Menu

January 7, 2020

2020 Golden Globe Awards Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

2020 Golden Globes Menswear

Billy Porter laid down the style gauntlet with his white swan look at the 2020 Golden Globe Awards on Sunday (January 5) in Beverly Hills. But, there were a range of other menswear moments that commanded attention. Let’s take a look.

Chris Evans: This Isaia tux had such a luxe flair with its brushed velvet style and rich mahogany hue. Christian Louboutin shoes along with Omega and Montblanc accessories polished off the dapper look.

Sacha Baron Cohen: ‘The Spy’ actor and nominee is no stranger to pushing the envelope in his work. The same goes for this electric-blue Dolce & Gabbana tux styled with Christian Louboutin shoes. There would be no missing him in a sea of black tuxes.

Brad Pitt: Welcome back, Brad. We’ve missed you. The ‘Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood’ Best Actor winner is back to looking so handsome, especially in this Brioni three-piece suit with David Yurman and Fred Leighton jewelry.

Ansel Elgort: Another dapper velvet moment came courtesy of Ansel’s sharp Tom Ford midnight tuxedo with Tiffany & Co. jewelry.

Rami Malek: This Saint Laurent suit — complete with skinny tie — was laid-back and low-key, and that’s what made it cool. The ‘Mr. Robot’ nominee completed the look with Cartier jewelry.

Barry Jenkins: I really appreciate Barry changing his stripes with a different spin on formal dressing in this Thom Browne design. I just think it didn’t fit him quite right.

Joe Alwyn: While buzz was flying about his date, Taylor Swift, the British actor showed off his own classic Tom Ford tailoring.

Ben Platt: Sometimes a traditional black tux does the trick, as with this Louis Vuitton number on ‘The Politician’ nominee.

Kit Harington: I really liked the clean, minimal, and monochromatic edge of this Saint Laurent suit on the ‘Game of Thrones’ nominee. Tiffany & Co. jewelry and Jimmy Choo shoes maintained the sleek factor.

Josh O’Connor: This bespoke Loewe ensemble broke out of the standard black suit category by virtue of its more extravagant lapels and equally extravagant necktie.

Karamo Brown: Karamo played with proportion — and with embossed patterning — in this shrunken Grayscale design styled with Jimmy Choo dress shoes.

Daniel Craig: The ‘Knives Out’ nominee went the way of a traditional, double-breasted Anderson & Sheppard black tux paired with Omega jewelry, as we might expect from 007.

Joanna Tucker & Adam Driver: Both donning Burberry looks, Adam let his wife, Joanna, take top billing with her bold, magenta gown while he kept it classic with something that matches anything: a black tux and bow tie.

Joe Manganiello: While we covered Sofia’s Dolce & Gabbana dress in our roundup post, her handsome other half was also in an elegant Dolce & Gabbana three-piece tuxedo. Yay or nay on the beard?

Lilakoi Moon (Lisa Bonet) & Jason Momoa: Lilakoi’s Fendi gown with sheer tulle overlay was right in keeping with her bohemian-romantic style side. Her look was styled with Fernando Jorge earrings with Andrea Fohrman and Eriness rings. And, Jason’s look had a free-spirited edge, too, with his emerald Tom Ford blazer — worn tie-less and with a pendant, instead — and paired with Valentino tuxedo pants, Christian Louboutin shoes, and Cartier jewelry.

Kieran Culkin: The ‘Succession’ nominee attended the Globes with wife Jazz Charton. His switched up his Dior Men double-breasted tuxedo with a white bow tie instead of the more expected black version with a Chopard timepiece to finish it off.

Nick Jonas: Priyanka stole the show here with her feminine-glam gown — and that’s okay because I found Nick’s satin Prada suit to be just a little too buttoned up, literally.

Wesley Snipes: With the maroon colour and ruffled shirt in this look, was anyone else getting a retro prom vibe?

Credit: Getty

, , ,

2020 Golden Globe Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2020 Golden Globe Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Meryl Streep In Christian Dior Haute Couture - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Meryl Streep In Christian Dior Haute Couture – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

19 Responses to 2020 Golden Globe Awards Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

1. Guest January 9, 2020 at 7:07 pm #

I chose Chris Evans here, but I’d also like to give a shout-out to Tom Hanks (not featured) . His classic black look was marvelous – the velvet jacket, the two-toned shoes, the coordinating black buttons on the shirt, and those glasses…very handsome, and elegant, and well executed with attention to detail. He was my fave among classic black.

2. Guest January 9, 2020 at 11:18 am #

Joe Manganiello is looking dapper in Dolce & Gabbana!

3. Guest January 8, 2020 at 10:15 pm #

Brad Pitt, Kit Harington, Joe Alwyn, Rami Malek are my favorite ones.

Brad Pitt… wow

4. Isabela January 8, 2020 at 1:59 am #

I don’t know how to explain this, but the color of Sacha’s suit is hurting my eyes.
    I like Ansel’s suit, but his hair is annoying me.
    Kit is my favorite of the men wearing classic suits and Chris Evans is my favorite overall.

5. Guest January 7, 2020 at 10:07 pm #

I’m suprised to not see taron egerton and elton john in this post.

6. Guest January 7, 2020 at 6:16 pm #

Chris Evans. For comic effect, Wesley Snipes.

7. Guest January 7, 2020 at 2:49 pm #

Chris Evans.

8. Originalmeme January 7, 2020 at 2:20 pm #

Brad and Joe Alwyn. Jonas looks ridiculous, as usual.

9. _Hannah_ January 7, 2020 at 1:16 pm #

From the “classic bunch” – Brad and Kit win for me. And I do love Jason Momoa’s style and coolness so he’s also on the podium.
    Nick’s suits almost always look like they about to explode in a second… Bit looser fit will be better in my opinion.

10. Guest January 7, 2020 at 11:30 am #

Chris, Kit and Joe for me.

Nick looked ridiculous as always…

11. Guest January 7, 2020 at 10:56 am #

I like Chris and Ansel. Barry’s look would’ve been nice if his sleeves weren’t so short. Joe had the best of the “classic” black and white suits.

12. Catarina_M January 7, 2020 at 9:24 am #

Brad and Rami for me.

Nick needs a new stylist ASAP: those bright socks, those shoes, that “tie”, the constriction of the jacket, everything is really bad.

13. Guest January 7, 2020 at 8:46 am #

Chris probably my favourite here. I think a white instead of the blue would have been better for Sacha’s suit. Karamo’s suit is nice but I wish he had either gone sans socks and worn black loafers or the pants were and inch or two longer. I wasn’t a fan of the vest Jason displayed inside. Joe should to trim his beard.

14. Guest January 7, 2020 at 7:11 am #

My favourites are easily Chris and Ansel. Their looks fit so well but aren’t as dull as a classic tux.
    Also, Jason is wearing a tank top in place of a shirt – he took the jacket off at the show.

I also just wanted to say a massive thanks for all your amazing coverage FC, and good luck for the rest of Awards Season!

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 7, 2020 at 10:48 am #

Thank you. Sunday night was a lot of fun. Going to post the after party looks today

15. Los_NGLS January 7, 2020 at 4:08 am #

I want to like Sacha’s blue, but something is preventing me, and I don’t know what it is.

I think Brad is the best of the classically dressed men, and Barry and Jason M. (that dark green velvet is TO DIE FOR) are the best of the more daringly dressed. I do wish Jason M. would’ve tamed the hair and/or beard a bit, I think he has more than enough “manliness” in him to pull off a bit of glam, lol.

Priyanka and Nick do not appear like they were attending the same event, and I have no idea where Nick was going, lol.

16. Phee phee January 7, 2020 at 4:03 am #

Ansel with blue velvet and a butterfly brooch… gorgeous!!!

17. Vizual Ninja January 7, 2020 at 3:57 am #

Sacha, Kit, Joe and Karamo, though I wish his pants were about two inches longer. The men are a snooze as usual.

18. Kat January 7, 2020 at 3:54 am #

Brad and Kit for me (best overall), followed by Ansel (love the blue velvet, but distracted by the messy hair)