Menu

November 15, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Gugu Mbatha-Raw In Rodarte - HFPA And THR Golden Globe Ambassador Party

Gugu Mbatha-Raw attended the HFPA and THR Golden Globe Ambassador party on Thursday (November 14) in West Hollywood, California.  She joined Emilia Clarke at the event.

Some might have a knee-jerk reaction to the Eighties spirit of this Rodarte Fall 2019 blue glitter heart tulle and taffeta ruched short sleeve dress.

The decade of voluminous shoulders and loud colours is very much back in vogue and this look pays tribute to its signatures without forgetting that it’s 2019.

It was a more lively and adventurous silhouette for her, but she has carried it off.

Her restrained styling should appease those who aren’t fully ready to embrace the decade of excess.

Rupert Sanderson shoes gave the ensemble more lift.

Rodarte Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , ,

Sofia Carson Serves Up Two  Giambattista Valli Haute Couture Gowns For The Latin Grammys

Sofia Carson Serves Up Two Giambattista Valli Haute Couture Gowns For The Latin Grammys

Celine Dion Celebrates Her 'Courage' Album Success In Silver Rodarte

Celine Dion Celebrates Her ‘Courage’ Album Success In Silver Rodarte

7 Responses to Gugu Mbatha-Raw Dazzles In Rodarte For The HFPA And THR Golden Globe Ambassador Party

1. Catarina_M November 16, 2019 at 5:45 pm #

The 80’s were the worst fashion decade of all time. Who knew that in almost 2020 someone wanted to emulate those times…

2. KseniaBradner November 15, 2019 at 7:12 pm #

There is a reason this silhouette died in the 80’s: it is universally unflattering, even for a size 2 actress.

3. Phee phee November 15, 2019 at 6:34 pm #

No. I cant stand the dated vibe of it. The ruffle is cheesy.
    the shoes are a really bad choice with it. they are horrid.
    The earrings also dont belong with this look. they look like they belong with a different outfit.

4. Guest November 15, 2019 at 5:38 pm #

I’m not a big 80s fan but I like that she tried something a little different for her. It’s ok-ish as is. I think I would have preferred it sans flair on the hem.
    Styling- I wish she had lost the earrings and worn a more modern mule, pump or a cooler sandal.

5. P&P November 15, 2019 at 5:18 pm #

I love her but I can’t stand these Rodarte dresses. They do nothing for the body and they always look cartoonish in a bad way.

6. Vizual Ninja November 15, 2019 at 4:43 pm #

This is a bit too retro for me.

7. Guest November 15, 2019 at 4:35 pm #

The best thing I can say about this is I’m glad she lost the gigantic bow.