Menu

December 12, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Loewe Celebrates The Opening Of Their First New York Store

Tessa Thompson in Loewe  Loewe Celebrates The Opening Of Their First New York Store

The holiday parties are coming thick and fast with Loewe celebrating the opening of Loewe New York, with a cocktail party held at the Greene Street store on Wednesday (December 11), with plenty of celebrity guests in attendance.

Tessa Thompson: The ‘Men In Black: International’ actress is used to setting trends, but on this occasion it seems like she was taking tips from Tilda Swinton, who was the unofficial Loewe ambassador during Marrakesh Film Festival.

However, Tessa’s choice of Loewe Spring 2020 dress coat translated a lot more successfully in black.   You didn’t love those Loewe boots on Tilda, but once again, I feel like Tessa makes them work. This outing was much more successful than her previous Loewe look for the ‘Lady And A Tramp’ New York Screening back in October.

Loewe Spring 2020
Maggie Gyllenhaal in Loewe  Loewe Celebrates The Opening Of Their First New York Store

Maggie Gyllenhaal:  If there was anyone who was perfectly suited to the Jonathan Anderson’s Loewe Spring 2020 collection, it’s Maggie Gyllenhaal.  This tan coat and tapered trouser combo is deeply rooted in true Spanish craftsmanship, yet this New Yorker makes it her own with effortless styling.

Loewe Spring 2020
Kaia Gerber in Loewe  Loewe Celebrates The Opening Of Their First New York Store

Kaia Gerber:  The young model wore a Loewe look from the Fall 2019 collection.  While I’m all for lining sheer runway looks, in this instance I prefer the runway look which was layered with tights.  Perhaps Kaia’s lining reached the bottom panel I could’ve got on board with this look.  But the delicacy of the lace would be lost.

Loewe Fall 2019
Loewe Celebrates The Opening Of Their First New York Store

Amber Valetta: I wanted to say this look was all about the asymmetric blazer, but those fringe trousers are pretty awesome too.  I would’ve loved a more colourful bag with this outfit to make it a true statement look.

Chloe Sevigny:  I know it is lightly snowing in New York, but I’m low-key disappointed that Chloe didn’t reveal what’s under her coat.  However, the accessories, especially those shoes, will allow me to forgive and forget.

Lucy Boynton:  Loewe presented a lot of layer for Spring 2020, so I’m assuming that is where Lucy’s white dress hails from.  Like Chloe, the accessories are really doing the talking here.  I’m confident that the red boots won’t go down too well, but I like how they complement the lip.

Credit: Vogue.com & BFA

, , , , , , , , , ,

Selena Gomez's MANGO Belted Faux Fur Coat

Selena Gomez’s MANGO Belted Faux Fur Coat

Taylor Swift Wore Oscar de la Renta To The 2019 Billboard Women In Music Event

Taylor Swift Wore Oscar de la Renta To The 2019 Billboard Women In Music Event

7 Responses to Loewe Celebrates The Opening Of Their First New York Store

1. Guest December 17, 2019 at 8:02 am #

Tessa rocks her look! I hated Tilda’s looks but I am totally enamored by Tessa. I really don’t like Kaia’s look. The lining and the random bag ruined it for me.

2. Phee phee December 13, 2019 at 2:59 pm #

Tessa looks awful. No-one will ever get me to like these shapeless outfits. She is gonna trip over the silly ties. The boots are horrendous.
    Maggie looks good up until the shoes. She looks like she’s wearing her dads shoes. Wayyy too big-looking.
    I actually like Kaias look. She looks stunning. I dont mind the length of the lining. Its tastefully done.
    I really loves everyones bags mostly. I think almost everyone has the wrong choice of bag for their outfit…..but the bags are beautiful.

3. ? December 13, 2019 at 2:56 pm #

Maggie Gyllenhaal looks cool and stylish as always! She is my favourite here.

anonymous as alaways

4. Los_NGLS December 13, 2019 at 2:55 pm #

Love Tessa’s look (except the bag!), but most of all, love how Tessa commits to her looks and sells them, no matter the look or occasion!

5. Catarina_M December 13, 2019 at 9:12 am #

Tessa’s and Kaya’s looks are horrific.
    The others are a little less awful. I only like Maggie’s.

6. Guest December 13, 2019 at 2:21 am #

Kaia’s partial lining works for me. It’s keeps enough of the lightness but stop it being an exposed underwear affair.
    Tessa’s Loewe suit will be in my WDOTY but this outfit here isn’t good either.
    I like the solid coloured bags we see being held and in the background more than the outfits accompanying them in the shots.

7. KseniaBradner December 12, 2019 at 11:09 pm #

I don’t mind Tessa’s look, but the shoes are ugly and must be composted asap.

Maggie, Chloe, Tessa and maybe Amber are the only real Loewe girls here. Maggie’s is the most effortless. I can see her wearing this look at any time, anywhere. And her hair is a perfect, fresh take on a bob omg, and perfect for this look.

Kaia Gerber is NOT a Loewe girl, why is she there beyond being Model of the Moment (Nepotism)?

I don’t buy Lucy Boyton as a Loewe girl either, she’s not weird enough, though she carries her look nicely. Lucy in Loewe reminds me of how Gucci sometimes wishes it was Loewe.