Menu

October 2, 2019

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Spring 2020

As you could have probably guessed, the front row at the Louis Vuitton Spring 2020 show during Paris Fashion Week on Tuesday (October 1) had a number of LV-loving stars in its midst.

Alicia Vikander: I love the sporty-sophisticated nature of this ensemble that riffs on houndstooth, leather, and the stirrup pant trend. But, the collar of the jacket really demanded a sleeker bun.

Laura Harrier: If you look up girly-grunge in the dictionary, this is precisely what you’d see.

Jessica Biel: Like Laura, Jessica also wore stripes, but hers took on a Victorian vibe with the high-collared blouse. You may recall that the actress recently wore another Louis Vuitton look at the Toronto Film Festival — which I have to admit to preferring far and above this latest endeavor that felt a bit forced and disjointed.

Jennifer Connelly: An LV regular, the actress stayed on form in an edgy, eye-catching look from the designer. Even though there was a lot going on, I love how Jennifer rocked this particular brand of drama with the draped, blue velvet, corset bodice, and embellished sleeves.

Indya Moore: Laura may have shown us one version of girly-grunge, but I prefer what Indya put forth here in what I would call pretty-grunge. Despite the tougher spirit of this leather-accented look, her effortless approach and gorgeous curls really elevated the ensemble. You may remember that she also wore a Louis Vuitton look to the 2019 Emmys.

Chloë Grace Moretz: The starlet one-upped Jennifer’s dramatic entrance with her own fancy sleeves — except her look had a more pronounced armor-like appeal.

Samara Weaving: This prim and proper — yet plenty punchy — pinstripe dress could have stepped straight out of a film noir set; one where the sleeves absolutely stole the show.

Stacy Martin: Speaking of darker tones, Stacy suited up in an all-black look that may have not been as dynamic as the rest. But, the menswear-inspired tailoring still maintained a certain mystique.

Ruth Negga: Both the embroidered blazer and mod skirt are intriguing pieces here, but I believe I would appreciate them more on their own merits — and not worn together.

Catherine Deneuve: The actress went for a more straightforward approach in a black coat and trousers with a patterned blouse.

Cody Fern: The same would not be said for Cody whose look was far from basic — especially since he was clearly channeling the Ice Capades in his winter-white sheer embroidered top and satin pants.

Natalia Vodianova: If you had described this retro-mod look to me with its mix of dove-gray, melon, orange, cerulean, and black, I would have said it would never work. Seeing it in on Natalia was a different story, as I love how it all translated so chicly — right down to the black booties.

Credit: Louis Vuitton/Getty

Victoria Beckham And Sotheby’s Celebrate Andy Warhol At The Fashion Designer’s London Flagship Boutique

NET-A-PORTER:  Modern Must-Haves

NET-A-PORTER: Modern Must-Haves

16 Responses to Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Spring 2020

1. Phee phee October 3, 2019 at 2:51 am #

Ugh…why!!!?????
    I just hate most of this. Sorry. not sorry.
    Lv just makes ugly clothes for the most part. cant believe celebrities always go for them.
    Almost all look like buffoons….

2. Guest October 3, 2019 at 2:37 am #

when everyone looks ridiculous you know it is time for a Louis Vuitton show

3. Guest October 2, 2019 at 6:10 pm #

when jennifer connelly is the best dressed at the event you know it’s a terribly dressed event. And an LV show no less! God this ghesquiere/demna/abloh moment in fashion is so exhausting. bubble skirts? in 2019? god.

4. Los_NGLS October 2, 2019 at 3:30 pm #

I love ALL of this, even the ones I don’t like, lol.

I’m obsessed with the cult of Nicolas Ghesquiere, and have been since Balenciaga. I think it’s truly the mark of his talent, craftsmanship , and ‘customer service’ (however that works at that level of fashion) that he has such a loyal army of devoted followers.

Also, he just makes cool ass clothes with a signature touch that does not squarely fall on one feature (think Vampire’s Wife’s sleeves) but is more garnered from the entirety of his looks and how the pieces are arranged together.

His Spring 2020 collection was *chef’s kiss* .

5. Paola102 October 2, 2019 at 2:11 pm #

I only like Indya’s hair out of all those looks…

6. Guest October 2, 2019 at 11:28 am #

Samara and Stacey. Everything else is typical LV fug.

7. Guest October 2, 2019 at 11:02 am #

Ruth Negga slays me every time. I completely agree with the critique but that face says I dare you to find anything about this to be anything less than fabulous.

8. Guest October 2, 2019 at 11:01 am #

Samara Weaving looks amazing!!
    I also love Jennifer Connelly’s look, she’s totally rocking it.

9. MissCoco October 2, 2019 at 10:58 am #

Laura and Samara.

10. Noor October 2, 2019 at 8:58 am #

Good only for LV front row.

11. Catarina_M October 2, 2019 at 8:15 am #

I only like some pieces separately. Some of those looks don’t have a guiding line, they seem a bunch of random clothes put together to show as much as they can of the collection.

12. Guest October 2, 2019 at 7:53 am #

Alicia and Stacy are my picks. Jennifer too as she manages to pull off that busy top and rare occasion now of not looking like a LV fashion victim.

13. Guest October 2, 2019 at 5:28 am #

Stacy, Samara, and Alicia look great. Indya’s look is fine. For once Jennifer does not look insane at an LV show The rest range from absolutely awful (sadly, Laura is one of those and unsurprisingly so is Chloe) to disappointing (Ruth) to meh (the rest)

14. Guest October 2, 2019 at 5:27 am #

A bunch of ugly clothes.

I kinda like Laura, Jennifer, Indya and Natalia (sans the boots).

Jessica B is the worst.

• Kat October 2, 2019 at 8:56 am #

Agreed. These clothes scream “trendy”, not “stylish”. Hard pass for me.

15. Guest October 2, 2019 at 4:45 am #

Now from this method you will know how to make every month extra $21,862 or more easily just by doing work in spare time.
    Details on this website…………..easyjob50.com