Menu

December 10, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Awkwafina Wore Valentino To The ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ LA Premiere

Awkwafina Wore Valentino To The ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ LA Premiere

Awkwafina joined Karen Gillan on the red carpet for the ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ premiere in Hollywood, California on Monday (December 9).

The actress maybe considered very moody, but her red carpet look was anything but.

This Valentino printed jumpsuit was full of the joys of spring – 2020 to be exact.

From the pretty colour, to the vibrant print, you almost forget about her “I didn’t want to be here” expression.

Valentino Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Julia Fox's Giuseppe Zanotti 'Mandy' Alligator Print Pumps

Julia Fox’s Giuseppe Zanotti ‘Mandy’ Alligator Print Pumps

Gal Gadot, Gorgeous In Two Givenchy Looks For CCXP19 Sao Paulo

Gal Gadot, Gorgeous In Two Givenchy Looks For CCXP19 Sao Paulo

20 Responses to Awkwafina Wore Valentino To The ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ LA Premiere

1. Los_NGLS December 11, 2019 at 3:26 pm #

Her hair and makeup are great and the dress (though maybe not the best choice for a red carpet premiere) is nice enough… but goodness, if she could just find it in herself to stand up straight and pretend she enjoyed her job :-/

2. Guest December 11, 2019 at 12:07 pm #

Hmmm. I ended up looking for other pics of this. At first I wasn’t sure but it is growing on me. Love the vibrant colors on her and I like that this is a jumpsuit.

3. Phee phee December 11, 2019 at 5:00 am #

Its frumpy. Its not a great dress on the runway or off. Even with the color, its so shapeless and blah.

4. Guest December 11, 2019 at 3:05 am #

A sweet gown and I feel a lovely match for her but she deserves a better make-up artist.

5. JasLinds December 11, 2019 at 1:24 am #

I like the colour and vibrancy, but it looks frumpy combined with the meh hair. I hope she steps it up for the awards season!

6. Guest December 11, 2019 at 12:48 am #

She does not have presence or the posture for this dress. It’s a nice try but a total disconnect on her.

• Guest December 11, 2019 at 10:33 pm #

I’d like to see Sarah Paulson, Mindy Kaling or Danai Gauri in this.

• Guest December 12, 2019 at 1:24 am #

OMG, Sarah and Danai would kill in this.

7. Guest December 11, 2019 at 12:23 am #

Her outfits rarely match her persona and sometimes come as a bit mumsy or meek but I really like this out. I love the colour and print features. I thought this was a dress until I read the text. I wish her posture was upright and that her hair was back.

8. Guest December 10, 2019 at 11:49 pm #

Beautiful colour
    She looks great

9. KseniaBradner December 10, 2019 at 11:30 pm #

Awkwafina FINALLY in an A-List designer as she deserves! Lovely gown on a lovely beauty. I love her hair and makeup, the styling is great. Love this look but I wish her style matched her personality. Her subdued style always makes it seem like she’s apologizing for being there.

• Guest December 10, 2019 at 11:50 pm #

She’s a comedic actress who wants to be taken seriously.
      How do u want her to dress, comically?

• KseniaBradner December 11, 2019 at 12:01 am #

No, but her style doesn’t make her stand out. You can dress “seriously” and make your presence known. Style plays a part in raising your profile in the industry, as Zoe Saldana’s Avatar promo tour in 2009 did for her. Awkwafina needs to step it up because she dresses like she wants to hide.

• Guest December 11, 2019 at 12:33 am #

Exactly. She always looks like she’s uncomfortable.

• KseniaBradner December 11, 2019 at 12:48 am #

I’m just saying, dress like you’re declaring that you DESERVE to be there, because Awkwafina absolutely deserves to be there. No more Reem Acra, J. Mendel, Monique Lhuillier and Elisabetta Franchi and Mimi Plange.

• Guest December 11, 2019 at 4:18 am #

So what if she doesnt like fashion

When ur talented u dont need to rely on fashion like zoe Saldana.

Akwafina is confident. Her posture is a little hunched. she wore a show stopping gown to the premiere of crazy rich Asians.

Ur statement is so inappropriate as hell.

• KseniaBradner December 11, 2019 at 4:30 am #

Saying that an actress, especially a woman of color, only needs to rely on talent to boost her career is incredibly naive. Also, Zoe Saldana is talented (you can see it even in a deep cut, like Center Stage), she’s just been in unremarkable, franchise or flat-out bad movies. The issue is her management, taste, and lack of privilege, not her talent.

And please never respond to my comments if you think a Reem Acra design is show-stopping.

• Guest December 11, 2019 at 5:57 am #

If u think zoe Saldana is talented then ur dumb as rocks.
      I knew u were going to play that “woman of colour ish” but I’m black also. So miss me with that bullshìt. “Here comes the, ur not black ”
      I can bet, ur white.

Awkafina looks great. Too bad u lack great sense of fashion. And that reem acra gown she wore at the crazy rich asain premiere was a show stopper.
      its not my fault U lack taste and class.
      I said what I said.
      If u dont like my opinion, I am in my house, come and beat me.

• KseniaBradner December 11, 2019 at 1:54 pm #

And I lack class?

• Guest December 11, 2019 at 2:56 pm #

Of cause u lack class, look at ur self in the mirror . ?