Menu

December 5, 2019

Front Row @ Dior Men Fall 2020

Front Row @ Dior Men Fall 2020

The Dior Men’s Fall 2020 runway show took place on Tuesday (December 3) in Miami, Florida with a host of celebrities in attendance.

Hero Fiennes-Tiffin: The young actor is no stranger to Dior Men having worn the label during his ‘After’ promo tour.  What stands out most within this grey look is his Dior ‘Saddle’ bag. The bag made its first appearance at the women’s Spring 2000 ready-to-wear show and quickly became a cult, must-have item.  Kim Jones, creative director of Dior menswear, re-birthed the piece, creating a more masculine version for his debut Spring 2019 collection.

Kim Kardashian:  As we know, Kim loves snake-skin, so we’re not surprised she wore four different colourways within this look, with her Skims bodysuit.  This isn’t the first time she has worn these 1017 ALYX 9SM leather snakeskin print trousers. You may remember she wore a similar look with the same YEEZY python mid calf boots back in March. For me, the bag just doesn’t go.  I love that she was bold with the look, but a Lady Dior bag would’ve been my preferred choice here.

David Beckham: Opting not to get in on the ‘Saddle’ bag vibe, the former soccer star opted to wear the Dior Men signature single-button ‘Tailleur Oblique’ suit in grey satin.  We’ve seen many versions of this suit, but not in this fabric.  Patrick Stewart’s silk version was deemed Best Dressed recently, does Beckham’s look hold the same affection?

Front Row @ Dior Men Fall 2020

Nina Dobrev:  When I think of a denim boiler suit, I don’t think of Dior, but this look hails from the women’s ready-to-wear collection, which Nina styled with a Dior ‘Oblique Saddle’ clutch.

Gwendoline Christie: The actress styled her Dior Men by Kim Jones look with a Dior x RIMOWA clutch.

Winnie Harlow: Are boiler suits making a comeback?  I would see myself in this pink Dior Men by Kim Jones look rather than Nina’s denim version.

Credit: Getty/Dior

L’Oréal Paris Women Of Worth Awards

L’Oréal Paris Women Of Worth Awards

Cate Blanchett's MANGO Corduroy Structured Blazer

Cate Blanchett’s MANGO Corduroy Structured Blazer

17 Responses to Front Row @ Dior Men Fall 2020

1. Guest December 7, 2019 at 12:33 am #

David’s suit is terrible! The sheen and the creases completely ruin this for me.

2. KseniaBradner December 6, 2019 at 2:52 pm #

You have Queen Gwendoline and THIS is the Fendi look you find for her??? Heresy!

3. Sharon M December 6, 2019 at 12:36 pm #

I think Nina looks terrible. Sorry…that could be any poorly-fitted denim outfit, hardly designer. And messy hair. No.

4. Guest December 6, 2019 at 1:34 am #

Mediocre front row, for sure. I had high hopes for Hero but that mismatched set of grays is not working for me. I agree with Phee phee about the bag. Kim looks ridiculous between the overdone fake tan/bronzer and four snakeskin tones. I have a strong dislike of snakeskin and this look is like a nightmare. Everyone else is meh. And no, just no to indoor sunglasses.

5. Guest December 6, 2019 at 1:05 am #

I’m not a fan of any of these looks. Look like knockoff clothing than real Dior.

6. Guest December 6, 2019 at 12:45 am #

So happy to see Kim try something different other that her tight dresses…she actually looks even more beautiful here. You’re right tho…the bag! Not good

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 6, 2019 at 7:43 am #

Yes. Something new from Kim should be appreciated.

7. ? December 5, 2019 at 11:05 pm #

I actually really like Nina Dobrev here. It’s a relaxed, cool look. And she is smiling!!!

anonymous as always

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 6, 2019 at 7:43 am #

It does suit her. Just prefer Winnie’s

8. Phee phee December 5, 2019 at 10:27 pm #

the saddle bag is hideous. lets start there.
    Patricks version was better than Davids version.
    KK is wearing too many snakeskin stuff. but glad she’s wearing stuff.
    I love Nina, always will. but she needs a better stylist.
    Gwens sunglasses, cool.
    Hate Winnie, always will. Nina should have this suit instead.

• ? December 5, 2019 at 10:52 pm #

“but glad she’s wearing stuff” ???

• Guest December 5, 2019 at 11:59 pm #

Just curious, why do you hate Winnie?

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 6, 2019 at 7:45 am #

It might be due to her attitude on America’s Next Top Model. Or her comments that ANTM had nothing to do with her becoming a model

• Guest December 6, 2019 at 11:05 am #

Really hated to admit it but I used to follow ANTM too. I remembered she’d been a bit famous on IG before discovered by Tyra Banks, so her success has little do to with ANTM I think.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 9, 2019 at 11:13 pm #