Menu

July 15, 2019 Advertising

The House Of Givenchy Unveils #Arivenchy, The Campaign Starring Ariana Grande

Givenchy unveil a series of portraits of Ariana Grande in her debut campaign for the house’s Fall 2019 collection, lensed by photographer Craig McDean.

Keeping with the tradition of portraits favored by Hubert de Givenchy, who called the style “the Givenchy sitting,” the Grammy Award-winning singer and songwriter wears key looks from the runway collection including a pleated, floral print dress, sophisticated tailored ensembles and dramatic off-the-shoulder evening looks.

In a close-up image with this fall’s statement bag, the Eden, Grande strikes a timeless pose. Evoking temptation and desire with bold graphics and sinuous lines, the Eden was designed in the spirit of Artistic Director Clare Waight Keller’s “Winter of Eden” collection for Fall-Winter 2019-2020.

Silken-finish skins and a crisp, geometric shape, sharp functionality and savvy construction make the bag a feat of leather-working savoir-faire — a statement bag for a thoroughly modern icon, Ariana Grande.

The #Arivenchy campaign is being released online today and will appear in the September issue of selected magazines worldwide.

A large majority of you weren’t convinced by the initial announcement of Ariana Grande as the face of Givenchy.

Have your feelings changed now that you have seen the campaign?

Credit: Craig McDean

, ,

Florence Kasumba Looked Regal In David Tlale For 'The Lion King' London Premiere

Florence Kasumba Looked Regal In David Tlale For ‘The Lion King’ London Premiere

Wimbledon Tennis Championships Style At The Men's Final

Wimbledon Tennis Championships Style At The Men’s Final

11 Responses to The House Of Givenchy Unveils #Arivenchy, The Campaign Starring Ariana Grande

1. Guest July 21, 2019 at 1:16 am #

I like the black and white pic but this collab still feels weird and forced. I know Ariana is at the top of her game now but it’s not enough

2. Guest July 17, 2019 at 12:01 pm #

She is not a fashion girl … not at all. With her, givenchy just hit a low….

3. Guest July 16, 2019 at 5:09 pm #

This has got to be the worst celebrity endorsement in fashion history. Everything about it is wrong and tasteless. Monsieur Hubert’s bones are surely shaking inside his grave…

4. Guest July 16, 2019 at 5:01 pm #

This squeaking rat a Grammy winner? It just shows the collapse of all institutions in modern life. She doesn’t have the aura of a star. Millenials and their (lack of) tastes…rsrsrs

5. Guest July 16, 2019 at 4:57 am #

She’s just not a Givenchy woman.

I will never get on board with this pairing. Everything is wrong here.

She looks like a girl wearing her mother’s clothes in that green blazer.
    Also – this was the perfect opportunity to ditch the ponytail. But no.

6. Phee phee July 16, 2019 at 12:41 am #

Arivenchy?? seriously? (major eyerolling here)

Anyways, its too early still to say whether this will be a good match up.
    I dont think so but Im prepared to be surprised.

7. Guest July 15, 2019 at 11:31 pm #

I like the off the shoulder top shot but the green suit shot totally looks like dress up and not authentic part of her style. Still not convinced of this pairing.

• Noor July 16, 2019 at 8:53 am #

Second look reminds me of this,

8. Guest July 15, 2019 at 11:00 pm #

Are they really calling it #Arivenchy? If that is the official name, I may never be able to like this campaign. Anyway, based on these two photographs, I still do not see Ariana as a Givenchy woman but I will keep an open mind until I see more pictures, hopefully some with her hair in a style other than the ponytail.

• Guest July 16, 2019 at 12:49 am #

+1 I like the outfits, but they don’t suit Ariana’s personality. The #Arivenchy campaign sounds forced to me as well.

9. Guest July 15, 2019 at 10:50 pm #

I missed the announcement & am a dress person myself, but pants are good!