Menu

Blake Lively In Chanel – ‘C to You’ Show

Blake Lively In Chanel - 'C to You' Show

Blake Lively was captured leaving her hotel to go to the recording of the show ‘C to You’ in Paris on Wednesday (September 19).

On this occasion the suit-loving ‘A Simple Favor’ actress wore a grey suit and coat from Chanel’s Pre-Fall 2018 collection, styled with a pair of Christian Louboutin ‘Goyetta’ pumps, a Chanel flower bag, Chanel Fine jewels and a Chanel ‘Boyfriend’ watch.

In essence, the look is very smart, but the coat makes everything feel a bit bulky, and with the high neckline, maybe a slick back ‘do would’ve worked better.

I wanted to thank all of you who took the time to defend my joke about Blake and her suits on various instagrams like Entertainment Tonight and E News, and those who forwarded the Lainey Gossip article, which I urge you all to read when you have time.

I’m not upset by any means, so thanks for your concern. You guys rock for having my back.

An American friend of mine said that you just can’t say what you want in this day and age, even if it’s a joke.

But I’m gonna keep doing me, as I don’t know who else to be.

Credit: Vogue.com & Backgrid

Jorja Smith In Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture - Mercury Prize 2018

Jorja Smith In Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture – Mercury Prize 2018

Front Row @ Versace Spring 2019

Front Row @ Versace Spring 2019

33 Responses to Blake Lively In Chanel – ‘C to You’ Show

1. tod September 27, 2018 at 17:50 #

haha the lainey gossip article is amazing!! “…are we not supposed to notice the suits?” :-))))
    catherine, your humour is what we love. please don’t stop!

2. Fee September 25, 2018 at 05:30 #

I am wondering if she may have an announcement to make…

• Rosie September 25, 2018 at 07:17 #

Think so? What kind of announcement? That she needs a stylist?

3. JessNess September 24, 2018 at 16:16 #

I was excited about this movie, but won’t bother going to see it now. Will wait for netflix to air it.

4. QueenBee September 24, 2018 at 05:38 #

Blake really played herself with her out of touch, self-righteous response to your completely innocuous comment. You did nothing wrong Catherine, I’m glad to see other bloggers are on your side! Stay slaying hon!

5. Tati September 23, 2018 at 21:22 #

I strongly feel that there is something going wrong with her lately and it translates in bad fashion choices too…and this look is no exception…

6. Johann September 23, 2018 at 19:20 #

Hey FC, Just to clarify the name of the show is « C dans l’air » ☺️ !

7. YoungTimGunn September 23, 2018 at 16:26 #

I think this suit, the 1,357th of this press tour, is a miss. And since it is a source or irritation to Ms. Not-So-Lively that we notice, to begin with, I suggest that we perhaps quit noticing her altogether.

_______________________________

“Would you note a man wearing lots of suits during a promo tour?” — Christallmighty, what an idiot.

8. Lee Ann September 23, 2018 at 12:30 #

Frankly I have never seen such a patchwork of hideous trouser suits in my life . They do not suit her – no pun intended. This Chanel one is awful – gives her camel toe and makes her look big I know she is said not to use a stylist , which is fine , but could she please at least buy a mirror?
    Also she would look brilliant in Dries which is quirky but would fit her frame better . I know because we have similar builds

9. Leila September 23, 2018 at 11:29 #

Not surprised that Blake is as bright and irritating as her character Serena from her show Gossip Girl, which means, not bright at all! Okay I will say it out loud, she’s dumb! So, so dumb! hahaha

10. Samuel September 23, 2018 at 03:08 #

Don’t change a thing Catherine. This blog I read more religiously than scrolling facebook and it’s all because of you. We all know you are nothing less than empowering and supportive of women in this field and Blake’s faux-feminism is a big show of hypocrisy and ignorance.

If it was me, I’d be deleting anything in connection to Blake but clearly you are a better person than me! haha

11. Vizual Ninja September 22, 2018 at 22:25 #

I agree with all the sentiments below, keep doing you FC! I especially agree with Rasheedah, I was going to see A Simple Favour this weekend but I think I’ll finally see CRA instead. As for the suit, I agree about how it’s styled, her hair and accessories really take away from it..I actually like this suit compared to some of the others.

12. TinaL September 22, 2018 at 19:15 #

The size and fit are all wrong for her body frame. Way too tight.

While someone was being overly sensitive, you handled it with grace and humor. Kudos to your work on the blog and your love for fashion. Keep up with your great work Catherine.

13. JHH September 22, 2018 at 17:36 #

The pants are too tight. The bag does not work with the suit (the shoes almost do but not quite) and the outer coat is overkill. To me trying hard but missing or overdoing a few key details is the essence of Blake Lively when she is doing a promo tour. It’s obvious that she does not want a stylist, but she sure needs one.

14. Rasheedah September 22, 2018 at 16:48 #

Catherine is a bigger person than me because Blake’s reaction has completely caused me to re-evaluate supporting her in anything going forward. In this day and age of social media, for Blake to irresponsibly create an issue out of a joke because she couldn’t be bothered to actually put the comment in context or research the extensive positive coverage Catherine has given her over the years, she can honestly go kick rocks with her faux-feminist outrage and double standards. I was actually excited to go see A Simple Favor prior to all this but now I’ll just wait for it to show up on Netflix. That Lainey Gossip article said it all, #teamCatherine. This blog has been my favorite for years and I appreciate all the hard work and dedication she’s put in over the years!

• Lily September 24, 2018 at 11:52 #

I second this!!!!

15. Fiona-Brasil September 22, 2018 at 16:25 #

There is hope for her after all…I love the outfit.Minus the bag and hair, time for a new hairdresser Blake…

16. Alina September 22, 2018 at 16:25 #

Awful outfit.

Catherine, you rock!

17. meme September 22, 2018 at 15:34 #

Catherine, You do you because you are da bomb. I love this site and come every multiple times a day. I love your commentary.

LOVE this Chanel on the model. It indeed looks bulky on Blake. The pants look a bit snug.

18. EmmaWoodhouse September 22, 2018 at 15:22 #

Chiming in here late to say, you’re a class act, FC. I’ve always been frustrated how the #askhermore movement, which makes sense when we’re talking about female objectification, too often gets spilled over into criticizing those who take personal joy and professional interest in fashion as art and industry. There is nothing of a “double standard” about commenting about women’s clothing when it’s part of their curated image, and I’ve been a faithful follower of this blog for years to get every detail!!! If anything, the dudes have started realizing that their styles are boring and have been stepping it up!!! #ChadwickBoseman
    So, thanks for all you do, for having the gold standard of fashion blogs, AND for being gracious when a celeb misunderstands what’s going on.

19. Caroline September 22, 2018 at 15:02 #

The LaineyGossip article said everything I wanted to say about the matter, there’s nothing else to add really. The ass-kissing that I’ve seen these past few days about this is incredible. As you have said it best, keep doing you, through all these years you’ve never, not even once been negative or disrespectful towards any celebrity, less of all Blake. We love your commenting on your fashion and that’s about it. It’ll all be over in a few weeks.

20. James September 22, 2018 at 14:43 #

I lost all respect for her. She takes fashion a bit too seriously even if it’s not her job! UGH! It’s not that important woman! Keep doing your job Catherine, some of us appreciate everything you do for us and we don’t always agree on everything (starting by calling this woman a fashion icon :-p ) but we wiill always respect your work and commitment to fashion and to your blog 🙂

21. Hermoine September 22, 2018 at 13:59 #

Dear Blake
    I’ve never ever seen a single show you have ever been in
    Yet I come to Catherine’s site a billion times every day
    Ummmmm pretty sure she wins
    PS learn from her to develop a sense of humor

22. J. September 22, 2018 at 13:46 #

Everything seems so political these days that is almost impossible to make any kind of comment (let alone a joke) without someone getting offended or taking it the wrong way aka making a political issue about it.

I fully understand there are really important issues (gender inequality is undeniably one of them) that need our attention, concern and sensitivity; but there’s sensitivity and SENSITIVITY, and the latter has more to do with misinformation than with concern or loyalty to a cause.

You Catherine owe nobody an apology (and I’m pretty sure everyone will agree). Quite frankly and given the dimension this is taking it should me Mrs. Lively who should clarify her comments, as they do nothing but cloud a cause as important and necessary as feminism.

23. TeaAtTwo September 22, 2018 at 13:35 #

How cold is it in Paris? The whole woke ‘don’t worry about my fashion’ seems insincere and suddenly unappreciative of fashion playing a significant part of her career and fame because it definitely wasn’t just her mediocre acting skills. It’ll be interesting to see if she’s still doing the suit theme once the movie has left cinemas.

• Rosie September 22, 2018 at 13:53 #

This! She chose on ourpose to wear suits to promote her movie and the character she played in it and yet she acted all indignant when people point out she’s been wearing too many? Hilarious.
      She has become famous mainly for fashion, so she should come off her pedestal now.

• Molly September 22, 2018 at 15:01 #

The only thing keeping her relevant has always been her clothes. Had it not been for Gossip Girl turning her into a fashion girl, no one pay any attention to Blake. And as Lainey said, the purpose of the suits are to promote the movie, it’s nothing more than marketing. Blake needs to take several seats.

24. Laura September 22, 2018 at 13:22 #

If anyone ever calls her a fashion girl again please show them the shoes and bag she choose to go with this outfit. Good grief.

• meme September 22, 2018 at 15:35 #

She NEEDS a stylist

25. Martijn September 22, 2018 at 13:15 #

Dear Catherine,

Your humour, wit and the respect you write about all celebs are the reason many of us come and visit your website daily. You have shown your admiration for Blake in many occasions, and how she tries to keep it interesting at all times, like this tour with the suits. Her response was really out of place, and not being nice for a blog that has supported her style choices throught the years.

So to be honest, the fact that you keep posting about her looks, giving honest comment about them shows what a true professional you are. Also, LOVED the Lainey article, so well put and written.

Keep up the great work

A big fan of the blog from Amsterdam!

• Camille September 24, 2018 at 04:40 #

+1 to this!

Thanks FC for keeping this blog alive all these years. Been a regular on this blog since I can remember (7-8 years strong?!)

All the best!

26. Hailey September 22, 2018 at 13:15 #

I love your blog and your spirit! Everyday I come here to look at the fashion and see the hard work that you do, so thank you so much!

27. Rosie September 22, 2018 at 13:06 #

Kudos to you for still covering her outfits. In your shoes, I would have let her fall into oblivion, fashion wise.
    But it is great of you to show how better than her you are, so keep on the great job here!