Menu

October 9, 2019 Premiere

Angelina Jolie joined Elle Fanning on the red carpet for the European premiere of ‘Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil’ this evening (October 9), at the Odeon IMAX Waterloo in London, in what turned out to be family night.

A commenter who goes by the name of Los_NGLS was just saying yesterday that “I think she has another surprise in store for us on this ‘tour’, I can feel it!”

And it looks like the feeling was right, as Angelina presented what just might be her most breath-taking look during this promo tour, wearing a custom Ralph & Russo Couture gown.

I know some of you are feeling like the black embellished gowns are a little bit too deja vu, but we’ve seen nothing like this layered chiffon and tulle pleated gown, featuring a gold caged bodice with majestic shoulders, embellished with silver and gold paillettes, beads and chains, and finished with Swarovski crystal spiders and a floor length draped cape on Angelina Jolie before.

I’m truly mesmerized.

(L-R) Vivienne Jolie-Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Zahara Jolie-Pitt, Shiloh Jolie-Pitt and Knox Jolie-Pitt

While her kids were all dressed in cute black outfits, her daughter Zahara stood out in her Ralph & Russo Spring 2020 polka dot tulle corseted ballgown with a sculptural peplum.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , ,

Elle Fanning Wore A Disney Fairytale Armani Prive Gown For The ‘Maleficent: Mistress of Evil’ London Premiere

Julia Roberts' Oliver Peoples Mehrie Sunglasses

Julia Roberts’ Oliver Peoples Mehrie Sunglasses

73 Responses to Angelina Jolie Goes From Black Widow To Snow White For The ‘Maleficent: Mistress of Evil’ London Premiere

1. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:25 pm #

I have made $19846 last month by w0rking 0nline from home in my part time only.
    Follow this website now for more info……….easyjob50.com

2. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:25 pm #

This has already grabbed a spot in my BDOTY list. It looks perfect.

Zahara is turning out to be quite the one to watch, too!

3. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:25 pm #

single *and very rich

4. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:25 pm #

Got that right ??

5. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:25 pm #

Top of my BDOTY list ???
    She has been looking fantastic lately. Healthy, genuinely happy . Being single has its advantages sometimes ?

6. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:25 pm #
  7. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:25 pm #

Long live Angelina and her stylist!!! I LOVE this! I LIIIIIVVVVEEE for a statement shoulder and a cape!
    Also, Zahara looks beautiful ❤️
    I knew Angie was gonna give us a show-stopper ?. Catherine, lets have a drink to this on our respective sides of the pond.

8. Guest March 31, 2020 at 2:25 pm #

This looks like a costume. Don’t like it.

9. Guest October 11, 2019 at 7:06 pm #

We have seen this dress many times but she looks great. And her daughter looks fantastic

10. Maya_S October 11, 2019 at 5:34 pm #

Wow! I mean WOW! Perfection!

11. Guest October 11, 2019 at 1:13 pm #

Looking good, but definitely deja vu.

12. Guest October 10, 2019 at 5:48 pm #

Got that right 😃😎

13. Guest October 10, 2019 at 6:43 pm #

Wow!
    Everything screams elegance and sophistication here.
    The red lip, the pose, this look is fit for a queen.

14. Noor October 10, 2019 at 3:59 pm #

I don’t hate when she wears black. So far Angi is the only person who can sell black for ages. But colours work better on her. I’m still mesmerized by her purple butterfly top. And far better than Elle. Gorgeous!

And FC haven’t you noticed, her boys have dressed well also.

15. Madysson Hesbois October 10, 2019 at 12:46 pm #

Yes girl, this is how you do it! This is wonderful 😀 She never looked so regal, great look, BDOTY contender 😀

16. Sharon M October 10, 2019 at 11:27 am #

Something has obviously shifted in the right direction for Angelina. My only complaint is the fit of the bodice. I wish it didn’t look like it is totally molded to her chest…

• Sharon M October 10, 2019 at 11:34 am #

I see now that it is a cage. That is why I don’t like it…the wires under her breasts are like underwire in a bra.

17. ? October 10, 2019 at 11:05 am #

Wow! That’s how you do “theme” without being costumey. She look like a fantasy queen. Beautiful, luxurious, feminine and badass. Love it!

p.s. the back is also amazing!

anonymous as always

18. Guest October 10, 2019 at 10:34 am #

Oh wow. What a dress! BDOTY contender for sure. I was lucky enough to have a tour of the R&R couture atelier last week, the workmanship really blew me away- so glad this sort of quality is being produced in London

19. Guest October 10, 2019 at 8:58 am #

I think it’s the surprise of this outfit from her is part of why most of us are jaw dropping. If this was someone else at Cannes it might not have had the same impact. But I will consider this come voting in December.
    Did you see BOF500 gala?

• CKallon October 10, 2019 at 9:22 pm #

Yes, I did see that Gala. But following the Kerby Jean-Raymond statement, I decided not to feature

20. Catarina_M October 10, 2019 at 8:06 am #

This look will be hard to top. I’m hoping it’s not the highlight of the tour and Angelina can deliver more amazing looks. This one, is one to remember.

21. CharlotteLG October 10, 2019 at 6:18 am #

She looks stunning.
    The bodice around her breast is a bit harsh IMO, but that’s minor.
    One of her best looks in ages for sure.

22. Guest October 10, 2019 at 4:45 am #

This seems very overdressed for a Disney premiere–almost amateurish.

23. Guest October 10, 2019 at 4:39 am #

Great look. But I still hold my no.1 BDOTY for Queen Cate. I think some people are crazy about this look from Angie because we have seen so many black looks from her. We feel a bit of freshness here. But if we put this same dress on any other actresses, we would definitely just say pretty or meh. Cate keeps outdoing herself and keeps experimenting while delivering those breathtaking looks. That’s what we cherish the most here. Like Catherine said many times, Cate is on another level.

24. Vizual Ninja October 10, 2019 at 3:13 am #

She’s back to her best! She absolutely killed this tour, definitely BDOTW/Y worthy. Zahara is so lovely and wears such a fussy dress with such ease, almost as if she’s been doing this as long as her mom has.

25. Guest October 10, 2019 at 1:55 am #

Such perfection. When you say red carpet, only Cate Blanchett and Angelina i am awaiting always.

26. Guest October 10, 2019 at 1:09 am #

Yep. I found my BDOTY. This is just magnificent, and possibly my favorite look ever from her.

27. Phee phee October 10, 2019 at 12:57 am #

This is beyond stunning. Im shocked by her yet again.
    She looks simply flawless. I love the design and elements of this.
    She looks positively regal.
    I am also one thats putting this in my BDOTY list. Its just so Wow!

28. Guest October 10, 2019 at 12:32 am #

Normally I’d say no to the exaggerated pointy shoulder, but in this case it does provide the edge and elevate the whole look.
    Overall it’s decent look. I only wish those gold lines had been removed as they looked a bit jarring imo.

29. Jess Mara October 10, 2019 at 12:19 am #

This is going straight to the top of my BDOTY list. She looks amazing, and I love that she even did different hair and makeup.
    The gown is so stunning with the gold cage and the embellishments and then throw in a cape… someone is going to have to come and pick my jaw off the floor.

30. Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 9, 2019 at 11:10 pm #

You totally called it 🏆 And it’s beyond what I could have imagined

I will have a drink in celebration 🍾

31. Guest October 10, 2019 at 12:10 am #

Finally!!!!! Amazing!!!!!! I’m in love with the details like the pointy shoulders and gold trim – but most of all the red lip I’ve been dying for has arrived!!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Angelina!!!

32. Guest October 9, 2019 at 11:41 pm #

Wow, she looks like a royalty. I’m not too fond of the bustier design, but she looks magnificent.
    Although, it’s Elle Fanning who almost made my heart stop with her stunningly captivating Armani Prive, it’s that look I will be considering for my BDOTY top.

33. Guest October 9, 2019 at 9:48 pm #

The best look of this promo tour and her best look in years. Is she still styled by Jen Rade?

34. KseniaBradner October 9, 2019 at 9:46 pm #

This needed a photo of the back of the gown. BDOTW. BDOTY too. More of this and less black Angie please.

• Guest October 10, 2019 at 1:13 am #

You’re right. The back is spectacular too. Everyone should go check that out.

35. Guest October 9, 2019 at 9:39 pm #

I was rooting for Elle in this promo tour but Angie is making all the waves.

36. Guest October 9, 2019 at 9:37 pm #

This is really lovely, but hardly a BDOTY moment for me.

37. Guest October 9, 2019 at 9:13 pm #

100 times better than her last 2 looks.

Immediately I saw the gown I loved it, but after taking a good look at it properly, I’m on the fence. That gold bodice looks a bit cheap and too shiny in some pictures.
    I really wanna love this look, but I’m on the fence.

38. Guest October 9, 2019 at 9:12 pm #

This outfit says bow down, the queen is here. I love it. This could me in my BDOTY list but the only thing that might keep it out is the sharp points at the shoulders. What I love about her and Elle so far on this promo tour is their nod to he movie while looking impeccable. Long may it continue.

39. Los_NGLS October 9, 2019 at 8:06 pm #

Also, Zahara looks beautiful ❤️
    I knew Angie was gonna give us a show-stopper 😌. Catherine, lets have a drink to this on our respective sides of the pond.

• Los_NGLS October 10, 2019 at 3:21 am #
  40. Guest October 9, 2019 at 7:52 pm #

Top of my BDOTY list 😍😊🤗
    She has been looking fantastic lately. Healthy, genuinely happy . Being single has its advantages sometimes 😃

• Los_NGLS October 10, 2019 at 2:19 pm #

single *and very rich

41. Paola102 October 9, 2019 at 8:39 pm #

Another breathtaking look from Angelina. She is on a roll!
    I love the contrast in the dress that stays on theme: the ethereal feel of the lightness, softness and colour of the fabric, with the toughness and edginess of the golden bodice and the pointy shoulders. On point and perfect.
    Her brood looks adorable. You can already feel their personalities show in how they dress.
    Loving this promo tour!

42. P&P October 9, 2019 at 8:35 pm #

WOW! Definitely BDOTY worthy. She looks incredible!

43. Guest October 9, 2019 at 8:34 pm #

What a woman, what a year. She came back full form into this promo tour and I have to say I love her no matter black, white, silver, ruffled, embelished or caped.
    Angelina has a poise and an elegance than are pure an genuine. She is still a rebel, that rebel will always live inside her, and I believe is that what makes her look so cool (despite her beauty which is undeniable)
    Both Elle and Angelina are bringing it so hard that I can forget about that disgraceful outing from Michelle.
    Long live Angelina and her Ralph & Russo/Versace collaborations❤️

44. Dominos October 9, 2019 at 8:31 pm #

Someone tell Blake Lively THIS is how you do theme. Perfection!

• Guest October 9, 2019 at 11:09 pm #

Blake hardly needs Our Lady of Black to tell her how to dress.

• Dominos October 10, 2019 at 1:36 am #

I disagree. I’d take a perfect black outfit over a series of great suits ruined due to bad styling any day.

• Guest October 10, 2019 at 2:31 am #

Black is great. I wear it all the time but this fawning over this costume she’s wearing irks me.

• Dominos October 10, 2019 at 2:41 am #

I think most of us are fawning over a great outfit and fabulous style moment.

45. AnderBoBo October 9, 2019 at 8:25 pm #

Wow, this is breath-taking.

46. Guest October 9, 2019 at 8:24 pm #

Zahara is a lovely girl but that dress is too mature and is swallowing her up.

47. Guest October 9, 2019 at 8:08 pm #

Absolutely amazing!

48. Guest October 9, 2019 at 8:06 pm #

A bit too much for my taste. I would say to have the cage or the shoulders. Both together feels like costume.

49. Guest October 9, 2019 at 7:46 pm #

This has already grabbed a spot in my BDOTY list. It looks perfect.

Zahara is turning out to be quite the one to watch, too!

• Guest October 10, 2019 at 3:08 pm #

I have made $19846 last month by w0rking 0nline from home in my part time only.
      Follow this website now for more info……….easyjob50.com

50. Guest October 9, 2019 at 7:45 pm #

This looks like a costume. Don’t like it.