Menu

June 10, 2019

2019 Tony Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Danai Gurira in Gucci - 2019 Tony Awards

There were many more celebrities to join the likes of Lucy Liu and Ruth Wilson on the red carpet for the 2019 Tony Awards held at Radio City Music Hall on Sunday (June 9) in New York City.

Danai Gurira:  I was very surprised by this.  Surprised that it is Gucci, and surprised that Danai opted to wear this.  Von Trapp drapes spring to mind. Fred Leighton jewels completed her look.

Vanessa Hudgens in Altuzarra - 2019 Tony Awards

Vanessa Hudgens: Had this Altuzarra Fall 2019 dress had been modified into a long gown, I would’ve been on board with this.

Audra McDonald in Halston - 2019 Tony Awards

Audra McDonald:  The multi-award winning actress kept things very simple in this Halston white draped gown.  The look was very elegant with a leopard print pumps completing her look.

Samira Wiley in Pamella Roland - 2019 Tony Awards

Samira Wiley:  This Pamella Roland gown is a great colour on Samira.  She doesn’t always catch my eye, but I love this look and the super chic styling.

Bee Shaffer & Anna Wintour in Givenchy - 2019 Tony Awards

Bee Shaffer Carrozzini:  The socialite added some intrigue to her surprisingly plain look with a rainbow clutch to celebrate Pride.

Anna Wintour: The Vogue editor usually opts for Chanel on big occasions, but she surprised me in this colourful Givenchy Fall 2019 look, which was presented as a knee length dress.

Karen Olivo in Alexander McQueen - 2019 Tony Awards

Karen Olivo:  I love how the lace imbues some sex appeal into Karen’s Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2018 suit.

Judith Light in Badgley Mischka  - 2019 Tony Awards

Judith Light: Even without the sequins on this Badgley Mischka Spring 2019 dress, Judith is always radiant.

Sara Bareilles in Oscar de la Renta - 2019 Tony Awards

Sara Bareilles: The singer was one of the few to opt for such a deep Fall-like hue in this Oscar de la Renta Fall 2019 dress.  I love the pattern, while finding myself swooning over the moodiness of it all.

Sophia Anne Caruso in Pamella Roland - 2019 Tony Awards

Sophia Anne Caruso: My Immediate thought was this Pamella Roland gown was the wrong colour choice for Sophia.

Sutton Foster in Luisa Beccaria - 2019 Tony Awards

Sutton Foster:  The actress opted  for simple, feminine elegance in Luisa Beccaria.

Ruth Wilson In Brandon Maxwell - 2019 Tony Awards

Ruth Wilson In Brandon Maxwell – 2019 Tony Awards

NET-A-PORTER Sale

NET-A-PORTER Sale

13 Responses to 2019 Tony Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. KseniaBradner June 11, 2019 at 10:24 pm #

Sara in Oscar is divine, burgundy is totally her color. Anna Wintour’s look is refreshing.

2. Guest June 11, 2019 at 11:26 am #

Judith Light is my y favorite. The grand dame of Broadway ❤️

3. Phee phee June 11, 2019 at 6:26 am #

Danais dress is unappealing. frumpy.
    Vaness looks good but more like she’s at the wrong event…like mtv music or whatever
    Samiras looks very cheap. like halloween costume cheap.
    Sophias is way too light for her tone.
    Anna looks silly. She cant ever get it right. Its the hair. It doesn’t match the vibe of the dress.

the fave here is Sara Bareilles. the color is delightful.

4. Guest June 10, 2019 at 11:13 pm #

I like Audra dress and Anna’s. They both look good. I am all for vintage inspired or retro looks but Danai looks like she stepped out of a different time and not in a good way.

5. Violet Delights June 10, 2019 at 9:05 pm #

Von Trapp drapes… I’m dying. Thanks for the Monday pickup Catherine!

Also wishing Sophia Anne Caruso wore a blush tone instead of that bland beige.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards June 11, 2019 at 8:29 am #

My pleasure x

• Paola102 June 13, 2019 at 4:30 pm #

“Von Trapp drapes spring to mind” I had the same thought and laughed out loud! Too funny!!

6. Guest June 10, 2019 at 7:53 pm #

Danai + custom Gucci sounds like a combo that should result in something much more exciting than… that.
    Most intrigued by Anna Wintour out of these, actually, that definitely is unexpected coming from her.

7. OGCaroline June 10, 2019 at 6:42 pm #

Also surprised to see Danai wearing Gucci and I hope she never does again. Audra and Samira look great.

8. Guest June 10, 2019 at 5:52 pm #

Anna Wintour looks great!

9. Guest June 10, 2019 at 5:35 pm #

I wish Danai had worn the dress Anna Wintour is wearing. Saying that I do like that Anna made an unexpected choice. I’m not sure if it’s the bodice plunge or the hair that is kinda putting off loving Samira’s look. Karen looks good.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards June 10, 2019 at 6:59 pm #

1000% agree. That would’ve been a much better fit.

10. Vizual Ninja June 10, 2019 at 5:17 pm #

That’s an ugly frock on Danai, face is gorgeous as always. Why Vanessa? I like the idea of Samira’ dress and the colour but the execution is sloppy, don’t like her shoe choice either. Audra & Sara look lovely