Menu

May 10, 2019

Ariana Grande Is The New Face Of Givenchy #Arivenchy

Today, the House of Givenchy has revealed its new face —Ariana Grande.

The image that they released is already iconic.

Firstly because it features the back of Aubrey Hepburn’s ‘Breakfast At Tiffany’s Givenchy black dress.

And secondly because the image really needed no introduction to who this was, considering her signature ponytail.

A modern muse and the voice of a generation, Ariana has emerged as one of the most influential forces in pop culture today. A Grammy award-winning performer, songwriter and singer, which they believe embodies the spirit of the Givenchy woman.

She will feature in the Givenchy Fall 2019 campaign which is set to be unveiled in July.

I’m not sure about you, but this has come as a huge surprise.

But as we’ve learned in the past, wearing the brand exclusively on the red carpet does not guarantee you an ad campaign.

If that was the case, Rosamund Pike would be the face of Givenchy by now.

Ariana is currently on tour at the moment, which is probably why this announcement wasn’t made on Monday at the Met Gala.

I think it would’ve been pretty epic for Clare Waight Keller to have walked the Met Gala steps with Ariana, but the honor went to Gal Gadot and Maria Sharapova.

Ariana Grande said “I am so proud to be the new face of Givenchy. It is a House I have forever admired and to now be part of that family is such an honor. I love this clothing and the confidence and joy it brings to the people wearing it. Not only is the clothing timeless and beautiful but I’m proud to work with a brand that makes people feel celebrated for who they are, and unapologetic about whatever they want to be.”

Do you think this is a good fit?

Which runway looks would you like to see Ariana wearing on the red carpet? Add them to the comments.

Credit: Givenchy

, ,

Balmain Partners With Björk For Her 'Cornucopia' Tour

Balmain Partners With Björk For Her ‘Cornucopia’ Tour

'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Cast Visit Jimmy Kimmel Live!

‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Cast Visit Jimmy Kimmel Live!

16 Responses to Ariana Grande Is The New Face Of Givenchy #Arivenchy

1. Guest May 11, 2019 at 12:52 am #

Ariana Grande, you are no Audrey Hepburn.

2. BabyZsaZsa May 10, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

I absolutely understand the skepticism, but I am truly excited to see what comes out of this partnership. Should make for some interesting posts in the future!

3. Guest May 10, 2019 at 4:51 pm #

While I really want to see a new style direction from Ariana and I’m loving current Givenchy this doesn’t seem like a natural fashion fit. More cache for the brand and a big paycheck for a popular celebrity JLaw and Dior, Emma Stone and LV, Margot and Chanel etc. But Ariana has always had strong, confident vibe and that’s similar to what current Givenchy vibe gives off so we’ll see. I agree it’ll probably custom and alterations from runway looks.

4. Guest May 10, 2019 at 4:46 pm #

Givenchy?

I find this partnership to be very surprising and very weird. The main reason is that I’ve never seen her flaunting around wear their designs, and Ariana very much favors Versace from red carpet appearances to tour outfits (for example, Sweetener Tour), so I’ve been expecting her to be their new campaign face because it would’ve made more sense.

5. Phee phee May 10, 2019 at 4:26 pm #

Seems an odd partnership indeed. Ill keep an open mind but its a strange mix to think about.

6. Guest May 10, 2019 at 4:20 pm #

I don’t see any connection with the two so this is a huge (unpleasant) surprise for me.

However, if this collaboration means that we will finally see Ariana wearing something different than her usual style (which I despise to be honest) – I’m here for it.

• Guest May 10, 2019 at 5:48 pm #

I’m here for that as well. Excellent point.

7. HighPriestess May 10, 2019 at 4:02 pm #

Curious partnership indeed. I liked the video teaser and the picture, but I need to wait until I see Ariana actively wearing Givenchy to have an opinion. Good visual identity doesn’t mean necessarily that Ariana is going to be good ambassador for the brand.

8. Guest May 10, 2019 at 3:47 pm #

This is a huge surprise for me. I do not see Arianna Grande as a Givenchy woman in any way shape or form. I am reserving judgment until I see the looks.

9. Guest May 10, 2019 at 3:42 pm #

I have mixed feelings regarding this partnership. It’s a huge surprise for me since Ariana doesn’t really seem like a Givenchy girl (unlike Rooney Mara and Rosamund Pike; I even prefer to see Natalie Portman in Givenchy instead of Dior), but I’m still looking forward to Ariana’s outfits and see if this pairing will work.

10. JessNess May 10, 2019 at 3:40 pm #

It’s going to be a tough task for Law Roach. I predict she will wear a lot of custom looks. I would like to see her in this

• Guest May 10, 2019 at 6:46 pm #

Nice selection! There’s a lot in the Spring collection for her aesthetic. From the latest Fall collection I would choose

11. Guest May 10, 2019 at 3:29 pm #

This makes about as much sense as JLaw and Dior…

• Phee phee May 10, 2019 at 4:25 pm #

or Emma Stone and LV

• HighPriestess May 11, 2019 at 2:21 am #

I think they’re trying a new approach for the brand. Ariana is youthful, “cool”, has a huge following of young women. If they want to market Givenchy for a new group of people, she’s a good face. But I still need to see her looks to have a solid opinion haha.

12. Guest May 10, 2019 at 3:19 pm #

This is very interesting, I am looking forward to her looks