Menu

November 20, 2019 Premiere

Olivia Colman Wore Prada To The Season 3 London & LA Premiere Of ‘The Crown’

Posted by Catherine Kallon

The highly anticipated new series of ‘The Crown’ has arrived, with the Netflix drama follows on directly from the second series, picking up in the mid-1960s, but features an entirely rebooted central cast, led by Oscar-winning Olivia Colman as Queen Elizabeth II.

I was kinda expecting not to like this new cast of characters, having grown so fond of Claire Foy and Matt Smith, but they have made a seamless transition.

London World Premiere:   The British actress’ style on Oscar night and the Vanity Fair Party left a lot to be desired. But this sleek flutter sleeve design by Prada, outdoes both of those looks.  Keeping things simple works well for Olivia.  This was proven when she wore Stella McCartney to the 2019 Golden Globes. The emerald clutch was a nice touch.  I would’ve really loved some earrings to match.

AFI Fest LA Premiere:  I keep going back and forth with this Prada look.  On the one hand the beaded skirt overlay keeps things interesting and is tied into the accessories.  But on the other, was this a little too edgy for Olivia?   I’m going to have to sit and think about this one some more.

Credit: Getty

, ,

'21 Bridges' New York Screening with Chadwick Boseman & Stephan James

’21 Bridges’ New York Screening with Chadwick Boseman & Stephan James

Gwyneth Paltrow's Homely Look For The In goop Health Summit San Francisco 2019

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Homely Look For The In goop Health Summit San Francisco 2019

7 Responses to Olivia Colman Wore Prada To The Season 3 London & LA Premiere Of ‘The Crown’

1. Guest November 21, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

First look is just okay, I think she looks quite chic in the second look!

2. Catarina_M November 21, 2019 at 9:02 am #

She looks good on both looks but I prefer the second one. It’s edgier and she looks radiant.

3. Guest November 20, 2019 at 8:07 pm #

I think she likes looks lovely in the first dress. The second looks like a fishing net was throw over it.

4. Guest November 20, 2019 at 7:19 pm #

She needs a new stylist, one that isn’t overly cautious and can really dress her in interesting outfits.
    The Prada looks quite nice even if the net overlay looks slightly odd

5. Guest November 20, 2019 at 6:47 pm #

I like the second look better because it is at least mildly interesting. I can’t make out anything in the black dress that is not snooze worthy.

6. KseniaBradner November 20, 2019 at 6:33 pm #

The black Prada gown is really frumpy. The second white look is more chic. Olivia doesn’t need to dress so maturely though. She is a good fit for Dries van Noten, Valentino, Osman, and, call me crazy, custom Haider Ackermann.

7. Guest November 20, 2019 at 5:45 pm #

I think she looks really nice in both outings. The black gown is elegant and I also love the green bag. The white dress with overlay is unique (but seems uncomfortable to sit in).