Menu

06.12.18

Front Row @ Chanel Pre-Fall 2019

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the Front Row @ Chanel Pre-Fall 2019

The Chanel Pre-Fall 2019 fashion show took place at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City on Wednesday (December 5). The front row was a sight to behold with a range of breathtaking looks.

Margot Robbie: After wearing the designer to the ‘Mary Queen of Scots’ New York premiere, the Australian beauty donned a voluminous Chanel Spring 2019 dress. With its trapeze silhouette and frills it had a light-as-air feel, but the black helped ground the look and give it a more formal finish.

Penelope Cruz: The Spanish actress might not have had the easiest time sitting in this Chanel Pre-Fall 2017 gown but the feather-adorned style made a statement. She removed the delicate pink belt, but I’m curious to see how it would have looked with a darker style.

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the Front Row @ Chanel Pre-Fall 2019

Gwei Lun Mei: The Taiwanese actress looked effortlessly cool in Chanel Fall 2018 Act 1 collection. It was relaxed yet elegant and stood out against the grander ensembles because of its chic simplicity.

Sofia Coppola: The director doesn’t follow the fashion wave; she goes in her own direction so it’s always a delight to see what she will wear. This megawatt foiled Chanel Fall 2018 Haute Couture ensemble was a marvel. The two-tone shoes play into the contrasting piping and add sweetness to the opulent look.

Diane Kruger: Clad in Chanel Fall 2018 Haute Couture, the new mum showcased her eye for detail. Chanel Fine Jewelry accented the bedazzled trim including ‘Camélia’ rings and a ‘Comète’ earring in 18K white gold with diamonds. Part of me wishes she wore the coordinating ankle boots from the runway.

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the Front Row @ Chanel Pre-Fall 2019

Marion Cotillard: The French actress cut a chic figure in Chanel Spring 2019. It has an understated elegance but I’m not wholly convinced about the hair.

Julianne Moore: Wearing Chanel Spring 2018 Haute Couture, the actress projected a mod vibe. Chanel Fine Jewelry ‘Coco Crush’ earrings and a ‘Café Society’ bracelet in 18K white gold and diamonds added some sparkle to the sharp shapes.

Mackenzie Foy: The logo belt on her Chanel Spring 2019 dress added a playful finish against the sheer panels and frills.

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the Front Row @ Chanel Pre-Fall 2019

Teresa Palmer: She shed some layers to showcase the detail on this sheer Chanel Fall 2018 dress, but my eye is drawn to the lining as opposed to the embellishment. It doesn’t look like it’s sitting right. The look was previously worn by Margot Robbie.

Rowan Blanchard: The young actress put an elegant spin on logomania with her Chanel Spring 2019 Act 1 belted dress. She finished things off with Christian Louboutin ‘Eloise’ pumps, Chanel Fine Jewelry including a ‘Camélia’ ring, and ‘Ruban’ earrings and ring all in 18K white gold and diamonds.

Tessa Ia: The ‘Death Note’ actress was all wrapped up in a monochromatic Chanel Resort 2019 dress. It had interest from every angle thanks to the crisscross detail. The design of the bodice was echoed in the skirt’s pattern.

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the Front Row @ Chanel Pre-Fall 2019

Janelle Monae: Out of all the attendees, I would have expected the singer to embrace a monochromatic colour scheme the most. Yet, she departed in a Chanel Resort 2019 ensemble which was decorated with multicoloured embellishment. Everything was considered from the ribbon in her plait to the angle of her hat.

Blake Lively: Also marching to her own beat, the actress went for a show-stopping statement in Chanel Spring 2017 Haute Couture. The bedazzled dress and boots are something I envision Kim Kardashian in, but the addition of the cropped jacket brings a sporty, fashion-forward element that suits her aesthetic.

Credit: Courtesy of Chanel & Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the Natalie Portman In Christian Dior Haute Couture National Gallery of Victoria Gala

Natalie Portman In Christian Dior Haute Couture – National Gallery of Victoria Gala & ‘Vox Lux’ LA Premiere

'Mortal Engines' LA Premiere

‘Mortal Engines’ LA Premiere

19 Responses to Front Row @ Chanel Pre-Fall 2019

1. J December 8, 2018 at 10:07 pm #

Sarah Margaret Qualley is not Sarah, is the mexican actress TESSA IA, is mexican ambassador of the brand.

• Catherine Kallon December 9, 2018 at 5:43 pm #

thanks for the info

2. The original AB December 7, 2018 at 1:04 pm #

Gwei Lun Mei looks so chic. Sofia Coppola’s suit is next level hideous to me, a WDOTY candidate.

3. TinaL December 7, 2018 at 4:48 am #

Liu wen (not on list) is my favorite, followed by Gwei Lun Mei

4. barbara December 7, 2018 at 12:59 am #

Margot’s hair and makeup are gorgeous, but the dress is nothing. She is not a Chanel girl, the brand does not suit her at all.

Penelope Cruz is wearing the 187th version of the dress she always wears, with the difference that this one does not fit well. Blake Lively’s outfit would be very good without those goofy boots

Diane Kruger is dressing like a parody of her former self and everyone else looks alright (Gwei and Janelle) or slightly ridiculous – what is Marion Cotillard doing to herself?

5. phee December 7, 2018 at 12:11 am #

Gwei looks the best put together for sure. Simple and it works.
    Margot looks twee. Its an awful choice for her.
    Penelopes dress has odd proportions. The feathers are too low on the skirt.
    I could of liked Juliannes look for once if the dress didn’t seem so big on her.
    The rest are bad to just meh.
    Maybe a yes on Janelle?? not sure. It is quite the pic though.
    I cant really tell whats going on exactly with Blakes either so…

6. Caitlin December 6, 2018 at 10:06 pm #

That is a stunning photo of Janelle, they should use it for an ad

• Fanny December 6, 2018 at 11:20 pm #

Agreed! She and Gwei are my favourites here.

7. Jessica December 6, 2018 at 8:30 pm #

Pretty sure Teresa’s lining isn’t sitting right because she has a baby bump distorting it.

8. justme December 6, 2018 at 6:27 pm #

I only like Gwei Lun Mei’s outfit. When it comes to Chanel, maybe less is more.

• Amanda F December 7, 2018 at 3:57 am #

9. weis December 6, 2018 at 6:02 pm #

I like Gwei, Sofia, Janelle and Julianne even thought I think the dress is a bit big for her. I also like Diane and I’m happy to see Diane back to Chanel, haven’t seen her in Chanel for about two years I believe.

I always find Blake Lively tacky so this outing doesn’t surprise me.

10. TeaAtTwo December 6, 2018 at 3:34 pm #

I like Margot’s, Gwei’s, Julianne’s, Janelle’s(from this shot) looks. I like Sarah in that dress too but wish she’d worn Teresa’s (who dress looked better the time Margot wore it) sandals with it. The other outfits are just awful.

11. TeaAtTwo December 6, 2018 at 3:26 pm #

I notice Blake is out of her suit run now that that film promotion is over. But I shouldn’t mention that.

12. Vizual Ninja December 6, 2018 at 3:12 pm #

I really like Margot and Gwei here. As usual with Blake it’s too extra, at least one thing needed to be omitted from that outfit. I’m still kinda mad at her but I’ll try not to take into the new year lol. Everyone else is either overcooked as well or just not my taste.

13. Ksenia December 6, 2018 at 3:11 pm #

I am all for celebrities pursuing contracts with beauty companies and fashion houses because it allows them to make or wait for work they truly care about, but Margo’s Chanel doesn’t work for her. And Penelope’s Chanel contract makes her style even more boring.

Kristen Stewart’s Chanel contract, however, does not stifle Kristen Stewart’s Kristen Stewart, do you know what I mean? She makes it work for HER.

Marion’s isn’t flattering or interesting. I expect interesting from her. Great photo of Blake Sanctimonious Lively.

Penelope never met a feather she didn’t like. I wish that sense of fun extended to the rest of her style.

Gwei looks chic and like she’s not trying to desperately fit the Chanel Mode like half of these women.

I expect better from Mackenzie. She has looked way better in Chanel than this messy black dress. In contrast, Rowan looks chic as f-ck.

• JHH December 6, 2018 at 4:10 pm #

I agree with everything you wrote. In addition, I think that Blake’s picture is gorgeous but that outfit is horrible and Janelle looks good. Diane is so very much improved from her recent Versace outing. Sofia suit is awful and I think that Julianne could not look any bigger in the shoulders if she tried.

14. meme December 6, 2018 at 3:09 pm #

don’t like any of these and most of them are not flattering to the wearer.

• Caroline December 7, 2018 at 3:12 pm #