Menu

January 23, 2020 Runway To Instagram

Deepika Padukone Wore Alex Perry To The World Economic Forum

Deepika Padukone Wore Alex Perry To The World Economic Forum

Deepika Padukone was honoured for her contribution in the field of mental health at the World Economic Forum on Monday (January 20) in  in Cologny-Geneva, Switzerland.

In receiving the Crystal Award, the actress gave a powerful speech at the event, opening up on her battle with depression and anxiety. She talked about how her own struggle encouraged her to work towards spreading awareness on mental health. She is the founder of Live Love Laugh foundation that helps people suffering from depression.

I know a lot of you aren’t fans of these editorial style pictures, but since a. I have had a lot of requests to feature this, b. there was no red carpet, and c.  she looks so damn gorgeous, I decided to feature.

The slim-fitting silhouette of her Alex Perry Spring 2020 gown is  beautifully articulated with padded shoulders – creating a tailored look that’s countered by the long cape-style train.

This style of dress is oozing plenty of old Hollywood glamour, yet is truly a modern affair.

I adore the earrings, smokey eyes and lacquered and loose hair.

If only we had a red carpet picture, this would’ve been BDOTW worthy.

Alex Perry Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.au & Instagram

, , , , ,

Lupita Nyong'o Wore Dolce & Gabbana To The Santa Barbara International Film Festival - Montecito Award

Lupita Nyong’o Wore Dolce & Gabbana To The Santa Barbara International Film Festival – Montecito Award

Gwyneth Paltrow Wore G. Label To The goop lab Special Screening

Gwyneth Paltrow Wore G. Label To The goop lab Special Screening

22 Responses to Deepika Padukone Wore Alex Perry To The World Economic Forum

1. Noor January 28, 2020 at 9:43 am #

She often overdress, but it’s her choice. Last time black Alex Perry dress is too similar to this one but I like her hair style in here. She brings me joy when I see her in colors.

2. Guest January 25, 2020 at 4:48 pm #

Bombshell alert! The cape is very Queen Maxima and it would probably have been more appropriate for an enthronement, but hey, I’ll take it. It’s been a bit of poor year so far.

3. Guest January 24, 2020 at 1:45 pm #

Overdressed or not, she looks freaking amazing! BDOTW

4. Phee phee January 24, 2020 at 12:45 pm #

Ive seen full length pics from the podium and she looks just as regal and majestic.
    The pics here honestly look the same to me as the ‘real’ ones…I checked lol
    So this is a huge win in my book!
    I LOVE this regal look. Its beyond fabulous.
    The color, the fit, the design. those earrings! ugh divine.
    It a best dressed for sure.

5. Guest January 24, 2020 at 9:07 am #

She’s so fully committed that I’m completely on board

6. Guest January 24, 2020 at 2:07 am #

That purple ??

7. Guest January 24, 2020 at 12:01 am #

So regal and stunning. I don’t care if she’s overdressed; these photos are totally worth the effort.

8. Guest January 23, 2020 at 10:31 pm #

The World Economic Forum you say. Hmmmm….not what I would have pictured the dress code to be but hey she is a true beauty and looked stunning.

9. Guest January 23, 2020 at 10:29 pm #

I’d love to see this reworn, especially by Deepika herself and maybe even with same styling, for a more appropriate formal dress level occasion.

10. alvarospain January 23, 2020 at 8:35 pm #

Wow! ??

11. Guest January 23, 2020 at 8:06 pm #

see this is how she should dress at Cannes. not those silly dresses she wore

12. Paola102 January 23, 2020 at 4:48 pm #

Beautiful colour, lovely dress and nicely styled. A tad overdressed? who cares!

13. Guest January 23, 2020 at 3:57 pm #

I have not looked so I have to take others’ word for it that she was overdressed. Generally, I prefer overdressed to underdressed so I’m all good with this. She looks fantastic here. Given that she received an award for her work in the field of mental health and apparently discussed her own struggles, far be from me to question her choice and what she might want to wear. You never know what a person needs to wear to be ready to go out and face the world.

14. Guest January 23, 2020 at 3:42 pm #

A gown to an event called the world economic forum?

15. KseniaBradner January 23, 2020 at 2:45 pm #

FC can you keep an eye out in the future to see if full photos get released? Because this is stunning.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 24, 2020 at 6:29 pm #

I will

16. juiho January 23, 2020 at 1:05 pm #

I mean come on? That light play shadow, that femme fatale come hithering stare posture, the liquid gloved sculpted gown in that lush royal purple, and the Hollywood glamour coiffed curls…. how can we refused?….My only query…This is at Davos World Economic Forum?

17. Catarina_M January 23, 2020 at 12:03 pm #

She looks stunning, not so sure if event appropriate, but still, perfect.

18. Guest January 23, 2020 at 11:52 am #

I would still keep this one in mind for BDOTW

19. Guest January 23, 2020 at 11:34 am #

I’ve seen pictures from the event (including Cate Blanchett) and I think she was overdressed. She looks good…but it’s the World Economic Forum. This seems waayy too much.

• Guest January 23, 2020 at 11:53 am #

Exactly! She needs to take note from Angelina Jolie on how to dress at events like that. Looks like she is going to the Oscars. That being said, she looks fantastic but like most of the time, extremely overdressed! It kinda makes her message sound phony or worse inexistant!

• Guest January 23, 2020 at 12:19 pm #

You’re right! I thought of Angelina Jolie too!