Menu

February 19, 2019 Sidewalk Style

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Courrèges Haute Couture – Out In New York City

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Meghan Markle In Courrèges Haute Couture - Out In New York City

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex cradled her bump as she stepped out of a New York hotel en route to her baby shower today (February 19), alongside her girlfriend Abigail Spencer.

Abigal is just of the many celebrities expected to be in attendance, along with Serena Williams, Priyanka Chopra and Sarah Rafferty plus her mother Doria Ragland and stylist Jessica Mulroney.

The Duchess kept her look low-key casual wearing her staple Hatch Denim jeans and Stuart Weitzman nude pumps, along with a 1965 Courrèges Haute Couture black trapeze coat.

The piece may not strike you as being Haute Couture, but as we are swiftly learning, the Duchess likes to include high-end pieces into her wardrobe that creates a modern, wearable look.

This was an incredibly chic way to dress her bump. I adore this look from head-to-toe.

A Carolina Herrera tote plus Pippa Small jewels and movie-star shades completed her look.

Credit: Getty

, , ,

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Teen Vogue's 2019 Young Hollywood Party

Teen Vogue’s 2019 Young Hollywood Party

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Bella Hadid In Versace - Bvlgari B.ZERO1 XX Anniversary Global Launch

Bella Hadid In Versace – Bvlgari B.ZERO1 XX Anniversary Global Launch

26 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Courrèges Haute Couture – Out In New York City

1. Amy February 21, 2019 at 11:09 am #

She looks nice and relax.

2. Susannah February 20, 2019 at 3:50 pm #

I love that coat, looks like something Jackie Kennedy would have worn during her pregnancies. It’s comfortable but sophisticated.

3. SilentVisitor February 20, 2019 at 11:34 am #

Incredibly chic look……I especially love the coat and shade

Where can I get that coat?

4. MW February 20, 2019 at 11:24 am #

The coat looks like it comes from her grandmother-in-law’s closet and the shoes are uninspired.

I do agree that in theory this is a nice way of dressing a bum.

5. Nat123 February 20, 2019 at 1:08 am #

Finally a look I have nothing to complain about. I think this is her best look so far. It is simple and chic.

6. Laura February 19, 2019 at 11:59 pm #

Great look head to toe – especially the coat and sunglasses.

• bisbee February 20, 2019 at 12:23 pm #

I love it. To those who don’t like the coat…is it possible to acknowledge that Meghan’s taste may differ from yours, but is just as valid?

7. brat February 19, 2019 at 11:13 pm #

I’m trying to see what everyone loves about the coat, but I don’t like anything about it. Nothing about it says haute couture. Maybe it’s the way she styled it, but no, all her other separates are simple and classic. It’s the coat, my least favorite coat in her closet.

• Allison February 20, 2019 at 12:17 am #

She looks fine but quite frankly, I’m not sure what is “incredible chic” about what she is wearing. She is wearing a black coat, black jeans and nude heels. As you said, this isn’t even her best coat.

• meme February 20, 2019 at 1:11 am #

• brat February 20, 2019 at 3:39 am #

I adore vintage fashion. Half of the appeal of period dramas are the clothes.

Everyone on this post is saying this coat is amazing and I’m just sitting here like “It is?”

• Dell February 20, 2019 at 8:49 am #

So to be clear you don’t have a problem with the coat you have a problem with other people liking the coat more than you.

Why do Meghan’s posts have to be like this??

• meme February 20, 2019 at 1:27 pm #

Why do you have to comment on someone else’s comment? That’s part of the problem. So what if Brat doesn’t like the coat?

• Dell February 20, 2019 at 4:09 pm #

The problem is the constant stream of unnecessary criticism on every one of her posts.

• Jess February 20, 2019 at 9:05 pm #

How was brat criticizing anything? He asked why do people like her coat. Is he not allowed to ask that? He then said he doesn’t like the coat. Is he not allowed to say that?

• meme February 21, 2019 at 3:09 am #

Just stop. Not everyone has to like what she wears.

• brat February 20, 2019 at 4:44 pm #

The only “problem” is on your end. I think the coat looks grandma chic and thus am surprised to find it well-received. Meghan posts have to be this way because of people like you. Who the hell are you to decide that my opinion is unnecessary. And then self-importantly inform me of your “unnecessary” opinion, see how that works? It’s a coat, find a more worthy hill to die on.

I SAID WHAT I SAID. PERIODT.

• meme February 21, 2019 at 3:08 am #

8. Vizual Ninja February 19, 2019 at 10:41 pm #

Very chic maternity look, love the coat.

9. CreoleLady February 19, 2019 at 10:19 pm #

Relaxed and chic. Love, esp the coat.

10. Hannah February 19, 2019 at 10:17 pm #

What an amazing coat! beautiful look.

11. TeaAtTwo February 19, 2019 at 10:06 pm #

I want to change the shade of the bag and pumps.

12. Jess February 19, 2019 at 10:00 pm #

She looks fine and her hair looks quite nice in this picture. Big fan of Abigail’s dress.

Note: Doria was photographed today in LA so I don’t believe she will be there, although I stand to be corrected by the media.

• justme February 19, 2019 at 10:36 pm #

Yes, her mom is in LA. But Meghan is having another baby shower in London later this month, I’ll suspect her mom will attend that one.

Re : fashion, I really covet that coat.

• Jess February 20, 2019 at 12:18 am #

Is her London baby shower confirmed? Looking forward to the fashion there! Hopefully Priyanka too as she just confirmed she is in LA right now so not at this NY baby shower.

• justme February 20, 2019 at 12:27 am #

It’s not officially confirmed but the info comes from a reporter who I’ve long suspected is in contact with the Sussex camp. So I’m 90% sure a London baby shower is happening.
          I doubt we’ll get pictures of that one though.