Menu

February 20, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

EMILY’s List 2nd Annual Pre-Oscars Event

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features EMILY's List 2nd Annual Pre-Oscars Event

The Oscars celebrations have gotten underway with celebrities stepping out at EMILY’s List 2nd Annual Pre-Oscars event on Tuesday (February 19) in Los Angeles, California.

Olivia Munn: The classic windowpane check of her Rebecca Vallance Resort 2019 ensemble was given a fashionable update with the flared trousers and cropped top. The slightest tweaking of the proportions would have led to a sharper finish.

Minka Kelly: The actress brought together unexpected muted tones with her Ports coat, Peggy Hartanto top and trousers, Le Silia boots and Black Sea clutch. It’s a standout combination and it has a unified 1970s air without looking dated.

Rebecca Vallance Resort 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Emma Watson In ALEXACHUNG - G7 Equality Meeting

Emma Watson In ALEXACHUNG – G7 Equality Meeting

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Vanity Fair And L'Oréal Paris Celebrate New Hollywood

Vanity Fair And L’Oréal Paris Celebrate New Hollywood

8 Responses to EMILY’s List 2nd Annual Pre-Oscars Event

1. brat February 21, 2019 at 7:16 am #

I don’t like culottes but Minka is looking so effortless. I love Olivia’s suit but maybe she should have worn it buttoned up? It’s everything on the model.

2. Jas February 21, 2019 at 1:39 am #

Olivia’s pants are too tight. The style stumps her as well.
    I really like Minka’s outfit – the colour palette is perfect for autumn/winter and I love the styling.

3. Bee February 20, 2019 at 11:24 pm #

How similar they are. I do not like Minka’s look at all. No one should wear culottes. Ugly colour, trying too hard with this. Her hair should be more polished to carry this off better. Not a look I like.

4. Jess February 20, 2019 at 9:09 pm #

Olivia’s pants are too tight based on the creasing. The pattern is quite nice.

Minka looks particularly stylish even though that mustard color isn’t the best on her imo.

5. TeaAtTwo February 20, 2019 at 8:38 pm #

I like Olivia’s suit but prefer it as worn and styled on the model. I think I would put a powder pink clutch with Minka’s look but it’s a cool retro influenced outfit

6. phee February 20, 2019 at 6:56 pm #

I like Minkas boots, clutch, and coat but not the top and bottom. Culottes are weird.
    Olivias does look sloppy. I like the lookbook version of it but on her it looks not good.

7. Caroline February 20, 2019 at 4:59 pm #

No and no.

8. JHH February 20, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

It looks like Olivia Munn is between sizes in this brand and she opted for the smaller size — bad decision. This is too tight. Minka’s suit and coat are great. I am not feel the top and culottes because that looks a touch sloppy to me and I would prefer a different color.