Menu

January 20, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Madeline Brewer In Monique Lhuillier – 2020 SAG Awards

Posted by Emily Cieslak
Madeline Brewer In Monique Lhuillier - 2020 SAG Awards

Madeline Brewer grace the red carpet at the 2020 Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday (January 19) in Los Angeles.

Two years ago at the same awards show, Madeline charmed us with a nude dress with delicate pearl details.

But in this new decade, the actress delivered a bold color in her strapless turquoise gown from Monique Lhuillier Spring 2020.

Was this a too ‘Little Mermaid’ for you?

Maybe it’s the combination of the dress with Madeline’s long scarlet hair.

Or maybe it’s how the strapless neckline and full skirt are giving me prom flashbacks. But there is something about this look that seems too twee for the ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ and ‘Hustlers’ actress.

Don’t get me wrong—the dress looks amazing on her figure.

But this is one of those instances where I’m unsure if the bright blue was the right choice.

Monique Lhuillier Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Gwendoline Christie In Rick Owens - 2020 SAG Awards

Gwendoline Christie In Rick Owens – 2020 SAG Awards

Andrew Scott In Azzaro Couture - 2020 SAG Awards

Andrew Scott In Azzaro Couture – 2020 SAG Awards

15 Responses to Madeline Brewer In Monique Lhuillier – 2020 SAG Awards

1. Vizual Ninja January 20, 2020 at 3:18 pm #

Love the colour with her hair but this silhouette with that colour is very Disney princess.

2. Catarina_M January 20, 2020 at 9:16 am #

I like it from the neck down, the dress has an amazing colour. But, that being said, it should have been green.
    Don’t like the makeup or the hair.

3. Guest January 20, 2020 at 8:06 am #

I don’t mind the dress per se. In fact, I think it is a lovely silhouette on her, but the shade of blue clashes with her red hair. And that lip color has to go!

4. Guest January 20, 2020 at 5:52 am #

This colour indeed would have been a right had she bothered with some accessories! Its like she she was late for the show and left her jewels at home.

5. Isabela January 20, 2020 at 5:51 am #

I love this shade of blue and how it makes the color of her eyes pop, i also love the color of her hair against her skin and dress. I don’t think the lipstick is working here. I agree that it is a little twee for her though.

6. Guest January 20, 2020 at 3:13 am #

My first thought: Is she going to the prom afterwards?

7. Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:26 am #

The bottom layer was too long. I wonder if she would’ve done a low chignon with a just simple diamonds and a light shiny lip, it would’ve taken that “twee” thing away. Although I also think that the head doesn’t not match the outfit. There’s a disconnect with the look.

• Guest January 20, 2020 at 8:03 am #

Yes, you hit the nail right on the head!

8. Phee phee January 20, 2020 at 2:11 am #

The dress is pretty but the lipstick is not.
    Neck up does not match the vibe of the dress at all.
    Her beauty look says edgy but her dress reads really cute and prom.
    Its a contrast that is just not working.

• Paola102 January 20, 2020 at 2:44 pm #

Was thinking the same. Her beauty look belongs to another red carpet!

9. Guest January 20, 2020 at 2:06 am #

Lovely color, but I agree there’s prom-y vibe here in combination with the saccharine design, and something needed to be done with the hair – it looks too casual and undone.

10. JasLinds January 20, 2020 at 1:34 am #

Love the colour on her, but a little too prom for me.

11. Guest January 20, 2020 at 1:32 am #

I agree this would be even better with some jewellery. It’s still my favourite of the night though. The blue color looked amazing on TV with her red hair.

12. KseniaBradner January 20, 2020 at 1:29 am #

Monique Lhuillier is her level so I get her wearing this designer, however this gown needed gorgeous contrasting jewels to add interest.

13. Guest January 20, 2020 at 1:25 am #

Very bubble gum
    Very saccharine
    Very sweet, infact too sweet for my liking.

It’s just there. I don’t hate it neither do I love it.