Menu

24.12.18 Best Of, Menswear

Best Dressed Male Of The Year – Timothée Chalamet

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Best Dressed Male Of The Year – Timothée Chalamet

If I was Chadwick Boseman I would be feeling really hard done by, as Timothée Chalamet came along at the 11th hour and snagged the Best Dressed Male of the Year crown (which Chadwick had been wearing since January) after an impressive run promoting ‘Beautiful Boy’.

The young actor – who styles himself – went on an impressive run from September presenting suave looks from his favourite designers Haider Ackermann and Alexander McQueen, with a little bit of Louis Vuitton and Saint Laurent thrown into the mix.

I would’ve given this to Chadwick as his campaign was longer, but you, the jury have spoken.

Credit: Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Best Dressed Of The Year 2018

Best Dressed of 2018 – Readers’ Choice

Best Dressed Cast of the Year – ‘Black Panther’

Best Dressed Cast Of The Year – ‘Black Panther’

14 Responses to Best Dressed Male Of The Year – Timothée Chalamet

1. Onegin January 7, 2019 at 6:54 pm #

How far have we come from that purple jacket last year to that floral Alexander McQueen!

Now if only 99.99% of the other male celebs would get enlightened about men’s style…….

2. Onegin January 7, 2019 at 5:38 pm #

Both Timothee & Chadwick were two of the best so I’d be happy with either. I agree that Chadwick experimented more with shapes but I just love the Haider Ackermann creations on Timmy.

Although for me the actual best dressed males of the year outside of Hollywood were – Patrick Mason, Ranveer Singh & Karan Johar.

3. Gonçalo December 27, 2018 at 6:47 pm #

Timothee clearly desrved it! For me or ir was him or Rami Malek! Chadwick is really OVERATED tbh. He had impressive looks but he also had huge fails. Sorry

4. MG December 26, 2018 at 3:10 pm #

Surprised by the negativity in comments…

5. Chiliam December 26, 2018 at 6:46 am #

Im a fan of Timothee but clearly Chadwick deserves this

6. CreoleLady December 25, 2018 at 4:28 am #

Yeah, no. Agree with RealNat39 and weiss. Chadwick Boseman remains my king of the red carpet.

7. Real Nat39 December 25, 2018 at 1:51 am #

What can I say, Chadwick was plain robbed (despite the fact that Timothee’s Haider Ackermann and Alexander McQueen looks were indeed great).

8. Kevinappears December 25, 2018 at 12:48 am #

My vote went to Chadwick. He delivered more stronger looks than T this year to be fair.

9. EmmaWoodhouse December 24, 2018 at 11:37 pm #

1. Chadwick
    2. Timothee

I mean, strong showing from Timothee but this was Chadwick’s year!

10. weiss December 24, 2018 at 10:21 pm #

Timothee seems to always wear the same type of suit in a different print. Chadwick seems to experiment more with prints, fabrics and shapes. Both make menswear red carpet more interesting, so props to both and their stylists.

11. Chris December 24, 2018 at 10:16 pm #

I honestly think both Chadwick and Timothee are deserving. But I also have to say, Timothee definitely deserves some extra credit for dressing himself, while Chadwick is being dressed by a stylist.

12. Lashae December 24, 2018 at 10:11 pm #

Timothy had a really great year but this category is probably the most I’m disappointed since I definitely preferred Chadwick.

13. Caroline December 24, 2018 at 8:56 pm #

I voted for Chadwick Boseman as Timothee won last year but I’m still pretty content with the choice.

14. TeaAtTwo December 24, 2018 at 8:55 pm #

I voted Chadwick but knowing now that he styles himself gives him a slight preference though I still recognise the benefits of stylists. Timothee does a lot of slim fit suits but in interesting prints and or features and Chadwick wears a variety but often fully ripped from the runway looks.