Menu

November 8, 2019 Best Dressed Of The Week

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Lupita Nyong'o Goes from Prada To Danielle Frankel  For The 'Us' Screening & NAACP Dinner

Lupita Nyong’o Goes from Prada To Danielle Frankel For The ‘Us’ Screening & NAACP Dinner

Katie Holmes' Chloé Paneled Midi Dress

Katie Holmes’ Chloé Paneled Midi Dress

17 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

1. Guest November 10, 2019 at 2:53 pm #

How is Jonas on the list with that rumpled satin suit?

2. Guest November 10, 2019 at 8:20 am #

I don’t understand why people have an issue with kiki layne’s hair, a lot africans have structural hairstyles, saying it’s ugly just because you don’t understand or appreciate anything that’s not western is downright ignorant and disrespectful. If this was on the kardashians, you would be praising it to the gods. It’s a gala on art and film, and you want her to tone her hair to fit your aesthatics. I would rather she wears it like that, than a generic bland, stringy , blonde hairstyle which you seem to favour. You would think people are open minded on a fashion site, eish. y’all need an education.

• Guest November 10, 2019 at 8:32 am #

Of course you are the only educated one.

• Guest November 10, 2019 at 2:39 pm #

Yes including those who think it’s beautiful, at least you are owning your ignorance

• Guest November 10, 2019 at 2:51 pm #

If this were on a Kardashian I’d hate it even more. That cannot possibly be all her real hair and it doesn’t go with the dress. Why get so upset over a differing opinion?

• Guest November 10, 2019 at 8:04 pm #

I’m aware that it’s African style. I don’t find it ugly or sth, but I personally don’t find it go well with the outfit either. It’s just too round and big for my liking.
      It is always very tricky for people to criticise the aesthetics of a different cultural/ethnic group, but I believe different opinions also deserve to be heard as well.

• Guest November 11, 2019 at 1:41 am #

I understand your point, for instance the way you said it’s too round and big but not ugly. That’s a respectful way of putting across an opinion. But also why do black women always have to somehow fit the norms of society, our afros are too big, our head wraps are too big, distracting, dreadlocks are too long, why can’t our aesthetics be enough?

• Guest November 11, 2019 at 1:48 am #

I’m not upset with the opinion but how it’s expressed. If one said “it doesn’t go with her dress” or its “too big for her frame” then I wouldn’t have an issue with it. To call something of a culture ugly because you’ve hardly seen it worn by everyone in your society is disrespectful. it reminds me of Zendaya’s hair situation at the oscars.
      Also it’s telling how you challenge my opinions but do not call out the tone set by the other commentor on this forum. Again how can’t you see that? this why we have issues with cultural appropriation. Why should I have to explain this to people who seem to be literate and can educate themselves on this issue and when I do, you only conclude that I’m the angry black woman.
      Finally if she bought it, it’s her hair.

• Guest November 11, 2019 at 3:26 am #

I think the reason why I don’t like it is because the proportion looks odd to the gown. If you put Kiki’s hairdo here to Iman’s leopard print gown last week, it will be a huge success imo. It’s all about the proportion for me. The gown Iman wore was so voluminous and this round hairstyle would fit perfectly to it.

I’m of mixed origins, mostly east Asian but with a bit of Caucasian and tiny bit of middle Eastern, and I live in London. Being a minority where the dominant culture is ‘ western’/ ‘white’, I understand your frustration. I sometimes get strange yet stereotyping-ish responses that I find culturally inappropriate. But then again, it’s a multi-cultural society(at least where I live), different opinions, conversations, values etc. all coexist. I personally would take it lightly if people from different backgrounds disagree with me on sth.

3. Guest November 9, 2019 at 3:38 pm #

Dakota and Henry

4. Guest November 9, 2019 at 2:32 pm #
    1. KiKi Layne
    2. Dakota Johnson
  5. alvarospain November 9, 2019 at 1:06 pm #

Kiki really? That hair is ugly…

My votes went to Natalia Reyes (runner up: Evan Rachel Wood) and Nick Jonas.

• Guest November 10, 2019 at 4:17 pm #

The hair isn’t ugly, the hair is a structural Afro-American style that you obviously aren’t aware of. Maybe you should be a bit more respectful of other cultures, Alvaro.

6. Guest November 9, 2019 at 11:11 am #

Dakota and Jared. But I also love Mandy’s minimalist and chic outfit.

7. Guest November 9, 2019 at 6:22 am #

helen ang golding. Angela second. Pity kristen’s blue chanel outfit lost out.

8. Kat November 8, 2019 at 11:45 pm #

Kiki and Donald 🙂

9. Guest November 8, 2019 at 9:37 pm #

Lots of head scratchers
    Angela sarafyan? Really? In those college varsity jacket colours?

Kiki Layne’s hair is not my cup of tea. Its different but it’s a NO for me.

Brie Larson for best dressed. I love it.

Ben Platt for the guys. That turtle neck sweater is beautiful

Cynthia erivo showing the other girls what they should have did.