Menu

October 7, 2019

10th Annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic Los Angeles

To celebrate its tenth anniversary in Los Angeles, Veuve Clicquot welcomed a host of celebrities and polo-enthusiasts to the Will Rogers State Historic Park to enjoy the highly anticipated Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic Los Angeles on Saturday (October 5), where the celebs enjoyed a day of polo-watching, picnicking and champagne-sipping.

If you’re anything like me, looking out the window to a rainy day, with the central heating on, this will bring back some fond memories of summer 2019.

Lea Michele:  Between the high neckline, summery print and delicate pleats, this AMUR ‘Bibi’ dress was easily my favourite at this event. I adore the white headband, especially since it kept her hair off her shoulders.

Mandy Moore:  This is the Mandy Moore we all know and adore.  The actress has fleeting moments where she tries something new, which we enjoy to varying degrees, but there is nothing more precious that a signature Mandy Moore look, of which this Lela Rose Spring 2020 yellow flutter dress represents. A baby blue croc BY FAR bag and nude Christian Louboutin ‘Valparaiso’ sandals completed her look.   Yes, I am aware I said Mandy Moore three times here.

Aja Naomi King: The ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ star opted for a brand that is swiftly becoming a celebrity favorite: Farm Rio.  I love the colour,  but I wish there was something more to the look in the accessories department.

10th Annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic Los Angeles

Julia Roberts: The actress steps out in a ‘Pretty Woman’ inspired polka dots blouse and cropped pleated trousers from the Michael Kors’ Resort 2020 collection. The look was styled with jewelry from Sara Weinstock and Octavia Elizabeth, The Office of Angela Scott brogues and Oliver Peoples Mehrie shades.

Kirsten Dunst: The actress stayed on track with her love for dainty floral dresses, but this time she selected a look from Vika Gazinskaya’s Spring 2019 collection.  The black suede platforms are a head scratcher here.

Camilla Belle: Now this has me longing for my summer holidays, where I wore nothing but crop tops for 6 days in Greece.  The actress wore a floral two-piece from Jason Wu’s Spring 2020 collection. While I love the Ank Art jewels, I wish the accessories had been a bit more dynamic.  I especially question the pumps on a grass surface.

Nesta Cooper: Along with Lela Michele, Nesta was one of my favourites at this event in her Reformation ‘Nikita’ dress. Not only for the cool blue print, but also for the impeccable styling.

Jaime King: The actress was doing the most Monse Resort 2020.  I adore this eclectic print. Jamie has the personality to pull off something so dramatic.

Christina Henricks: With her straw-boater, Christina had the perfect accessory to top off her Reformation ‘Lacey’ floral dress.

Kilo Kish:   It was so good to see a female rapper opting something that reaches the floor.  Kilo let the bold print of her Farm Rio ‘Caramel Banana’ maxi dress do the talking.

Busy Phillips:  This look was also on my list of favourites for the styling alone.  Busy rocked a signature floral print The Vampire’s Wife ‘Cate’ dress, styled with a signature Staud ‘Shirley’ PVC and leather tote and The Office Of Angela Scott shoes with pink socks.  There are so many elements which work in a fun, and interesting way here.  Inspiring styling that hasn’t been pulled directly from a look book is something we can all admire.

Rachel Bilson: The actress kept things simple, and event appropriate in a white Jacquemus Tablier open-back textured-crepe halterneck dress from the Fall 2019 collection, which was originally styled with trousers. While I wish her brown BY FAR mini bag had been in a more summery hue, it’s clear simplicity was the M.O. for this look which included Jennifer Fisher jewels and Stuart Weitzman’s ‘Nudist’ sandals.

Lake Bell:  A lighter shoe from Alumnae, and this Rosetta Getty look styled with a white Stalvey bag, would’ve been one of my alternative favourites.

Ali Larter: La Double J. dresses are always bright, colour and oozing with flare. Amy’s Visconti dress styled with Stuart Weitzman ‘Nudist’ sandals, is a glowing testament of their signature style.

Regina Hall:  The ‘Shaft’ actress wore a pretty Zimmermann Resort 2020 embroidery pink dress with the same nude Christian Louboutin ‘Valparaisa’ sandals we saw on Mandy Moore.

Anna Camp:  Much like Mandy Moore (5th mention), you can always rely on Anna Camp for a delightfully pretty dress.  This grosgrain striped dress was courtesy of the Lela Rose Pre-Fall 2019 collection, styled with blue suede shoes.

Karen Gillan:This Zimmermann Resort 2020 top and trousers combo styled with a Mulberry ‘Micro Seaton’ bag, Parasteh jewels, brogues and a fedora, feels like a look straight from the influencer playbook.

Garcelle Beauvais:  I’m all for doing the most, but this Jovani jumpsuit with its feathered bodice felt terribly out of place at this event.

Credit: Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Penelope Cruz, Gilded In Gold Chanel Haute Couture For The 'Wasp Network' New York Film Festival Premiere

Penelope Cruz, Gilded In Gold Chanel Haute Couture For The ‘Wasp Network’ New York Film Festival Premiere

Chloe Grace Moretz Wears Louis Vuitton To ‘The Addams Family’ LA Premiere

Chloe Grace Moretz Wears Louis Vuitton To ‘The Addams Family’ LA Premiere

23 Responses to 10th Annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic Los Angeles

1. ? October 10, 2019 at 11:24 am #

I am obsessed with Lea Michele’s look! She looks amazing here!

anonymous as always

2. Guest October 8, 2019 at 6:55 pm #

Lea, Mandy and Nesta are my favourite of the summery looks here. Maybe because colder but I like Lake’s outfit as is. She’s never really had shoe game but I wish Camilla had worn some purple, pink or gold sandals and different bag to really bring out the best in her co-ord two piece.

3. Madysson Hesbois October 8, 2019 at 4:31 pm #

Mandy is my Queen. I litteraly love (almost) everything she wears. I also really enjoyed Lea, Anna and Busy. What a funny look 😀
    What happened to Jaime? Just all wrong.

4. Sharon M October 8, 2019 at 11:23 am #

Lea is my favorite, but there were lots of pretty dresses at this event! Busy looks great!

5. Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 8, 2019 at 10:25 am #

Damn. You’re right. I always get them mixed up 🙈

6. Lisa49030 October 8, 2019 at 6:47 am #

If you look closely, you’ll see that only Mandy Moore wore the Valparaisa sandals, not Regina Hall

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards October 11, 2019 at 8:58 pm #

I stand corrected.. thank you. I often go cross eyed when doing these long posts lol

7. Noor October 8, 2019 at 5:07 am #

First look is romantic indeed. Love the prints.

8. KseniaBradner October 8, 2019 at 1:52 am #

WHY is A-List Kirsten Dunst and Julia Roberts at an event with a bunch of B-Listers? You may say it doesn’t matter but it does.

Karen Gillan really disappointed, totally an influencer try-hard look.

• Sharon M October 8, 2019 at 11:25 am #

There were quite a few “ Influencers” there…hardly even B-listers. It was quite a mix.

• Guest October 8, 2019 at 6:51 pm #

How snobby and stupid a comment. Besides, entertainment people careers’ fluctuate or change all the time.

• KseniaBradner October 8, 2019 at 7:20 pm #

You’re telling me celebrities don’t have a hierarchy? That celebrities don’t think of the hierarchy themselves? AS IF the thought of ‘who are all these nobodies’ didn’t cross Julia Roberts’ mind. Status matters in Hollywood and often prevents people from moving up in status. Don’t come for me if you don’t know the sociology of Hollywood.

• KseniaBradner October 8, 2019 at 7:21 pm #

Influencers are not B-Listers, but I’d say Christina Hendricks is B-List, Camilla Belle is a mocktress which is B-List activity. The celebrities besides Kirsten and Julia are firmly B-List.

• KseniaBradner October 8, 2019 at 7:22 pm #

The ones featured here, I meant, are B-List, besides Julia and Kirsten. I was wondering why Julia and Kirsten were at this event at all when they were outnumbered. Usually there’s more of a balance.

9. Guest October 8, 2019 at 1:35 am #

Isn’t that Ali Larter not Amy Smart?

10. JasLinds October 8, 2019 at 12:55 am #

Julia looks so cool! Surely it’s a nod to her Pretty Woman look at the polo!

11. Guest October 7, 2019 at 11:14 pm #

Love Amy’s entire look. Other than Julia (too clowny for me), Karen (no to all the accessories) and Garcelle (no to the entire look), this is a well dressed group. I’d love to have seen different shoes on Lake, Nesta, Julia, and Aja Naomi.

12. Guest October 7, 2019 at 10:22 pm #

I like the accessories of several looks eg Busy Phillips, where hat, bag, shoes raise a Vampire’s Wife dress from the dead (couldn’t resist, lol). I even like the socks (!). Love Julia Robert’s brogues, Christina Hendricks boater and bag, and Lea Michele’s headband. Lea’s dress needs to be in my closet. Also like Regina Hall’s pretty styling h2t.

13. Phee phee October 7, 2019 at 9:57 pm #

The top row is excellent. I love leas dress. its gorgeous and also my fave of the group.
    Jamie, Amy, Regina, and Anna all look pretty.
    Julias look feels fresh for her.

14. Guest October 7, 2019 at 9:14 pm #

I love these events. Such a great variety of styles on display!

• Guest October 8, 2019 at 1:07 am #

+1, interesting to see what’s been put together & if it matches with how I think of someone. Dresses on Kirsten & Mandy are my faves.

15. Guest October 7, 2019 at 7:49 pm #

Most of them look nice, but Jamie King is my favorite.

16. CharlotteLG October 7, 2019 at 7:36 pm #

They all look pretty good, except for the last two looks.
    Julia Roberts would be my fave.