Menu

May 23, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Dua Lipa In Valentino Haute Couture – amfAR Cannes Gala 2019

Dua Lipa In Valentino Haute Couture - amfAR Cannes Gala 2019

Dua Lipa attended the amfAR Cannes Gala 2019 held at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc on Thursday (May 23) in Cap d’Antibes, and no, she wasn’t wearing Giambattista Valli x H&M.

The British singer has never been afraid to wear a powerful look, and that’s what she delivered on the amfAR red carpet wearing a Valentino Spring 2019 Haute Couture look.

Destined to turn heads due to its sheer volume alone, this Valentino gown offers intriguing take on contemporary evening style.

While the asymmetrical neckline with a necklace is one of my biggest bug-bears, I’m kinda too distracted by the dazzling finish of a flutter of feathers, which no doubt moved beautifully.

Valentino Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , ,

H.E.R. In Giambattista Valli x H&M – amfAR Cannes Gala 2019

H.E.R. In Giambattista Valli x H&M – amfAR Cannes Gala 2019

Nina Dobrev In Christian Dior - amfAR Cannes Gala 2019

Nina Dobrev In Christian Dior – amfAR Cannes Gala 2019

17 Responses to Dua Lipa In Valentino Haute Couture – amfAR Cannes Gala 2019

1. Guest May 27, 2019 at 5:54 pm #

no matter what dua lipa wears i will never like or remember it because she refuses to stop slouching. Terrible posture, overcooked accessories.

2. Guest May 24, 2019 at 11:16 am #

Gaga did it better last year. She does look good and red suits her, but no wow factor.

3. Jess Mara May 24, 2019 at 1:06 am #

Wow what a stunning dress with all those feathers and ruffles. I do. Feel like she felt overwhelmed in it as she’s unnecessarily trying to show some leg with that split. I also don’t think I can forgive the necklace with that neckline.

4. Guest May 24, 2019 at 12:54 am #

I love it. Her slicked-back dark hair makes the red really pop.

5. Phee phee May 23, 2019 at 11:57 pm #

I think the feathers with all the ruffles are just too much. She’s overwhelmed by it.
    I cannot stand that neckline with a necklace. So unnecessary. I will never understand why stylists still think that is a good idea.
    Its a no.

6. lmkw May 23, 2019 at 11:42 pm #

I love this from the waist down but the one shoulder massive ruffles are just too much. If they had tamed that a little it would have been BDOTW worthy.

7. Vizual Ninja May 23, 2019 at 11:39 pm #

I think she’s pulling it off, which isn’t easy for a dress like this.

8. Guest May 23, 2019 at 11:39 pm #

Yawn. Another poofy dress swallowing up the wearer.

9. Guest May 23, 2019 at 11:11 pm #

Who else thinks we are seeing ruffles and feathers way toooo often ? They are beautiful but I am tired of them. If you are bringing them be a bit innovative like Aishwariya did or just bring something else. Tired of silk taffeta or similar fabric used in cupcake like dresses too. Is novelty in design/styling too much to ask for these days?

• Guest May 23, 2019 at 11:17 pm #

If celebrities don’t get innovative I might have to even consider the horror of siding with Marion. Even “NEW” bad things will seem welcome than good old “REPETATIVE” ones

10. Guest May 23, 2019 at 11:04 pm #

Such a gorgeous gown!! Someone with a bigger presence should’ve worn it to a red carpet premier. It would’ve been amazing! What a wasted opportunity 🙁

11. NZ May 23, 2019 at 10:20 pm #

I like it. It looks really good on her.

12. Guest May 23, 2019 at 9:48 pm #

She just doesn’t bring a personality to it that would make this at all memorable. Imagine it on Karolina Kurkova, it would just have something…. more… to it.

• Guest May 23, 2019 at 11:39 pm #

Karolina would have worked this fabulously.

13. Guest May 23, 2019 at 9:43 pm #

I’m actually on board with this big feathery confection. She has the vibe to not make it too Princess-y. LOVE!

14. Guest May 23, 2019 at 9:17 pm #

I don’t know if the slit was in the runway dress but I preferred it without but forgetting about it I do really like the look on her. She wasn’t who I envisaged for this but she marriages cool, glam popstar vibe with the elegance of the design.

15. Guest May 23, 2019 at 9:12 pm #

The dress doesn’t belong to her. She’s swimming in it. She isn’t carrying it well.