Menu

June 15, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

2019 Vogue Film Gala

A host of well-dressed Asian actresses attended the Vogue Film gala on Monday (June 10), in Shanghai, China.

Zhang Ziyi: The ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’ actress presented a very visually appealing look. Her Givenchy Fall 2019 dress creates a rich floral fantasy with vibrant colours on this cheerful yet refined midi dress.  I adore the ruffled neckline.

Givenchy Fall 2019

Gwei Lun-Mei:   The actress makes suited dressing a modern affair with this beautifully tailored Olimpia Sanchis Fall 2019 white jumpsuit.  All seems pretty tame until you see the black train and sequin detail running down the leg.

Olimpia Sanchis Fall 2019

Angelababy: As much as I love the actress, this Dior Fall 2019 didn’t excite as much as the others on this red carpet.  There’s not even a delicious piece of jewelry to look at here.

Christian Dior Fall 2019

Gulnazar: The actress was the most intriguing on this red carpet wearing a look from Alexander McQueen’s Pre-Fall 2019 collection.  I love the draped train that gives us all the splendor and drama of a gown, and that she opted keep the blood-red trousers which couldn’t been easily diluted to something more safe like black.

Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2019

Du Juan: How could you not be captivated by the colourful flowers on Du Juan’s gorgeous Prada Fall 2019 frock?

Prada Fall 2019

, , , , ,

Tessa Thompson Brings Her 'Men In Black: International' Promo Tour Style To Build & SiriusXM

Tessa Thompson Brings Her ‘Men In Black: International’ Promo Tour Style To Build & SiriusXM

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

13 Responses to 2019 Vogue Film Gala

1. Guest June 17, 2019 at 6:50 pm #

Zhang Ziyi & Du Juan are really charming.

2. Sharon M June 16, 2019 at 11:30 am #

The first dress is gorgeous!

3. Phee phee June 15, 2019 at 5:36 pm #

Gulnazar and Zhang look terrific. They each have a touch of different in their looks that hold my interest.

4. Guest June 15, 2019 at 4:51 pm #

Super well dressed event. Zhang’s dress is lovely and I’d wear it in a heartbeat.

5. OGCaroline June 15, 2019 at 2:37 pm #

Honestly, I love all of these.

6. Guest June 15, 2019 at 2:23 pm #

All nice looks though I wish Zhang and Du were worn come fall, Gulnazar had worn coordinating sandals and Angelababy had on a dazzling necklace and Gwei had the pant legs hemmed a few mm.

7. ? June 15, 2019 at 1:47 pm #

I am so grateful for the diversity of events and countries covered in this blog! I always find myself enjoying and anticipating with excitement whenever an event from China, India, Spain etc is posted here!

I can’t remember a Chinese event that I didn’t really like the majority of the looks, and this one is no exception! And for some reason most of the times they look cohesive to me. Classy elegance with a modern touch.

anonymous as always

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards June 15, 2019 at 3:23 pm #

thanks Anon x

• ? June 15, 2019 at 3:33 pm #

It’s should be us thanking you for the hard work and dedication you put on this amazing blog! I have been following it for many years now (way before the hiatus) and it’s still my favourite.

lots of love and respect from a (anonymous) Greek fan ??

• Guest June 16, 2019 at 5:33 am #

I completely agree, and I appreciate that the posts still feel rooted in fashion appreciation. It never feels like a bunch of women from different nationalities get featured sporadically regardless of what they are wearing. You feel the awe and respect for the outfits, and most of the time, you see in the posts a long-term understanding of the person’s (the featured person) style.

8. Jerusa04 June 15, 2019 at 10:59 am #

Some better than others but over all this very polished and well dressed group of ladies here.

• Guest June 15, 2019 at 11:18 am #

I agree. Wish Zhang had worn the runway version but that’s just me nitpicking. All look very polished indeed.

• Guest June 15, 2019 at 11:36 am #

I think the ladies in east Asia are in general more polished and sharp in these kind of events. Though they might have the tendency to be a bit overly dressed from time to time.