Menu

September 8, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

‘Hustlers’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Jennifer Lopez in Maison Yeya Couture 'Hustlers' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

The Toronto International Film Festival was the stage where we got to see Jennifer Lopez, Constance Wu, Lili Reinhart and Keke Palmer all take to the red carpet for the world premiere of ‘Hustlers’ on Saturday (September 7) in Canada.

Jennifer Lopez:  This would’ve been a huge moment for Yasmine Yeya of Maison Yeya, but I kinda struggled to get on board with this yellow satin and mesh dress.

I just want to file this in the, “there’s too much going on folder.”

All the ribbons down the front don’t really serve much propose.  The netting around the hips and waist aren’t that flattering.

And the Judith Leiber money clutch, as relevant as it is to this story, feels a bit garish for me.

I expected waaaaay more from JLo.

Femme sandals plus jewels from Amwaj and Yvan Tufenkjian completed her look.

Maison Yeya Fall 2019 Couture
Constance Wu in Georges Hobeika Fall 2019 Couture- Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Constance Wu: The actress was channeling JLo more than JLo on this red carpet; wearing this Georges Hobeika Fall 2019 Couture dress.

I love that this promo tour sees her step outside her cutesy gown comfort zone, but I do feel that she’s trying just a little too hard.

The outfit is great, but the JLo sexy face ain’t working for me.

Georges Hobeika Fall 2019 Couture

Lili Reinhart:  The ‘Riverdale’ star also kinda used this event to showcase a more elaborate style in Rodarte’s Fall 2019 cotton eyelet dress.

The ruffled sleeves might be a hard sell for some, but this was a bold look which worked on this red carpet.

Christian Louboutin ‘Loubi Queen’ sandals and a Rodarte silver buckle belt completed her look.

Rodarte Fall 2019
keke palmer in roberto cavalli Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Keke Palmer: When it comes to matching a look to your style, I have to say that Keke was the only one to really totally nailed her look in Roberto Cavalli.

You could argue that she was the most predictable, but in that, she was probably the best dressed at this event.

Giuseppe Zanotti sandals completed her look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Dakota Johnson In Christian Dior Haute Couture - 'The Friend' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Dakota Johnson In Christian Dior Haute Couture – ‘The Friend’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Kristen Stewart In Chanel Haute Couture - 'Seberg' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Kristen Stewart In Chanel Haute Couture – ‘Seberg’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

22 Responses to ‘Hustlers’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest September 10, 2019 at 2:09 pm #

Keke is the only here who looks good. She looks understated but still sexy!

I love JLo’s go-big attitude, but this is not her gown.

2. Guest September 10, 2019 at 12:46 am #

just wondering, but my comment on this post from this morning seems to have dissapeared?

3. Guest September 9, 2019 at 11:02 pm #

Please make a worst dressed of the week for JLO and this trainwreck of a dress and put this at your WDOTY.

Constance needs a new PR team. This look, along with the rumors of her attitude, will not keep her relevant.

Lili – safe, fun, but could have been better on someone else.

Keke – expected but classic. way to outshine all of these girls.

4. Guest September 9, 2019 at 10:49 pm #

Fgs J-Lo, you are likely to get an Oscar nomination next year so please pull yourself together. Get Versace and Valentino on speed dial.

5. Phee phee September 9, 2019 at 4:34 pm #

Hm. nothing works.
    Jlos dress looks so amateur cheap. I think she styled it well. I do like the clutch, its fun. But that dress is a mess.
    Constance shoes are nice but the rest feels try hard.
    Lilis…the shoulder poofs dont work for her. Of course, her pose doesn’t help. But the logo belt really puts me off the most.
    Keke I would say is best. But I bet if we saw other poses from her we would see how sheer it actually is.

6. Paola102 September 9, 2019 at 4:04 pm #

Keke wins here.

7. Guest September 9, 2019 at 12:58 pm #

What J Lo needed to borrow from Mariah, was that inevitable wind machine!

8. Sharon M September 9, 2019 at 11:38 am #

I don’t like any if the looks, but JLo’s is one of the worst dresses I’ve ever seen.

9. Guest September 9, 2019 at 11:23 am #

Lots of different looks to discuss, u putting all these looks together under one post is lazy journalism, I’m sorry.

I don’t like JLO’s gown. she is receiving universal acclaim for her performance in this movie, so we would be seeing alot of her at awards shows and events this award season, I hope she delivers.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards September 9, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

Lazy? Wow. I don’t think that there was any need to say that, and I am highly offended.

I am working on this site on my own pretty much, where other publications have teams of people.

There are so many looks to feature from Toronto, so it is easier to group events and looks from the same person together, I have pretty much done this every year.

If you feel the need to bash me again like this, I would prefer it if you didn’t comment at all.

• Guest September 9, 2019 at 7:33 pm #

Please don’t bother, Catherine. “Ruth” is a known “baiter”. Seems to have more issues than the New York Times.

10. Vizual Ninja September 9, 2019 at 9:40 am #

J.Lo dress looks like scraps of fabric leftover from a real dress and I’m not liking that hair colour on her either. And yup, definitely not buying that dress or ‘attitude’ on Constance. Keke is the best here.

11. Guest September 9, 2019 at 9:38 am #

Wow, such a disappointing premiere. I don’t like any of these, they can all do so so so much better!

12. Guest September 9, 2019 at 6:34 am #

Keke is the best one here but that doesn’t say much.

Pretty women – bad clothing (and styling).

13. Jess Mara September 9, 2019 at 3:34 am #

Way too much from all of them.
    J-Lo – a good co,lour for her but that is where my compliments start and finish. To much dress but then high slit and boobs, the clutch is terrible.
    Constance is definitely channeling way to much J-Lo that I dont even think Jlo would pull it off.

14. JasLinds September 9, 2019 at 1:51 am #

All terrible, J.Lo being the worst. What a mess.

15. Guest September 9, 2019 at 1:40 am #

Only like Keke.

16. Guest September 9, 2019 at 1:09 am #

Where can I find those shiny yellow toilet papers, J. Lo? ?

And Lili Reinhart bothers me every time! Every time I see her, I see Brittany Murphy!?

17. Guest September 8, 2019 at 11:24 pm #

Not a fan of really of any of the dresses but I think Keke looks the best with Lili following afterwards. Constance seems like she doing the Jolie @ the Oscars with her leg stretched out like that lol. The dress Jennifer has on is kind of ugly but most of all it’s really not her dress.

18. Guest September 8, 2019 at 11:02 pm #

Lili wasn’t the one to sell that dress. Keke, while nothing new, looks really good and unlike Constance didn’t try to go overboard to tie in the stripper theme of the film.

19. Guest September 8, 2019 at 10:59 pm #

Jennifer – WDOTY contender – and Constance

20. Guest September 8, 2019 at 10:49 pm #

What was Constance thinking?!?? I can’t stop laughing at Catherine’s comment “channeling more JLo than JLo” 😀