #

Andrew Scott looks SO much better than he did in that strange pinkish suit.

6. Phee phee February 3, 2020 at 11:47 pm #

Most are really good. can’t complain. Andys is just too baggy sadly.
    Johns is my fave look. I like th patterned suit. Andrew looks cool as ever too.

7. Guest February 3, 2020 at 11:20 pm #

Andrew and John in the red suit are the best.

Taron’s pants are too baggy.

8. Guest February 3, 2020 at 10:12 pm #

Some nice looks here – Andrew, John…and I also believe that some of the better looks from this event are missing – Asa Butterfield was quite superb, and Alex Wolff was noteworthy for his beautiful Joshua Kane suit.

9. Guest February 3, 2020 at 10:03 pm #

Why oh why can’t a designer FIT Daniel Kaluuya’s body type?