Menu

January 6, 2020

Shailene Woodley In Balmain – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Shailene Woodley In Balmain - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

‘Big Little Lies’ actress Shailene Woodley joined co-star Nicole Kidman at the 2020 Golden Globe Awards on Sunday (January 5) in Beverly Hills, CA.

She’s lately proven to walk on the more risk-taking side of fashion — and it’s working for her. And while I wouldn’t call this custom Balmain gown her most daring of all-time, it certainly had a level of flashiness that elevated it to prominence.

The sexy side slit may have pushed the envelope, but what was most enthralling was the geometric circle motif of the dress and the matching Balmain heels.

It added an artsy quality to the look.

Given the all-over sequins, I would venture to say that most of the additional BVLGARI High Jewelry weren’t exactly all that necessary.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , ,

Priyanka Chopra In Cristina Ottaviano - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Priyanka Chopra In Cristina Ottaviano – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Renee Zellweger In Armani Prive - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Renee Zellweger In Armani Prive – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

17 Responses to Shailene Woodley In Balmain – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

1. Noor January 7, 2020 at 4:14 am #

Her makeup is pretty good. Except for bangle I like everything about this look. As another risk taker I’m happy she doesn’t look desperate.

2. Guest January 6, 2020 at 4:37 pm #

I do think that the circle on her chest is too big to the point that it’s distracting, but I love the effort.

3. Guest January 6, 2020 at 2:00 pm #

Love this on her. Shailene and balmain produce some unexpected hitness. She needed different shoes and a front shot

4. Sharon M January 6, 2020 at 1:50 pm #

I don’t like it…that big black circle is awful

5. Guest January 6, 2020 at 12:11 pm #

Ever since Shailene Woodley switched stylist , she had become quite of a fashion daredevil!! Where is this kind of magnetic aura and confidence during her Divergent series promo tour? Electric blue gown with a daring slit, I’m buying everything she sells here cause she looks freakin’ amazing!! Head to toe PERFECTION, well done Queen Shailene!!

6. Guest January 6, 2020 at 11:43 am #

Still really loving her newly found attitude on the red carpet.

7. Catarina_M January 6, 2020 at 10:41 am #

This doesn’t feel efforthless on her. I hate that circle on the neckline and the silver jewelry doesn’t work with this dress.

8. Guest January 6, 2020 at 9:01 am #

The circle motif kind of bugs me. I like the dress, we’ve seen quite a few tame/blah nice outfits and it’s not veered too a try-hard like Kerry’s outfit. The shoes are my favourite part of this look, they’re very striking.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 10:44 am #

I actually like the circle here; it goes with with the sandals. I barely like her looks and I tend to find her taste questionable, but this time is a win imo.

9. Guest January 6, 2020 at 4:55 am #

More afterparty than red carpet

10. KseniaBradner January 6, 2020 at 4:45 am #

This is really good. She looked sexy and glamorous and had fun.

11. Phee phee January 6, 2020 at 3:59 am #

Love the unexpected edge and sexiness of this.
    I adore the circle motif on the dress and on those amazing shoes!
    The earrings work with this but the bracelet doesn’t. its not needed.
    Overall, fresh feeling and a win.

12. Maya_S January 6, 2020 at 3:57 am #

It looks forced on her. She has her own style and energy. She just needs to find someone that understand that and can perfect it for her. This doesn’t feel like her at all. At. All!

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 4:16 am #

13. Guest January 6, 2020 at 3:51 am #

Sexy and unexpected on her.

14. JasLinds January 6, 2020 at 3:49 am #

I like how the shoes tie in the neckline. She looks pretty great, although it doesn’t excite me.

15. Vizual Ninja January 6, 2020 at 3:47 am #

This pose is not doing her nor the dress any favours, looks quite bare. But I liked it full on when I saw it. I don’t like her shoes but it’s one of her better looks to me doubt I’ll remember this.