Menu

June 21, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Rihanna attended the FENTY x Webster Pop-up cocktail event hosted at The Webster on Tuesday (June 18) in New York City, which introduced ‘Release 6-19,’ the second drop from Rihanna’s Fenty clothing label.

When I tell people that I’m not excited about this Fenty label, they really get in their feelings, like I have to love it just because it’s Rihanna, but I have to say I preferred this second drop as the pieces seemed more wearable.

Sadly, for me, Rihanna isn’t selling her brand in the way that makes me covet the collection like Victoria Beckham for example.

I mean, how are you going to wear a hot-pink satin dress from your collection without giving the girls some support?

I just don’t get it. This is so bad.

The only thing she’s selling here are the accessories.

Laure Heriard Dubreuil, a French entrepreneur is wearing a pair of trousers from Fenty’s first collection, and much like Sonam Kapoor, she’s struggling to make them work.

Fenty ‘ Release 6-19’

Credit: Fenty & Getty

, , ,

Natalie Dormer's Vintage Inspired Floral Look For Royal Ascot Ladies Day

Natalie Dormer’s Vintage Inspired Floral Look For Royal Ascot Ladies Day

20% Off NET-A-PORTER Summer Styles For 24 Hours Only

20% Off NET-A-PORTER Summer Styles For 24 Hours Only

25 Responses to Rihanna Rocks A Look From Fenty’s Second Drop ‘Release 6-19’ To The Webster Pop-up

1. Jess Mara June 24, 2019 at 4:25 am #

Wow this is just so bad i just have to look away

2. Guest June 22, 2019 at 1:26 am #

Catherine, how much would this dress sell for? I know how much it would go for at Forever 21 but I am just wondering the price point in her line?

3. Guest June 21, 2019 at 5:37 pm #

This is awful. As much as I dislike the dress, which looks super tacky, I really hate the shoes. Why wear a shoe that has half of your big toe hanging over the side?

4. Guest June 21, 2019 at 3:32 pm #

Horrid! I am lost for words!

5. P&P June 21, 2019 at 3:18 pm #

Mess.

6. KseniaBradner June 21, 2019 at 2:35 pm #

Tackyass dress. Where is the Style Rihanna is known for???

7. Vizual Ninja June 21, 2019 at 2:12 pm #

So unflattering! If the dress doesn’t look good on her there’s no hope for the rest of us. I’m also disappointed with the line, though I actually do love her lingerie line, so should maybe just focus on that and all the many other things she killing it at.

8. Guest June 21, 2019 at 12:33 pm #

I’ve seen better pictures of this look. Some chest support would improve the look. Rihanna hates bras. She could do without them before,but now she might need it time to time.
    The design is okay but look more Missguided than LVMH.
    I actually like her pal’s trousers

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards June 21, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

The design is okay but look more Missguided than LVMH.

100%

9. Guest June 21, 2019 at 12:25 pm #

She looks so pretty from the neck up, it’s whatever that’s happening below the neck I have a major problem. Everything from the neck down is downright sloppy and cheap looking.

10. Jerusa04 June 21, 2019 at 11:42 am #

Beautiful face, as always, but the rest leaves much to be desired. I have faith that she will find the right path and this fashion label will be a huge success like everything she does.

11. Phee phee June 21, 2019 at 11:34 am #

Very dated and cheap looking. fashion designer she is not….
    I like her lipstick. thats it.
    And no, the pants dont work either on Laure.

This is a whole fail for Rihanna….sorry. but fashion designing is one of those things only a very few people have true skill in…
    great that she tried….but no.

hey, at least her makeup line was a huge success. (it sounds like)

• Guest June 21, 2019 at 11:45 am #

I don’t think this label is even about the skill of designing. LVMH and Riri, both are trying to cash in on popular culture. Fashion designing, and for a luxury label is one of the hardest businesses, it takes a perfect and big team to churn out collections that can sell, season after season. I can see RiRi might be ignorant about it, but I’ll never understand how on earth LVMH let this happen.

• Phee phee June 21, 2019 at 11:56 am #

Yes. You said it in a much more sophisticated way than I did. Thanx!

12. CharlotteLG June 21, 2019 at 11:17 am #

The dress looks tacky and cheap.

13. Guest June 21, 2019 at 11:03 am #

She’s giving face, so at least Fenty Beauty is well represented. Other than the fab color, the dress simply is far from her best look.

14. Guest June 21, 2019 at 11:01 am #

It will sell because it’s Rihanna and I’ll be happy for her since I am a fan but I don’t like her collection so far. It is very unflattering on any body type! Lucky for Rihanna, she has a natural sex appeal and is very beautiful. Even with an ugly outfit, her stunning face is still safe ?

15. Guest June 21, 2019 at 11:01 am #

I think that the main problem is that the dress costs 430£ and, honestly, it doesn’t look like it, either in the design or in the choice of fabric.

16. Guest June 21, 2019 at 10:45 am #

Ri-Ri no, no!

17. WhiteLady June 21, 2019 at 10:43 am #

Nice from the neck up, but everything else is a hard pass for me: the dress that’s not well fitted, the nail styling on her hands, the toes falling out of the sandals, the many rings + two bracelets… Sorry RiRi, love you but I’m afraid this look, and the collection are a big fail

18. Guest June 21, 2019 at 10:37 am #

I don’t think the brand is marketed correctly. The designs are very basic and sometimes a bit cheap-looking. Victoria Beckham started with very well tailored outfits, clean lines, crisp, feminine looks for business women and not only, meant to empower (I know Donna from Suits wore them a lot). I don’t think this is the case for this brand. I’m interested to see how it will perform, since, aesthetically, it seems to be of Instagram calibre only.

19. Guest June 21, 2019 at 10:15 am #

The label doesn’t excite it either, I preferred rih’s fashion when she acted like she didn’t really care about it

20. Catarina_M June 21, 2019 at 10:07 am #

This is just bad on so many levels.

• Guest June 21, 2019 at 3:32 pm #

21. Guest June 21, 2019 at 9:59 am #

That dress looks sooo cheap. RiRi, just concentrate on a new album and the make up. Plus, I don’t know how that woman next looks so chuffed when her outfit looks so bad.