Menu

June 4, 2019

CFDA Fashion Awards 2019 Red Carpet Roundup

A host of models, socialites and actresses took to the red carpet at the 2019 CFDA Fashion Awards held at the Brooklyn Museum of Art on Monday (June 3)  in New York City, where they joined the likes of Jennifer Lopez, Laura Harrier and Diane Kruger.

Xiao Wen Ju: Even with the ‘Hector’ dog bag, I still love this Thom Browne look which stays true to the designers strong aesthetic. Sharp tailoring has always been at the forefront of any design, but I love how the look has a touch of femininity thanks to the string of pearls.

Alek Wek: The model wore a Rosie Assoulin Fall 2019 black dress that was all about volume and drama.

Bee Shaffer Carrozzini: The socialite didn’t change a habit of a lifetime, she stayed true to her favourite designer Alexander McQueen. This gave me a flash back to Rachel Weisz’s Alexander McQueen look from the ‘Spectre’ London Premiere After-Party

Amber Valletta: This Alexander McQueen look should be very familiar to you, as Fan Bingbing wore the same suit last month. Methinks Amber made this look a bit too busy with the studded clutch and the necklace. Giuseppe Zanotti shoes completed her look.

Ashley Graham: The model was giving me recent widow, who offed her cheating husband, and 50’s French glamour in this Christian Siriano custom black look styled with Andrea Wazen sandals.

Bella Hadid: I failed to get excited about Bella in this Michael Kors Collection Fall 2019 look, styled with Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

Halima Aden: The model rocked a head scarf to toe look from the Tommy Hilfiger x Zendaya Spring 2019 collection. The scarf sell the look to me, as the coat feels a bit too heavy for summer event.

Heidi Klum: The model wore a J. Mendel sparkling mini with her favourite jeweler Lorraine Schwartz, and Christian Louboutin ‘Body Strass’ pumps.

Joan Smalls: This Pyer Moss look almost feels way too casual for the event.

Karolina Kurkova: I’m getting some strong ’70s disco vibes from Karolina’s Tommy Hilfiger x Zendaya Spring 2019 jumpsuit. Jennifer Fisher jewels completed her look.

Maria Borges: This on-trend neon yellow Azeeza dress was all about showcasing legs, legs, legs. Giuseppe Zanotti sandals, a Jimmy Choo ‘Cloud’ clutch and Messika jewels completed the look.

Lili Reinhart: The actress wore a Carolina Herrera Resort 2020 sultry mini dress styled with Jimmy Choo’s signature ‘Minny’ sandals.

Lily Aldridge: A lady in red custom Brandon Maxwell. Lily was at her elegant best here.

Teyana Taylor: The singer was giving me Matador vibes in her Thom Browne outfit.

Martha Hunt: The yellow and gold of this Monique Lhuillier Spring 2020 gown didn’t gel well for me. I wish this was in a different fabrication. Jimmy Choo ‘Minny’ sandals proved to be just as popular here as they were with many others at this event.

Cindy Bruna: Considering this was the Fashion Awards, I wouldn’t say the matching opera gloves to her sequin Angelys Balek dress wasn’t too much.

Winnie Harlow: The model is never afraid of doing the most. On this occasion she rocked a Christian Siriano Fall 2019 feathered creation styled with rainbow hued Christian Louboutin ‘So Kate’ pumps. You weren’t fans of her Cannes run, so how does this look fare?

Credit: Getty

Tessa Thompson's Structural Elegance For The 'Men In Black: International' Paris Photocall

Tessa Thompson’s Structural Elegance For The ‘Men In Black: International’ Paris Photocall

Jennifer Lawrence Dons Dior For The 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' LA Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence Dons Dior For The ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ LA Premiere

20 Responses to CFDA Fashion Awards 2019 Red Carpet Roundup

1. MissCoco June 16, 2019 at 7:50 pm #

I looooove Maria Borges and that’s all. Lily running second by far.

2. Guest June 8, 2019 at 1:09 pm #

Alek and Lily!
    Jaw dropping

3. OGCaroline June 5, 2019 at 1:11 pm #

Bee, Amber, Bella, Lily and Winnie are my favourites here. Some of these are a mess.

4. Guest June 5, 2019 at 12:46 pm #

One again, Karolina shuts it down. I love that she committed to the Studio 54 vibe of that jumpsuit.

5. Guest June 5, 2019 at 12:40 pm #

Lily for BDOTW!

6. Pavement Frippery June 5, 2019 at 10:16 am #

Looks like Bee Shaffer Carrozzini is re-wearing her bridesmaid’s dress from Selby Drummond’s wedding. How beautiful it is!

7. Catarina_M June 5, 2019 at 9:05 am #

Alek, Ashley and Lily wins it for me.

8. CharlotteLG June 5, 2019 at 6:50 am #

Ashley Graham looks spectacular!

9. Guest June 5, 2019 at 6:21 am #

Alek, Bee, and Lily are the only ones I like from this set. Lily looks especially gorgeous – she’s channeling serious Maria Callas vibes.

10. Charlotte2019 June 5, 2019 at 2:46 am #

Lily is wins with no doubt

11. Jess Mara June 5, 2019 at 12:34 am #

Another red carpet full of models with no style or taste. Lily looks lovely and gets a pass for the level of sophistication she brought.
    Bella looks like shes digging through the 90’s prom hairstyles looks again.
    Cindy and Karolina looks like their off to a disco halloween party.
    Joan’s not going to that party cause shes off to the pub and Ashley’s off to her husbands funeral – that she offed as you said Catherine.
    And as for winnie – not even those stunning Louboutins could save her look from going down as tragic. And dont get me started on the dog bag!!!!

12. Guest June 5, 2019 at 12:04 am #

Xiao, Bee (I really want the dress) and Lily are my favourites here. I love Amber’s suit but wish she had removed the accessories. Ashley theatrical look is fun but chic and nice that she isn’t doing her usual ‘sexy’ dressing. I think Alex dress looks like a mix of black with navy train which puts me off a bit.

13. HighPriestess June 4, 2019 at 11:35 pm #

What a tragic red carpet. All over the place and no outstanding look.

Lily Aldridge is the best of the bunch.

14. Guest June 4, 2019 at 11:33 pm #

There is a fabulous phot of Alex in that dress with the train flying behind her and it looks fabulous. Most of the models are wearing fug fashion.

15. Guest June 4, 2019 at 11:02 pm #

Ashley looks amazing and so does Amber. I actually prefer how she wore the suit even if the styling is almost the same as the lookbook. Lily looks really elegant .

16. Guest June 4, 2019 at 10:30 pm #

Lily looks gorgeous in that red dress. So elegant. Ashley Graham looks freaking amazing. It’s very Dynasty and very great. And I never like anything she wears either. She looks beautiful.

17. Vizual Ninja June 4, 2019 at 10:13 pm #

This carpet was all over the place. I only really like Lily here, she’s the odd one out but seems to be the most appropriately dressed.

18. Phee phee June 4, 2019 at 10:09 pm #

Lily Aldridge looks amazing. so much class and elegance. Im not usually a fan of that elastic neckline…..but she really makes it work fabulously. great color for her too.

Karolina looks sharp but its too disco night club for this event.
    Ashleys look doesn’t feel authentic. I think only Dita could pull that look off.
    Halimas would of been great for winter.
    Aleks has way too much fabric being dragged around. Its a mess.
    Winnies looks cheap costume.
    Marthas is quite pretty though. I like the flow of it. Interesting fabric.
    the rest is meh.

19. KseniaBradner June 4, 2019 at 9:41 pm #

Alek, Xiao and Lily Aldridge for the win.

20. Guest June 4, 2019 at 9:36 pm #

My favorites are Xiao and Lily. Can’t make up my mind about Karolina’s jumpsuit and whether or not she’s making it work.