Menu

Much like Danai Gurira, ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ star Tessa Thompson has been busy attending pre-Oscar events in LA.

2018 Essence Black Women In Hollywood Oscars Luncheon: Was this dazzling Ralph & Russo Spring 2017 Couture dress a bit OTT for a luncheon? Some might say yes, but I would say no. Evoking flapper girls of the Jazz Age, the look serves up elegance rather than over the top pageantry. Piaget jewels and white Christian Louboutin pumps help ground the look.

Vanity Fair and Lancome Paris Toast Women in Hollywood: I loved the 80s nostalgia imbued within her gold lame Alberta Ferretti Fall 2018 look which stayed on the right side of retro. With gold Giuseppe Zanotti platforms continuing the retro vibe, the Adeam white bag felt very much out of place.

‘A Beautiful Future’ Campaign with Fem the Future: With her Rodarte black, fuschia and yellow ostrich feather coat taking centre stage, the actress opted for simple separates as not to overcook the look. Casadei boots plus a stylish Cult Gaia ‘Lilleth’ tote, defined by its sculptural approach to design, added a fashion forward edge.

Cult Gaia ‘Lilleth’ Tote

Ralph & Russo Spring 2017 Couture
Alberta Ferretti Fall 2018
Rodarte Spring 2018

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Mélanie Thierry In Christian Dior Couture - César Awards 2018

Mélanie Thierry In Christian Dior Couture – César Awards 2018

Olga Kurylenko In Christian Dior - César Awards 2018

Olga Kurylenko In Christian Dior – César Awards 2018

10 Responses to Tessa Thompson In Ralph & Russo Couture, Alberta Ferretti & Rodarte – Pre-Oscars Events

1. EmmaWoodhouse March 5, 2018 at 2:01 am #

I like the first look, with different shoes. the others are too loud.

2. Fanny March 4, 2018 at 1:19 pm #

I like all three looks although shoes and bags could be improved in all of them.

3. Alina March 4, 2018 at 7:57 am #

Look no. 1: I really like the dress on her! I would have chosen metallic sandals, but the white shoes don’t ruin it.

Look no.2: It works for her, but the bag is a no.

Look no.3: She makes everything going on with this look work. Kudos.

4. TeaAtTwo March 4, 2018 at 12:51 am #

I really like metallic fringing of the dress. I would have paired with silver shoes but maybe it the white ones give it a nod to a luncheon. Not sold on the Ferretti look especially those shoes or bag. The third I like because the coat looks so fun and she looks cool in it.

5. Pheephee March 3, 2018 at 11:31 pm #

Love the first dress but her styling falls flat. Do not like white shoes with it.
    The second is a shiny shapeless disaster.
    The third is a no. Hate the coat, those pants look hideous. Too high waisted.

6. AnderBoBo March 3, 2018 at 6:43 pm #

Each look has just *one* too many elements to really work for me. I love her zest for fashion but sometimes you have to edit.

• Vizual Ninja March 4, 2018 at 2:16 am #

+1 agreed. I really only like the first look, minus the shoes.

7. Amanda F March 3, 2018 at 6:41 pm #

I am loving her commitment to fashion. She looks amazing! The first maybe a little ott for a luncheon but really who cares – she totally rocks the look. Love it all.

8. Maria F. March 3, 2018 at 6:30 pm #

I like the first dress, but would have preferred metallic shoes.

I could have liked the middle outfit with high heels and a different bag.

The third look is ok for me. I like the it is a bit more casual. Also, that bag is amazing.

• JHH March 3, 2018 at 7:03 pm #