Menu

June 21, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Natalie Dormer’s Vintage Inspired Floral Look For Royal Ascot Ladies Day

Natalie Dormer in Peter Pilotto - Royal Ascot: Lady's Day

Royal Ascot always attracts plenty of famous faces, particularly during Ladies’ Day which was yesterday (June 20).

Natalie Dormer,  who is best known for her portrayal of Margaery Tyrell in ‘Game of Thrones,’ arrived at the prestigious horse racing event wearing a floral number from Peter Pilotto’s  Fall 2019 collection.

My first reaction to this is, “did she have a theme in mind?”

If she did, I hope it was one that was vintage-inspired, because the look felt aged, and made her look way older than her 37 years.

From the neck up she’s stunning, but the dress is huge disappointment for me.

Orange heels, a Jane Taylor hat, Shaun Leane jewels and a dark green Cafune bag completed her look.

Peter Pilotto Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Poppy Delevingne's Oscar de la Renta Asymmetric Gown

Poppy Delevingne’s Oscar de la Renta Asymmetric Gown

Rihanna Rocks A Look From Fenty's Second Drop 'Release 6-19' To The Webster Pop-up

Rihanna Rocks A Look From Fenty’s Second Drop ‘Release 6-19’ To The Webster Pop-up

9 Responses to Natalie Dormer’s Vintage Inspired Floral Look For Royal Ascot Ladies Day

1. Jess Mara June 24, 2019 at 4:33 am #

Shame that this will go down and one of the worst dressed when she looks divine from the neck up! What a shame this dress aged her so much.

2. Phee phee June 21, 2019 at 11:45 am #

I love the neck up. The hat, earrings, makeup, and hairstyle are awesome.
    Even the bag is great.
    The dress is the problem. Its dowdy, dreary, and so not ‘her’.

3. CharlotteLG June 21, 2019 at 11:16 am #

Nothing works. This looks is way too busy and it looks like she’s wearing a costume, trying to looks like an old lady.

4. Guest June 21, 2019 at 10:44 am #

This is a tie for WDOTW with Rihanna.

• WhiteLady June 21, 2019 at 2:04 pm #

Sorry but I believe Rihanna’s is much, much worse (even if I don’t like this)

• Guest June 22, 2019 at 1:08 am #

Agreed – This might not be great but Rihanna’s is in a category of bad all on its own.

5. WhiteLady June 21, 2019 at 10:38 am #

Agreed with you that it ages her.
    It’s a pity since she looks lovely from the neck up (as you said) and I love the syling as well (sandals and bag).
    There’s however something that makes me hate that dress, I think it’s that drab green (autumn-fall colour scheme) on a summery ocasion and also the weird fitting that makes her look like she has no waist at all.
    Edit: looking at it again, it might be a clash between the colours and her super pale complexion, I can’t help but think it would have looked a lot better on Olivia Munn for example.

6. Guest June 21, 2019 at 9:55 am #

Normally, I think hair up works better with hats, but I am swept away by Natalie’s head styling. I actually love the dress colors and the complementary pop of those orange sandals. The dress itself is kinda fussy with draping, print, plus those sleeves etc. If the dress were a bit sleeker, maybe it would be less aging….

7. Guest June 21, 2019 at 9:52 am #

I’d have left this dress for Duchess Catherine or Christina Hendricks. Plus even with the styling this dress feels more Serpentine summer party or even polo more than an event that requires a hat.