Menu

January 29, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Zawe Ashton In Roksanda – ‘Velvet Buzzsaw’ Sundance Film Festival & LA Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Zawe Ashton In Roksanda -  'Velvet Buzzsaw' Sundance Film Festival & LA Premiere

Zawe Ashton was back on the red carpet for Dan Gilroy’s American horror film made for Netflix, ‘Velvet Buzzsaw.’

Sundance Film Festival Premiere: As we all know, Sundance is really all about outerwear. You crack that, and you’ll survive. But Zawe opted to bring some glamour to Utah wearing a Roksanda Fall 2018 halter tulle gown accented with pailettes. Some might feel that she should’ve saved this for a grander occasion. But if your red carpet M.O. is glamour, take it everywhere you go.

LA Premiere: Looking at Zawe’s second look from Roksanda’s Spring 2019 collection, some might be scratching their heads wondering why she didn’t save her Sundance dress for the LA premiere. And I would partially agree. My feeling is this draped gown wouldn’t have worked so well under the confines of a coat. The beauty in this dress, is to see it in all its glory.

Roksanda Belted Double Breasted Coat

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Demi Moore In Derek Lam - The Vulture Spot At Sundance

Demi Moore In Derek Lam – The Vulture Spot At Sundance

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Nicole Kidman In Ermanno Scervino - 'Destroyer' Australian Premiere

Nicole Kidman In Ermanno Scervino – ‘Destroyer’ Sydney Premiere

9 Responses to Zawe Ashton In Roksanda – ‘Velvet Buzzsaw’ Sundance Film Festival & LA Premiere

1. phee January 30, 2019 at 4:10 am #

the second look is interesting. I can okay that one. Its flowy.
    The first is just a mess with the coat over the dress. Both fine as separate pieces but didn’t need to be together.

2. Nadine January 29, 2019 at 10:54 pm #

Loving the first, a modern day Carole Lombard or Kate Hepburn look.

3. CreoleLady January 29, 2019 at 8:58 pm #

Both dresses deserve to stand alone although I love that coat. Nice choices, def keeps me interested in what she might try next.

4. Chris January 29, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I really like both, they’re very interesting and she’s pulling them off.

5. Vizual Ninja January 29, 2019 at 7:38 pm #

I love the dress and the coat but just not together, they are fighting each other to me. I actually really like the second look..very distinctive dress and her minimal styling is the perfect approach, such a dress speaks for itself.

6. TeaAtTwo January 29, 2019 at 5:51 pm #

I’m not keen on the Roksanda dress and even less so when paired with that classic coat. The second look is feels modern and ethereal.

7. NZ January 29, 2019 at 3:18 pm #

I love both but prefer the first look. The dress and the coat are such a good combo.

8. meme January 29, 2019 at 2:58 pm #

The first outfit is gorgeous. Love the coat with the tulle gown. No wonder she didn’t “save” it?. I’d live in that coat. BDOTW candidate.

I appreciate that the second dress probably looks lovely in motion but I still don’t like it.

9. Charlotte January 29, 2019 at 2:57 pm #

I like the first look, the coat is gorgeous and it works perfectly with the dress.
    I don’t like the 2nd dress, the shape is pretty bad and the print is quite ugly.