Menu

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Nonie – The Nelson Mandela Centenary Exhibition

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex has certainly been busy with royal outings this month.

From Prince Louis christening and her two-day visit to Dublin, to her Wimbledon outing with sister in law Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, the newlywed continues to bring something different to each occasion.

And her latest outing – for the Nelson Mandela Centenary Exhibition with husband Prince Harry at the Southbank Centre in London on Tuesday (July 17) – was no different.

The Duchess wore a sleeveless trench dress from Canadian ready-to-wear label, Nonie.

The blush-coloured dress featured bold black buttons, a structured collar and a loose sash tied at the waist that was styled with a pink Mulberry clutch, nude Dior pumps, and Birks jewels; which saw her mix both British and Canadian brands.

According to reports, Meghan brought the dress from the brand’s Spring/Summer 2018 collection back in 2017 while still living in Toronto.

Personally I would love to see her incorporate -what I refer to as her pre-wedding- style to events like this, so the look and feels comes across more natural.

Mulberry Clifton Rosewater Bag

Credit: Nonie & Getty

‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ World Premiere

‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ World Premiere

Lily James In Emilia Wickstead - The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Lily James In Emilia Wickstead – The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

26 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Nonie – The Nelson Mandela Centenary Exhibition

1. Siba July 22, 2018 at 16:24 #

Was Kate ostracized this much? I mean none of her outfits are memkrable, just thebusual and you come onto this site and hail her looks as if you’ve never seen them before.The white praising is too much. Kate is a natural brit, therefore she’s gonna dress like one, Meghan is not, so imagine trying to incorporate your style to a different lifestyle with a million rules behind it, dont wear this, do that, behave like this etc. People are just being hard on her for no good reason. Shes not a brit, never lived in the UK, wasn’t dating the guy for 10 years, had an opinion on what goes in her life and politics, this is new. Give her a break. Behind all this faux comments, all I can say is that the racism is real towards this girl. And this site is just adding to it with all the white celebs it posts. I’ve been a fan of RCFA for years, but all I’ve seen is white celebrities’ looks, black celebs are few which is quite sad. can’t support your fellow black people.

2. Adela July 22, 2018 at 16:03 #

3. kane July 22, 2018 at 11:24 #

Blush and double-breasted, stop it already, Meghan, even the model’s getting a headache 🙁

4. Fee July 18, 2018 at 22:56 #

Love it, one of her best looks.

5. CreoleLady July 18, 2018 at 22:30 #

She clearly likes blush and I see way as it looks great on her. Classic with a twist. Love, h2t.

• brat July 19, 2018 at 02:06 #

Yes blush is a great color for her.

6. ElyseBelle July 18, 2018 at 22:28 #

The simplicity of this look and cohesiveness is delightful. I do wish it flared out more to emphasize the shape. The collars do seem to overwhelm her up top some, though.

7. Susannah July 18, 2018 at 19:35 #

I like this, very modern and interesting.

8. Sassqueen July 18, 2018 at 18:35 #

I love it. The color is beautiful on her. The fit is great ..this is a winning look for me .i saw her close up looks and she is wearing pink blush instead of that dark bronzer she usually wears..she looks stunning..i hope she keeps it up..

9. brat July 18, 2018 at 16:31 #

It’s cool. Modern and simple.

• SilentVisitor July 18, 2018 at 16:39 #

10. Vizual Ninja July 18, 2018 at 15:30 #

I wish it flared like it does in the lookbook, and that it was nipped a little bit tighter at the waist. I agree that darker accessories would’ve been more impactful but overall it isn’t a bad look.

11. J July 18, 2018 at 14:50 #

Can this woman not find clothes that are not two sizes two big? It’s either she’s swimming in them, or, like that gray dress, extremely tight in the chest where you can see the exact outline of her bra.

• J July 18, 2018 at 16:16 #

Oops about the typo. It’s ‘too’ and not ‘two’. Sometimes there’s a short between my brain and my keyboard. LOL

12. NZ July 18, 2018 at 14:41 #

Meh

13. Eva July 18, 2018 at 14:30 #

I like the idea, but I think the collar overwhelms her petite frame.
    The blush on blush on blush of the accessories also falls a bit flat for me. A nice punch of colour via the shoe would have been welcomed – or even a black or suede brown pump like she wore with her Givenchy look last week.

14. Marie July 18, 2018 at 14:29 #

She should have worn a bra…

15. AnnaP July 18, 2018 at 14:23 #

She looks great – love the colour on her and the shape.

Her hair always looks so pretty too.

Beautiful, stylish, gracious woman, perfect for these compassionate engagements.

16. Alina July 18, 2018 at 14:18 #

There’s something I don’t quite like here. Maybe the collar? It sits weirdly. I also think I would have preferred darker coloured accessories.

17. meme July 18, 2018 at 14:11 #

I like the dress and think she looks great.

• Susie July 18, 2018 at 17:20 #

• Jas July 19, 2018 at 06:58 #

+2 I would wear this in a heartbeat

18. Conejo Literario July 18, 2018 at 13:57 #

I really like it, I think she looks super chic! 🙂

19. Kimma July 18, 2018 at 13:52 #

I like the concept but not the execution of this look. It falls a bit flat to me.

• Iva July 18, 2018 at 16:58 #

• brat July 18, 2018 at 18:32 #

+2. It’s nice but the overall styling could have been better.