Menu

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Nonie – The Nelson Mandela Centenary Exhibition

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex has certainly been busy with royal outings this month.

From Prince Louis christening and her two-day visit to Dublin, to her Wimbledon outing with sister in law Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, the newlywed continues to bring something different to each occasion.

And her latest outing – for the Nelson Mandela Centenary Exhibition with husband Prince Harry at the Southbank Centre in London on Tuesday (July 17) – was no different.

The Duchess wore a sleeveless trench dress from Canadian ready-to-wear label, Nonie.

The blush-coloured dress featured bold black buttons, a structured collar and a loose sash tied at the waist that was styled with a pink Mulberry clutch, nude Dior pumps, and Birks jewels; which saw her mix both British and Canadian brands.

According to reports, Meghan brought the dress from the brand’s Spring/Summer 2018 collection back in 2017 while still living in Toronto.

Personally I would love to see her incorporate -what I refer to as her pre-wedding- style to events like this, so the look and feels comes across more natural.

Mulberry Clifton Rosewater Bag

Credit: Nonie & Getty

‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ World Premiere

‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ World Premiere

Lily James In Emilia Wickstead - The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Lily James In Emilia Wickstead – The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

31 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Nonie – The Nelson Mandela Centenary Exhibition

1. Siba July 22, 2018 at 4:24 pm #

Was Kate ostracized this much? I mean none of her outfits are memkrable, just thebusual and you come onto this site and hail her looks as if you’ve never seen them before.The white praising is too much. Kate is a natural brit, therefore she’s gonna dress like one, Meghan is not, so imagine trying to incorporate your style to a different lifestyle with a million rules behind it, dont wear this, do that, behave like this etc. People are just being hard on her for no good reason. Shes not a brit, never lived in the UK, wasn’t dating the guy for 10 years, had an opinion on what goes in her life and politics, this is new. Give her a break. Behind all this faux comments, all I can say is that the racism is real towards this girl. And this site is just adding to it with all the white celebs it posts. I’ve been a fan of RCFA for years, but all I’ve seen is white celebrities’ looks, black celebs are few which is quite sad. can’t support your fellow black people.

• brat July 23, 2018 at 8:41 am #

Catherine should not dignify your comment with a response Siba/Adele.

She loves fashion and is equal opportunity. She has her favorites based on their personal Style. There are tons of POC’s regularly featured here. What ugly insinuations.

The fucking cock between YOUR legs.

2. Adela July 22, 2018 at 4:03 pm #

• brat July 23, 2018 at 8:42 pm #

You have your absolute nerve, Adela/Siba. Catherine is a lover of fashion and her favorites are based off their style, not their color or race. This website is for those who love Catherine’s commentary and her OPINION on fashion and the celebs around the world who wear them. There are PLENTY of POC’s who are regularly featured here, to say otherwise is a complete lie that is easily discredited. Catherine covers one of my favorite international style stars Sonam Kapoor, who is rarely ever featured on any western fashion forums. Her coverage of the international stars who walk the Cannes red carpet is hard to find and very diverse. I could give example after example. I’m a woman of color who finds Meghan’s fashion to be mostly medicore. That’s not racism, that’s MY critical eye and opinion. Btw, Kate’s style has been dragged as boring and old-lady for the last 4 years at least. But by all means, continue with your false narrative.

The fucking cock between YOUR legs. Go elsewhere if her commentary is not up to your standard. There are so many POC’s who are covered here that all I can surmise from your unwarranted criticism is that you feel as a black woman herself, Catherine should focus strictly on black people. Your personal insinuations about her are so ugly and out of line, I am amazed at your audacity. Know that you are in the absolute minority and your approval or lack of makes no difference to the rest of us. Please make your way to Essence, where you can happily view black ONLY red carpets and don’t come back. I’m responding because Catherine should not ever have to feel that she should have to dignify a comment like yours with a response. I’m sure she experiences enough micro-aggressions in her life without a stranger like you anonymously attacking her on her own site. It’s disgusting, honestly.

• brat July 24, 2018 at 7:30 am #

You have your absolute nerve, Adela/Siba. Catherine loves fashion and her favorites are based off their style, not their color or race. This website is for those who love Catherine’s commentary and her OPINION on fashion and the celebs around the world who wear them. There are PLENTY of POC’s who are regularly featured here, to say otherwise is a complete lie that is easily discredited. Catherine covers one of my favorite international style stars Sonam Kapoor, who is rarely ever featured on any western fashion forums. Her coverage of the international stars who walk the Cannes red carpet is hard to find and very diverse. Every BET awards red carpet as is the NAACP annual awards. She devoted round the clock coverage to the Black Panther Promo tour. Naomie Harris and Thandie Newton are favorites of hers. I could give example after example. I’m a woman of color who finds Meghan’s fashion to be mostly medicore. That’s not racism, that’s MY critical eye and opinion. Kate’s style has been dragged for the last 4 years on this site as mostly boring but by all means, continue with your false narrative.

The fucking cock between YOUR legs! Your personal insinuation about her is ugly and so out of line, I am amazed at your audacity. Go elsewhere if her commentary is not up to your standard. There are so many POC’s who are covered here that all I can surmise from your unwarranted criticism is that you are saying as a black woman herself, Catherine should focus strictly on black people. What ignorant rubbish. Know that you are in the absolute minority and your approval or lack of makes no difference to the rest of us. Please make your way to Essence, where you can happily view black only red carpets and don’t come back. I’m posting this because Catherine should not ever have to feel that she should have to dignify a comment like yours with a response. I’m sure she experiences enough micro-aggressions in her life without a stranger like you anonymously attacking her on her own site, while simultaneously claiming to be a fan of her work.

• Adela December 11, 2018 at 9:51 am #

I think the fact that you have to be rude to someone’s opinion shows your true character. And btw I also am a woman of colour. Me stating my truth doesn’t make it a lie. Just because I’m a fan, doesn’t mean I’m not going to speak up about what I feel isn’t fair. Don’t just talk about the Black Panther event or the BET awards. I’m talking about POC in general. Go back to the beginning. Nor did I say she should focus on black people, I was saying “include them more”. Don’t twist my words if you don’t understand what I’m trying to say.

• brat July 25, 2018 at 6:53 pm #

You have your absolute nerve, Adela/Siba. Catherine loves fashion and her favorites are based off their style, not their color. A hard concept for you to understand perhaps. This website is for those who love Catherine’s commentary and her OPINION on fashion and the celebs around the world who wear them, her site is and always has been incredibly diverse. There are PLENTY of POC’s who are regularly featured here, to say otherwise is a complete lie that is easily discredited. Catherine covers one of my favorite international style stars Sonam Kapoor, who is rarely ever featured on any western fashion forums. Her coverage of the international stars who walk the Cannes red carpet is hard to find and very diverse. Every BET awards red carpet as is the NAACP annual awards. She devoted round the clock coverage to the Black Panther Promo tour. Naomie Harris and Thandie Newton are favorites of hers. I could give example after example. I’m a woman of color who finds Meghan’s fashion to be mostly medicore. That’s not racism, that’s MY critical eye and opinion. Kate’s style has been dragged for the last 4 years on this site as mostly boring but by all means, continue with your false narrative.

3. kane July 22, 2018 at 11:24 am #

Blush and double-breasted, stop it already, Meghan, even the model’s getting a headache 🙁

4. Fee July 18, 2018 at 10:56 pm #

Love it, one of her best looks.

5. CreoleLady July 18, 2018 at 10:30 pm #

She clearly likes blush and I see way as it looks great on her. Classic with a twist. Love, h2t.

• brat July 19, 2018 at 2:06 am #

Yes blush is a great color for her.

6. ElyseBelle July 18, 2018 at 10:28 pm #

The simplicity of this look and cohesiveness is delightful. I do wish it flared out more to emphasize the shape. The collars do seem to overwhelm her up top some, though.

7. Susannah July 18, 2018 at 7:35 pm #

I like this, very modern and interesting.

8. Sassqueen July 18, 2018 at 6:35 pm #

I love it. The color is beautiful on her. The fit is great ..this is a winning look for me .i saw her close up looks and she is wearing pink blush instead of that dark bronzer she usually wears..she looks stunning..i hope she keeps it up..

9. brat July 18, 2018 at 4:31 pm #

It’s cool. Modern and simple.

• SilentVisitor July 18, 2018 at 4:39 pm #

10. Vizual Ninja July 18, 2018 at 3:30 pm #

I wish it flared like it does in the lookbook, and that it was nipped a little bit tighter at the waist. I agree that darker accessories would’ve been more impactful but overall it isn’t a bad look.

11. J July 18, 2018 at 2:50 pm #

Can this woman not find clothes that are not two sizes two big? It’s either she’s swimming in them, or, like that gray dress, extremely tight in the chest where you can see the exact outline of her bra.

• J July 18, 2018 at 4:16 pm #

Oops about the typo. It’s ‘too’ and not ‘two’. Sometimes there’s a short between my brain and my keyboard. LOL

12. NZ July 18, 2018 at 2:41 pm #

Meh

13. Eva July 18, 2018 at 2:30 pm #

I like the idea, but I think the collar overwhelms her petite frame.
    The blush on blush on blush of the accessories also falls a bit flat for me. A nice punch of colour via the shoe would have been welcomed – or even a black or suede brown pump like she wore with her Givenchy look last week.

14. Marie July 18, 2018 at 2:29 pm #

She should have worn a bra…

15. AnnaP July 18, 2018 at 2:23 pm #

She looks great – love the colour on her and the shape.

Her hair always looks so pretty too.

Beautiful, stylish, gracious woman, perfect for these compassionate engagements.

16. Alina July 18, 2018 at 2:18 pm #

There’s something I don’t quite like here. Maybe the collar? It sits weirdly. I also think I would have preferred darker coloured accessories.

17. meme July 18, 2018 at 2:11 pm #

I like the dress and think she looks great.

• Susie July 18, 2018 at 5:20 pm #

• Jas July 19, 2018 at 6:58 am #

+2 I would wear this in a heartbeat

18. Conejo Literario July 18, 2018 at 1:57 pm #

I really like it, I think she looks super chic! 🙂

19. Kimma July 18, 2018 at 1:52 pm #

I like the concept but not the execution of this look. It falls a bit flat to me.

• Iva July 18, 2018 at 4:58 pm #

• brat July 18, 2018 at 6:32 pm #

+2. It’s nice but the overall styling could have been better.