Menu

August 6, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Melissa McCarthy Wore Marchesa To ‘The Kitchen’ LA Premiere

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Melissa McCarthy Wears Marchesa For 'The Kitchen' LA Premiere

Melissa McCarthy joined Tiffany Haddish and Elisabeth Moss for the world premiere of ‘The Kitchen’ held at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California on Monday (August 5).

This will either go one of two ways.

You’ll find this custom Marchesa dress – inspired by the Pre-Fall 2019 collection – truly gorgeous, or too schoolmarmish.

I’m a little on the fence.

My only slight issue is the high collar as it feels very strict.  Perhaps had Melissa worn her hair up, my feeling about this would’ve changed.

I do love how the dress didn’t lose any of its charm with the lining, and the red heels which added a striking pop of colour.

Marchesa Pre-Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , ,

Julianne Moore Was Back To Black For The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Julianne Moore Was Back To Black For The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Gwyneth Paltrow's BY FAR  Magnolia Snake-Effect Sandals

Gwyneth Paltrow’s BY FAR Magnolia Snake-Effect Sandals

16 Responses to Melissa McCarthy Wore Marchesa To ‘The Kitchen’ LA Premiere

1. Kat August 8, 2019 at 8:53 am #

I’m still boycotting Marchesa. Good look. Bad brand. I will never believe GC wasn’t aware/complicit.

2. Guest August 7, 2019 at 3:57 am #

Melissa McCarthey has no clue how to dress for a fat person. I LOVE HER! But who is her stylist.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards August 7, 2019 at 9:16 am #

That’s a bit mean. She has had some great red carpet looks

3. Guest August 7, 2019 at 2:52 am #

Love her and she looks great. Love the pop of color with the pumps. She’s so talented

4. Guest August 7, 2019 at 12:02 am #

Horrible. I could maybe get over this if it was not custom. This look makes me sad because Melissa deserves better than this. It’s like the folks at Marchesa have no idea how to design for Melissa’s body.

5. Guest August 6, 2019 at 11:33 pm #

LOVE. We see a lot of the same for MM, and this is a nice excursion into something a bit more Kidman-esque, and totally rocks. The pops of red are perfect.

6. Phee phee August 6, 2019 at 10:36 pm #

schoolmarmish. its really ugly.

7. Guest August 6, 2019 at 8:37 pm #

I think the collar isn’t the issue. This is just not a dress for her.
    The lining of the sleeves especially made it lose its finesse.

• Kendal25 August 8, 2019 at 1:06 pm #

I am now getting paid every month more than $21k by doing an easy j0b 0nline from home.
      now you can do this by follow instructions on this website………..easyjob50.com

8. Etude August 6, 2019 at 8:35 pm #

The proportions of the dress are off on Melissa, it needs to flow and it doesn’t as it’s too long. God help me for saying I like sheer anything, but I liked it better with the sheer shelves and skirt as it is on the model.

9. Guest August 6, 2019 at 7:00 pm #

No, I would have left the look book version for Zoey Deutch. It looks Edwardian teacher updated. The stylist should have dressed her in something summery, less stuffy and not so high necked.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards August 7, 2019 at 9:15 am #

I wish they had too.

10. CharlotteLG August 6, 2019 at 6:18 pm #

What’s with all this fall looks?!
    It’s not bad but the dress is a bit too busy and doesn’t scream “Summer in California”.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards August 7, 2019 at 9:15 am #

It always happens in general, but more so the closer we get to Fall.

Possibly because the stores are now selling Fall clothes following the sales.

• CharlotteLG August 7, 2019 at 9:38 am #

I get that, I already tired of my summer clothes.
      But even if I’m looking forward to wearing jumper, pants and boots, I don’t do it because well, it’s 30°C outside.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards August 7, 2019 at 12:27 pm #