Menu

March 30, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Jessica Chastain Has Another Moment In Royal Blue At Goldene Kamera 2019

Jessica Chastain In Elie Saab Haute Couture - Goldene Kamera 2019

Jessica Chastain was in Berlin, Germany for the 2019 Golden Camera Awards this evening (March 30), where she picked up the Best International Actress Award.

My first reaction?

I wasn’t ready.

Usually this level of godliness is reserved for Met Gala or Cannes Film Festival, but the actress was ready to bring the drama now in Elie Saab Spring 2019 Haute Couture.

The strapless gown featuring an asymmetrical bodice and high slit is a look that will live long in the memory for its electrifying shade of blue, resulting in a statement-making piece.

This was old Hollywood glamour done in the most sophisticated and modern way, with emerald and diamond Piaget jewels providing an interesting contrast, when sapphire would’ve been a more obvious choice.

I’m not penciling in this look to my BDOTY list, I’m writing it down with a Sharpie.

You may remember Jessica’s last royal blue moment came courtesy of Atelier Versace at Cannes Film Festival and Roland Mouret at the 2013 BAFTAs.

René Caovilla sandals completed her look.

Elie Saab Spring 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Jens Hartmann/REX/Shutterstock & Vogue.com

, , , ,

Julia Roberts Honors Rita Wilson At The Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony

Julia Roberts Honors Rita Wilson At The Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

28 Responses to Jessica Chastain Has Another Moment In Royal Blue At Goldene Kamera 2019

1. CreoleLady April 1, 2019 at 12:21 am #

Hmmm. Of the three looks, the 2013 Roland Mouret is still far and away my fave. The fit here just doesn’t compare. I like her hair and beauty but those shoes, nuh-uh. And I can’t believe I’m saying this (emeralds are my b’stone and I love blue with green) but I do not like the jewels. Combined with the shoes, the whole effect is uncomfortably close to garish to me.

2. kat March 31, 2019 at 9:04 pm #

Great gown ruined by horrible shows.

3. Sanya March 31, 2019 at 8:45 pm #

The colour of the dress is the same like a few years ago when she wore Atelier Versace

And although I prefer the Atelier Versace gown, I’m so glad to see her in this colour. She looks divine. The hair and jewelry are amazing. BDOTW.

4. eddie March 31, 2019 at 5:45 pm #

Her similarar blue ATELIER VERSACE (CANNES 2014). was better than this one.
    Anyway i like it.

• Catherine Kallon March 31, 2019 at 8:40 pm #

Thank you. this was EPIC

5. Caroline March 31, 2019 at 3:17 pm #

BDOTW for sure. Been missing moments like this.

6. eddie March 31, 2019 at 10:10 am #

Dear Catherine,
    how can you forget her blue ATELIER VERSACE moment in Cannes 2014.
    I think it was even on your BDOTY list. That was amazing ,this is just ok.

• Catherine Kallon March 31, 2019 at 8:38 pm #

OMG… I don’t know how. Thanks

7. Charlotte March 31, 2019 at 9:19 am #

All this heavy jewelry, the shoes and the hairstyle made this look a bid dated.
    I much prefer it on the model with no necklace and gold shoes.

• MW April 1, 2019 at 11:01 am #

+1 I looooove the dress on the model and really dislike how it was presented and how it fits on Jessica

8. Tina K March 31, 2019 at 8:49 am #

The colour and Jessica are the magic here. The dress looks haphazardly made, which is surprising because it’s Ellie Saab. Catherine I am surprised you didn’t mention her Versace at Cannes. That’s my favourite.

9. TeaAtTwo March 31, 2019 at 6:54 am #

I prefer the fit on the model. It looks like it needs to be altered for Jessica’s height. Of course the colour looks great with her colouring.

• TeaAtTwo March 31, 2019 at 12:38 pm #

The shoes look uber tacky and cheap.

• mimi April 1, 2019 at 4:31 am #

10. phee March 31, 2019 at 4:52 am #

mmm. ya im not overly excited.
    Its a good dress for her… nothing new seeming though.

the amount of slit seems a bit tacky. awful shoes.
    everything seems sooooo same ole.

nothing of the year, for sure…..its too ordinary for her.

11. Susie March 31, 2019 at 4:47 am #

I knew you would love this one Catherine – your passion for this shade of electric blue is unwavering 🙂

Me, I’m not terribly impressed by the structure of the gown & how it’s pooling awkwardly to one side. The jewelry is bomb though.

12. VG March 31, 2019 at 4:15 am #

When I first saw these photos I thought they were from a few years ago. I mean, Jessica has worn something similar before. It’s nothing new and yes, the gown is outdated. The shoes are hideous too.
    I like the jewellery and beauty look though.

13. weiss March 31, 2019 at 3:59 am #

I don’t like it, I don’t know why but there is something about the slit that bothers me . I prefer this look from 2014:

• Catherine Kallon March 31, 2019 at 8:40 pm #

thank you. Can’t believe I forgot this one

14. brat March 31, 2019 at 3:20 am #

I think the word dated is overused on this site. But I’m going to use it now. She wears it well enough and the color is electrifying. Other than that I’m completely unmoved. I especially dislike the necklace and shoe choice. I wouldn’t even vote for her in the BDOTW poll.

• JHH March 31, 2019 at 2:00 pm #

• Lashae April 1, 2019 at 9:30 am #

15. Real Nat39 March 31, 2019 at 3:13 am #

OMG!! BDOTY worthy big time!! The color, the structure, the jewels, the beauty look …O YES!! Full package.

• Real Nat39 March 31, 2019 at 3:25 am #

..and I’m not missing that belt – it would’ve been an excessive accent considering her stunning statement necklace.

• Real Nat39 March 31, 2019 at 3:34 am #

..and I think Jessica’s presentation actually elevates the runway gown to new heights!

16. annna March 31, 2019 at 2:42 am #

The bodice doesn’t fit and the shoes are ugly.

17. jessicamara March 31, 2019 at 2:31 am #

my first reaction was wow and then I “i miss the belt”.

still BDOTW though

18. aa March 31, 2019 at 2:08 am #

She looks amazing! I would have liked to see her wear the runway belt though.

I also adore her hair, makeup, and jewelry. BDOTW- worthy for me.