Menu

‘Oh Mercy!’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

The ‘Oh Mercy’ premiere during the 2019 Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday (May 22) would not be without its own bevy of model beauties on the red carpet. So far, many of the models’ looks at Cannes have fallen flat — at best — with you all. Let’s see how these fare.

Natasha Poly: I actually loved the extravagance of this glinting Atelier Versace Fall 2018 gown and its elaborate, embroidered train… from the back. I was less excited about it from the front, with the bunched-up-bedspread look — it wasn’t as crisp and sleek as we saw on the runway —and the twisted sash. Her hair and makeup were undeniably gorgeous with Versace sandals to complete the look.

Atelier Versace Fall 2018

Adriana Lima: This was a simple, slit column gown. But, I was immediately mesmerized by the sapphire hue of the custom Michael Kors Collection piece that was styled with matching jewels from Chopard. It was all particularly striking with Adriana’s jet-black strands and crimson lip. The Christian Louboutin ‘Antinorina Strass’ pumps from the Fall 2019 collection were a unique departure from the norm — and for that, I will applaud them, even if they seemed a bit mismatched here.

Winnie Harlow: The model was slightly more clothed than her last time out in this Ralph & Russo Spring 2019 Couture design. With the reptilian effect of the center crystallized panel and alligator belt, it was meant to walk on the wild side. But, the panel presented an awkward shape and silhouette for the gown, so that was one of my biggest qualms with the look.

Ralph & Russo Spring 2019 Couture

Josephine Skriver: This Ashi Studio 2019 Capsule Collection look was utterly pristine. I wish the pants didn’t have the creases, but the flowing, backless cape was a lovely distraction to which the model fully embellished with emerald jewels cascading down her back.

Ashi Studio 2019 Capsule Collection

Lala Trussardi Rudge: Speaking of emerald jewels, this Chopard necklace was just as bold and beautiful as the custom Etro ball gown. The contrast of green and red is striking; Christmas in July clearly also came early.

Noel Berry: This Zuhair Murad Spring 2019 Couture design is a black rubbish bag’s dream transformation from trash bin to beautiful ball gown.

Zuhair Murad Spring 2019 Couture

Marina Ruy Barbosa: Mariana was also wearing a custom Etro design, and this strapless column gown relied on the radiant dark rose gold palette of shimmering sequins for utmost impact with Chopard jewels to match. It was a sublime colour on her.

Alina Baikova: Short and sassy and ready to party, this Zuhair Murad Spring 2019 Couture dimensional mini was darling. But, was it right for the Cannes red carpet?

Zuhair Murad Spring 2019 Couture

, , ,

Stacy Martin In Louis Vuitton - ‘Oh Mercy!’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Stacy Martin In Louis Vuitton – ‘Oh Mercy!’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' London Press Event

‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ London Press Event

24 Responses to ‘Oh Mercy!’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest May 24, 2019 at 11:24 pm #

Adriana’s dress is nothing outstanding but the color is beautiful and I love the earrings.
    Winnie’s look is mind-bogging. Very unflattering.
    Marina is a jewel. Love it

2. OGCaroline May 24, 2019 at 1:48 pm #

Adriana is the true definition of Femme Fatale.

3. Guest May 23, 2019 at 5:58 pm #

Marina’s Etro dress is glorious. She’s my favorite here by far.

4. Guest May 23, 2019 at 5:54 pm #

I like Natasha and Lala.
    I love Natasha, but she need to stop with the beadspread look. I love it the first the time she did it at Cannes, but it might get boring.

5. Guest May 23, 2019 at 5:14 pm #

Adrianna is a classic beauty and the best of the bunch IMO. Winnie’s dress is her usual sheer fug and her attitude is annoying. The rest are meh.

6. Charlotte2019 May 23, 2019 at 1:46 pm #

Winnie Harlow….the definition of thirst trap.why is she even there?

Ariana looked smoldering hot in that lapis blue,it really hugged all the best parts of her figure.

7. Jess Mara May 23, 2019 at 1:46 pm #

Adriana looks divine in the blue sequins but I wish she had gone with a different shoe.

Marina looks great in that colour.
    As for the rest OMG Winnie looks like a mess yet again, in fact I don’t think she has one good look this entire week..

8. alvarospain May 23, 2019 at 11:48 am #

Natasha, Lala and Josephine ???

9. Guest May 23, 2019 at 9:40 am #

Sequinned column gowns ftw, love the blue Kors and the rose Etro. Lima’s shoes and Angelina pose almost ruin the sleek beauty of the Kors though.

10. _Hannah_ May 23, 2019 at 9:30 am #

I do like the looks of Adriana, Josephina and Mariana. Winnie looks like she has a dead lizzard stuck to her dress – big no. The rest is not very exciting imo.

11. Ax May 23, 2019 at 9:22 am #

winnie just seems to try too hard and comes off looking tacky at most of her outings. every outing doesn’t warrant skin show girl!

12. Guest May 23, 2019 at 8:58 am #

I wish Adriana shoes were a matching blue, the rest is stunning even if not new. I recognise the trash bag couture comparison but I really like Noel’s look because of the fabric used. Josephine looks nice, I like that a model went took a different approach though *ducks* Lea has my favourite pants look.
    Winnie is in forever thirsty for attention mode. I love the colour pairing on Marina and fit is superb. I’m indifferent about the others.

13. Guest May 23, 2019 at 8:33 am #

I love Adriana (what an amazing colour) and Lala’s dress is amazing albeit simple. Not sure I like the shape of the necklace.

Josephine also looks good. The rest is a no. Especially that figure skaters dress and Winnie’s thing.

14. Guest May 23, 2019 at 7:02 am #

I was hoping you’d feature Izabel Goulart; she looked pretty good (if nothing memorable, it’s 2019 Cannes afterall) in a wine tulle dress. Again, nothing groundbreaking, but quite a departure from her usual high slit, see-trough choices.

Please don’t take this as a complaint, it’s being such a fun and wonderful coverage of an event waaaay unworthy of your dedication.

15. Guest May 23, 2019 at 7:02 am #

I’ve decided to forgive creases on the pants in the front because I LOVED Josephine’s look from the back.

The jewles and hair&make-up perfectly complemented this look.

16. CharlotteLG May 23, 2019 at 6:42 am #

Well, glad the models were at Cannes this year, they were the ones keeping thing interesting.

17. Guest May 23, 2019 at 5:17 am #

Not quite exciting on Cannes scale, but Marina looks perfect – beautiful color, gorgeous silhouette, and on-point styling.

18. Vizual Ninja May 23, 2019 at 5:10 am #

It looks like someone randomly wrapped some vintage drapes around Natasha. Adriana’ look is a little dated but that blue is gorgeous on her. And it’s a shame Noel gown wasn’t the same shade as it is on the runway, totally agree with the trash bag comment, black isn’t the right colour for that dress. Josephine is the only star here to me.

19. Phee phee May 23, 2019 at 4:59 am #

Winnie simply has no fashion sense. sorry, I abhor her style. It always read desperate.

Adriana looks wonderful in her blue. I wish she continued the blue in her shoes.

the others are meh to blah.

• Guest May 23, 2019 at 12:33 pm #

Winnie always looks shes here to fight. Always trying to prove a point! like we get it- you’re a ”model”.

• Charlotte2019 May 23, 2019 at 1:51 pm #

Did you see the interview she had with Andy Cohen where she said ANTM and Tyra did nothing to her career and she is a self-made “super model”. IMO she gets all her jobs for Political correctness, ie. her skin condition.

• Guest May 23, 2019 at 5:12 pm #

I agree. We all know why she’s a model. I can’t stand her and her naked dresses.

20. SarahS95 May 23, 2019 at 4:56 am #

Adriana and Josephine are my favourites here! I love the detail of the emerald on the back with Josephine, and that colour on Adriana is to die for

The rest range from disaster (Winnie) to beautiful but forgettable (Marina).

Who’s going to sit all the models down and let them know it’s their literal job to show up to events looking good???

• Guest May 23, 2019 at 7:34 am #

It’s their stylists who should be sat down. 🙂