Menu

September 10, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Rooney Mara In Hiraeth – ‘Joker’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Rooney Mara In Hiraeth - 'Joker' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Rooney Mara attended the ‘Joker’ premiere during the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival held at Roy Thomson Hall on Monday (September 9) in Canada.

If you were hoping that Rooney was going to opt for a red dress like she did for this festival back in 2016, you may be disappointed.

The actress was in customary black, but on this occasion she didn’t opt for Givenchy.

Her look took more of a softer, delicate path in this chiffon and lace dress from her own vegan line Hiraeth.

Her sustainable Victorian-esque style dress was simply styled with a satin headband and black pumps.

Even though this is very much expected, there was a lot I liked about this look, and that is probably due to the fact that perfect represents Rooney’s style – no fuss.

Hiraeth Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

James Bond 'No Time To Die' Matera Photocall

James Bond ‘No Time To Die’ Matera Photocall

Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge Dons Florals For Her Visit To The Royal Horticultural Society

20 Responses to Rooney Mara In Hiraeth – ‘Joker’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Jess Mara September 11, 2019 at 3:27 am #

Predictable black dress but very well fitting and lovely on Rooney

2. Guest September 11, 2019 at 3:02 am #

There is a prettiness in this look which she rarely has, Perhaps it is the make up. Also the dress compliments her this time.

3. alvarospain September 10, 2019 at 10:30 pm #

Meh. Boring.

4. Guest September 10, 2019 at 9:53 pm #

I actually like this but her general style – aside from the fact that her career seems to be Joaquin’s plus one at the moment – has been sad lately.

What happened?

5. Guest September 10, 2019 at 9:38 pm #

I really like this tbh.

6. P&P September 10, 2019 at 9:20 pm #

“I’m so happy to be here”, says her face. /sarcasm

7. Guest September 10, 2019 at 7:56 pm #

HORRIBLE. But u guys will praise this cause she’s one of your faves.

This is an ugly boring cheap looking dress that shouldn’t be worn to a high profile movie premiere.

Bad posture also. She’s always bending in all her photos.

• Guest September 10, 2019 at 9:20 pm #

It’s a boring dress indeed, but I don’t find it cheap either. It’s just bland. Also, it’s not her film, she’s there as a plus one, so I kinda give this a pass.

8. MissHebble September 10, 2019 at 7:02 pm #

I love the hair and make up but the dress is just a bit meh for me.

9. Guest September 10, 2019 at 6:52 pm #

I love this dress. Rooney should smile once in a while

10. Noor September 10, 2019 at 5:08 pm #

Black is my personal favourite. I saw Olivia, Dakota and now Roonie. Is this the trend now? The bodice is extremely lifeless. It has a gothic charm, yet I don’t wanna see any single one of this kind. At least not within this year.

11. Phee phee September 10, 2019 at 4:34 pm #

Sure fine. She just has a really hard time bringing life to her looks. It makes her seem bland.

12. Guest September 10, 2019 at 4:18 pm #

I really like the dress, the dark romance really suits her and her face (she’s stunning, BTW). Not so sure about the shoes, but in general is a win for her.,

13. Guest September 10, 2019 at 4:11 pm #

I mean she could literally drain an empty sink with her “energy”. Would it hurt her face to show a little bit of personality?

• Guest September 10, 2019 at 6:51 pm #

Exactly, what you said. She is probably the most boring person on the red carpet because she drains the life out of every look.

• Guest September 10, 2019 at 6:55 pm #

Dayum, lol, “drain an empty sink with her ‘energy'”. Can’t say I don’t see your point though…

14. Guest September 10, 2019 at 4:00 pm #

This is so predictable for Rooney. And it ages her like most of the black dresses she had wore before.

15. ? September 10, 2019 at 3:58 pm #

I like this girl a lot and I am still lusting over some of her past looks form over the years (both her oscars dresses for example). But I feel she doesn’t try and experiment as much as she did during her “The girl with the dragon tattoo” days (I guess the completely different hairstyle was the motivation behind it). She is never badly dressed but I wish she will revive her passion for fashion some day.
    Nonetheless, this is a lovely look with a nice amount of gothic romanticism.

anonymous as always

• Guest September 10, 2019 at 6:15 pm #

16. Guest September 10, 2019 at 3:54 pm #

I can see someone giving charm to the dress and headband was a romantic touch but I don’t like the ankle straps on the shoes and the whole meek vibe just makes it feel like a sad chiffon sack.