Menu

December 13, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Rosalía joined Taylor Swift on the red carpet for the 2019 Billboard Women In Music event on Thursday (December 12) in Los Angeles, California.

The Spanish singer is synonymous with two things: Balmain, and trousers that need hemming before hitting the red carpet.

When I saw Rosalía in this Antonio Grimaldi Fall 2019 Couture look, I was happy to see that the customized asymmetrical drape top was paired with a high waist skirt with slit detail from instead of the runway trousers.

Did she need something to accent the waist?

I don’t think the look essentially needed it, but I’m curious to see how a silver metal waist belt would’ve looked here.

Thoughts?

Antonio Grimaldi Fall 2019 Couture

Credit: Imaxtree & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Saoirse Ronan Wore Galvan To The 'Little Women' Paris Premiere

Saoirse Ronan Wore Galvan To The ‘Little Women’ Paris Premiere

Sienna Miller & Emily Blunt Attend The 'American Woman' New York Screening

Sienna Miller & Emily Blunt Attend The ‘American Woman’ New York Screening

15 Responses to Rosalía Wore Antonio Grimaldi Couture To The 2019 Billboard Women In Music Event

1. Guest December 17, 2019 at 7:54 am #

There’s something about this look that I really don’t like. The skirt doesn’t fit and her hair could be much better.

2. Guest December 15, 2019 at 10:14 am #

Honestly I saw an interview of her from that event and she looked great. Her hair always feels heavy on most looks though. However this is a step in the good direction

3. Sharon M December 14, 2019 at 12:40 pm #

Those nails! Ugh.

4. Guest December 13, 2019 at 9:38 pm #

The hair is questionable, but I really like the rest of the look. It’s interesting for her. Could have been even next level if they kept the belt.

5. Guest December 13, 2019 at 9:04 pm #

She looks like she needs a bath. Unkempt.

6. Guest December 13, 2019 at 7:14 pm #

I hate this and in other photos there’s the dreaded under boob, a trend that needs to die.

7. Guest December 13, 2019 at 4:13 pm #

Rosalia tried to pull a Sofia Carson couture moment and failed! Class and glamour is not her strength. Rosalia is lovely, unapologetic, and very very talented… She needs to embrace these qualities in the red carpet. Do you remember her Carolina Herrera polka dots look? It was perfect for her because embrace her heritage and her personality.

8. Phee phee December 13, 2019 at 4:02 pm #

I wish we could of seen this on someone else with height and presence. The styling of this is so bad. what a shame.

9. Guest December 13, 2019 at 3:34 pm #

It’s make for an interesting look but the outfit has lost the serenity and grace it had on the runway. I really don’t like long nails.

10. ? December 13, 2019 at 3:02 pm #

I really hope this look gets a rerun. I think maybe on someone taller, with a completely different styling this could be great.

anonymous as always

11. Catarina_M December 13, 2019 at 2:59 pm #

That hair and those nails…*vomit emoji*

12. KseniaBradner December 13, 2019 at 2:36 pm #

Her signature hair do is tacky with this elegant look. The runway version would be amazeballs on someone like Cate Blanchett.

13. Guest December 13, 2019 at 2:19 pm #

And before the balmains and the hems, do you remember the Giambattista Valli knock-off in Latin Grammys? As the reviewers said before me: messy and tacky, two perfects word to describe this look. I think she tried to overshadow everybody but the strategy failed. She thought: couture, white and tails Are the secret but she forgot that to look classy and sophisticated. I prefer her hip hop looks!!! At least, they are original, fresh and look more authentic on her.

14. CharlotteLG December 13, 2019 at 1:59 pm #

It doesn’t look like the same outfit than the model is wearing on the runaway.
    It looks too big on her and it looks tacky!
    The hair and the nails are so wrong with this look.

15. Guest December 13, 2019 at 1:42 pm #

The skirt looks better on Rosalia than the pants would have but even so this outfit is not very flattering on her and the overall effect is messy. She needs the belt but essentially, she needs more height for this to work. Hate the ankle strap sandal with the tattoo.