Menu

May 17, 2019 Premiere

‘Rocketman’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Bella Hadid in Christian Dior Spring 2018 Haute Couture + Christian Louboutin 'Degrastrass' pumps

The models were out in force for the ‘Rocketman’ Cannes Film Festival premiere on Thursday (May 16) in France.

Bella Hadid: We all know that Bella loves a nearly naked moment, so I loved seeing the softer side of Bella in this delicate tulle Christian Dior Spring 2018 Haute Couture gown styled with Christian Louboutin ‘Degrastrass’ pumps. Sheer though it were, the dress still had a blushing innocence to it.

Isabeli Fontana: Etro isn’t always a name we’d expect to see on the Cannes red carpet, but they have dominated it this year. And this look certainly made a name for itself, beginning and ending with the striking floral ball skirt. While it looks like she tied a whole bolt of fabric onto the pocketed, matching mini shorts underneath, I still loved the bigness and boldness of the voluminous train trailing behind her.

Praya Lundberg: Oozing with va-va-voom flair, Priya was certainly channeling Elizabeth Hurley in this red variation on the iconic Versace safety pin dress. I was all for Avakian’s new Tosca Collection diamond earrings and matching ring. But, she lost me a bit at the platform sandals.

Rita Sririta Jensen in Michael Cinco Couture + Avakian jewels

Rita Sririta Jensen: Go big or go home is what I say about Cannes, and this Michael Cinco Couture jaw-dropper was a thrilling addition to the red-carpet lineup. I was captivated by the artistry of it all — it was sculpture, to say the least — with its undulating waves of lavender.

Maria Borges in Roberto Cavalli  + René Caovilla Ellabrita sandals

Maria Borges: The naked-dress trend had another moment at Cannes with this nude Roberto Cavalli embellished, feather-accented design paired with René Caovilla Ellabrita sandals.

Jessica Kahawaty in Giambattista Valli Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Jessica Kahawaty: The Lebanese model donned a Giambattista Valli Spring 2019 Haute Couture high-low, pouf-sleeve gown. I guess you could say it was cute, but it also translated as a bit twee and seemingly ill-fitted through the bodice.

Izabel Goulart in  Zuhair Murad Spring 2019 Couture + Chopard jewels

Izabel Goulart: Sure, this Zuhair Murad Spring 2019 Couture jumpsuit design didn’t have the same magnificent proportions as some of the Cannes gowns. But, I couldn’t help but be drawn to its dazzling gleam and the glamorous, streamlined effect with the slit variation on the pant leg. Chopard jewels and bombshell waves completed the stunning effect.

Eva Herzigova n Christian Dior  + Chopard jewels

Eva Herzigova: The ‘Rocketman’ movie is about Sir Elton John. So, maybe this Christian Dior Haute Couture embellished romper and sparkling tights, styled with Chopard jewels, were meant to reflect his glittery, OTT style?

Sara Sampaio in Rami Kadi  + Casadei

Sara Sampaio: Sara masqueraded as a disco ball to the red carpet in this reflective Rami Kadi design with Casadei pumps.

Gelila Bekele in Armani Prive

Gelila Bekele: It was clear that Gelila was having fun wearing this Armani Prive Spring 2019 bubblegum-pink gown with its layered twirl skirt and somewhat obnoxiously large corsage piece at the shoulder. But, it was translated as a bit dated and overly sweet for my liking.

Eva Longoria: Following her chic daytime look, the actress stepped on the red carpet again, this time wearing Cristina Ottaviano.  The dress may hail from the Fall 2019 collection, yet I’m sure many will say that this feels kinda dated.  Anything flattering, is a win for me.

Dita von Teese: I know many of you have grown tired of Dita’s style, which is why I don’t feature her as much, but there is no denying how beautiful she looks in this wispy Alexis Mabille Spring 2019 Haute Couture gown.  It’s classic DVT, right down the red lips and manicure.  I’m unsure how I feel about that her Chopard diamond necklace with heart-shaped vivid blue sapphires, but we all know Cannes requires larger than life jewels to match the gowns.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Li Yuchun 李宇春 In Gucci - ‘Rocketman’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Li Yuchun 李宇春 In Gucci – ‘Rocketman’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Naomi Scott Is A Pucci Princess For 'Aladdin' In Mexico City

Naomi Scott Is A Pucci Princess For ‘Aladdin’ In Mexico City

18 Responses to ‘Rocketman’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. MissCoco May 20, 2019 at 3:26 am #

Sara’s look is the homemade version of Iza’s look, right? “Please mom, please, I want Iza’s jumpsuit!” “Ok, but I’m not sure about the outcome”

2. Madwoman May 18, 2019 at 3:04 am #

Only Rita nailed this segment: fresh pretty face and fresh pretty ombre lavender ball gown. Bella wore something like Kendall’s Cannes gown from last last year, both remind me of my toilet brush. Goulart is effortless in looking like a senior citizen.

3. Guest May 17, 2019 at 2:55 pm #

Bella is going to turn into cat woman soon.

4. Phee phee May 17, 2019 at 1:38 pm #

Ritas is quite dramatic in a way I can appreciate…at Cannes. Love the lavender color. so pretty.
    Bellas dress is fine…not try hard which is excellent. but hair and makeup are really ageing her in unflattering way. The hair especially really takes the look down.
    Isabel does look lovely.
    Eva is on my WDOTY list. She looks like she forgot her bottom at home! And those tights!!! omg…she looks like she has thick fur on her thighs…its so yuck.
    Saras looks rather tinfoil-y but I love the cool vibe of it.

5. OGCaroline May 17, 2019 at 12:32 pm #

I adore Bella’s look. Heavenly. Praya had never looked sexier but Rita is otherwordly. She came to slay.

6. Guest May 17, 2019 at 10:24 am #

Eva, Izabel and Rita look great (all for different reasons, Rita is my queen of Cannes).

bella’s dress is pretty but wth happened to her head/hair? I’ve seem other photos and her head is gigantic with that flattened hair.

The rest is so bad and sullies the glorious Cannes RC. (Except for the Etro look, it’s pretty but I just hate the shorts/weird slab of fabric combo)

7. Guest May 17, 2019 at 8:42 am #

I like Dita dress but Cannes might not have been the best place for it.
    Eva is in a another win albeit dated again. Bella looks nice in something softer, less try-hard. I prefer the construction and style of Sara’s silver suit but the fabric used in Izabel’s silver suit.

8. Guest May 17, 2019 at 8:36 am #

Are Etro sponsoring the event?

• Charlotte2019 May 17, 2019 at 10:58 am #

I believe they have a showroom in Cannes this year and their PR team is really pushing it since the MET gala.

• Guest May 17, 2019 at 11:30 am #

Thanks for the info.

9. Guest May 17, 2019 at 8:20 am #

My favourites are Bella, Isabeli, Izabel and Eva.

10. Guest May 17, 2019 at 6:24 am #

So many beautiful women in so many ugly looks.

11. Guest May 17, 2019 at 5:22 am #

Bella looks stunning. And I can tolerate Izabel. But everyone else here looks terrible

12. Charlotte2019 May 17, 2019 at 4:41 am #

Izabel Goulart wins this whole shebang.such refined elegance and easy chicness.
    Question time: Is Praya’s safety pin dress a re-make of Elizabeth Hurley’s Versace dress from the 90’s? Has the house of Versace run out of ideas?

13. Mel4176 May 17, 2019 at 4:32 am #

I watched Diors Instagram Live video of Bella leaving for the premiere and all I could see was how horribly fitted the gown was. She was constantly touching the top and adjusting herself during the walk from her room to the car making sure that she didnt expose herself.

14. Guest May 17, 2019 at 4:31 am #

Rita’s gown – Wow (!) Cannes-worthy, and better than her big pink gown look from yesterday. And Izabel is perfect – chic and glamorous.

15. Guest May 17, 2019 at 4:20 am #

Izabel G (again) for me.

16. Guest May 17, 2019 at 4:11 am #

The best is Praya Lundberg (though ia I hate the platforms)

I also like both Sara Sampaio & Izabel Goulart.

My least favorites would be Gelila, Eva & Jessica, all three looks would look so much better on someone younger since they all scream “twee”.