Menu

January 12, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Before tonight’s 2020 Critics’ Choice Awards, Jennifer Lopez graced the red carpet for the 2020 Los Angeles Critics Association (LAFCA) Awards ceremony held at InterContinental Century City on Saturday (January 11) in Los Angeles, California.

What a difference six days make.

Jennifer was serving up laidback, effortless glamour in wearing a pale blue, silk chiffon dress from the Elie Saab Spring 2020 collection, which is in stark contrast to her over-the-top Haute Couture look for the 2020 Golden Globe Awards.

Was this change of pace in reaction to the dislike of her previous look, or did she just tone things down to suit this less extravagant occasion?

Either way I love the romantic vibe this look is giving me, and the classical elegance she is portraying.

Jimmy Choo’s Clemmie’ clutch and Le Vian jewelry completed her look.

Elie Saab Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Sophia Bush's MSGM Black Crystal-Embellished Oversized Blazer

Sophia Bush’s MSGM Black Crystal-Embellished Oversized Blazer

Carmel Laniado Wore Giambattista Valli To The 'Dolittle' LA Premiere

Carmel Laniado Wore Giambattista Valli To The ‘Dolittle’ LA Premiere

18 Responses to Jennifer Lopez Wore Elie Saab To The 2020 Los Angeles Critics Association Awards

1. Noor January 14, 2020 at 3:04 am #

I see it better on model. It’s dramatic, flawless and not boring. On Jenny it’s dated. Also dull.

2. Paola102 January 13, 2020 at 8:54 pm #

It looks really good on the model. Did JLo made any modifications? it seems less flowy on her. Nevertheless, the colour is beautiful. Don’t like her hair at all though.

3. KseniaBradner January 13, 2020 at 2:53 pm #

Hair and makeup look cheap. And outfit is passable. Next.

4. Guest January 13, 2020 at 11:04 am #

Horrible makeup. Totally dimmed the charm of the dress.

5. Guest January 13, 2020 at 9:37 am #

I like this dress. The colour and the draping really softens the look. The makeup on the other hand is not on par. Still a solid offering from Jlo

6. Catarina_M January 13, 2020 at 9:30 am #

I like this, neck down. The hair is dated and the make up is just bad.

7. Phee phee January 13, 2020 at 4:39 am #

She looks great in that dress. its a lovely color for her.
    This suits her far better than her previous looks.
    I like the makeup but the hair looks wet or greasy and thats bugging me.

8. Guest January 13, 2020 at 12:37 am #

She needs to soften her make up, it looks awful. Almost everything she wears looks tacky, this is not exception.

9. lmkw January 13, 2020 at 12:23 am #

Beautiful color on her. Agree with others that the makeup is a miss. If she wanted drama around her face she should have rocked that turban.

10. Guest January 12, 2020 at 11:06 pm #

I cannot look past her awful make up.

11. Guest January 12, 2020 at 9:32 pm #

I really like this dress on the model. On Jennifer, it is a bit too open in the chest but it is good color on her. Hair and makeup are not good and really detract from the look.

• Guest January 12, 2020 at 9:53 pm #

a bit too open in the chest – that would be my complaint as well, otherwise I like this look for Jennifer.

12. Guest January 12, 2020 at 8:55 pm #

She really need to have a sit down with her make up artist .. her make up looks are not really good it’s ‘caked’ if it makes any sense.

But I like the dress it’s nice

13. Guest January 12, 2020 at 8:36 pm #

Jennifer doesnt know who she is this award season . It’s like She has lost her sense of style
    The pressure must be getting to her.

She didnt post any full pictures of her golden globes gown on her Instagram, only pictures from the shoulder up.

It’s like she doesnt know if she should give us sexy bomb shell or old Hollywood or urban Jenny from the block.

14. Vizual Ninja January 12, 2020 at 8:34 pm #

This colour and soft glam feel really suits her. I don’t like the hair or makeup here but still a win for JLo.

15. Guest January 12, 2020 at 8:27 pm #

I love colour on her and softens the low cut. The dress is JLo sexy glam but toned down for the event. A turban would have given drama, but this hair is cooler, it looks inspired by her new Versace campaign. Aren’t Coach a bit annoyed? I’m annoyed BAFTA snubbed her, I wonder if she’ll still attend.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 12, 2020 at 8:50 pm #

It’s unlikely she will attend if she’s not nominated.

• Guest January 12, 2020 at 10:15 pm #

Regina king wasnt nominated for a bafta last year but she attended. She ended winning the oscar tho.